• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reduced power with no Fault code

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
have the same issue this morning. ER Lariat, was plugged in last night on mobile charger (nema 14-50) and charged from about 65%-90%, preconditioned at 7am, left at 720am. Truck was at 56% power the whole time. i shut down and restarted a few times. On restart it would show 100% but as soon as i moved it went to 56%. Ill try it again this afternoon and see if it goes back to normal. fingers crossed....
Hello! I can take a closer look into your battery issues. Can you send us a direct message with your VIN and the dealership name/location?
Sponsored

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
Just got hit by this. Had been charging on my L2 overnight. Have it set to max of 60%. Received an update around 2am and when i checked this morning the truck was around 75% even though max charge limit was set.

then when I got in the truck I noticed the power was reduced to 56%. Haven’t had a chance to turn it off for an extended period of time. The front motor does not seem to be powering or recharging based in the distribution display

also I noticed my tailgate light was on, and when I pressed the power gate button it slammed open like it just released entirely which is the second time this has happened.

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Just saw this yesterday on the way to work. The vehicle was charged to the max level set at 80%. I can’t recall if the truck started at 64%, or it dropped during the drive, but the front motor showed no power- in or out.

The issue resolved itself on restart.

Rocket808

First Name
Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I had this happen now a second time (that I noticed). First time was after a DC fast charge, last night was after a Level 2 charge (very low rate ~3kW) but on charge for around 10 hours.
No fault code, front motor not operating as others have said.

after making a stop for a bit, returned to normal, but is this a “walking wounded” scenario?

Ford F-150 Lightning Reduced power with no Fault code IMG_0460
Ford F-150 Lightning Reduced power with no Fault code IMG_0461
Ford F-150 Lightning Reduced power with no Fault code IMG_0459

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just had this issue for the first time today. Started it up after several short trips and it was set to 56%. Haven't charged it for a couple days so at least for me it doesn't seem charging related. After getting it home, it was at 49% battery with outside temps of ~80F. Nothing that would have usually caused a reduced power level such as cold temps or low state of charge. When I turned it on after letting it rest for 15 minutes it reset back to 100%. Very weird and a little unsettling.

'22 Lariat ER ~8800 miles

Sponsored

YellowGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I also had this happen this weekend. Lariat ER with barely 1k miles on it. Was L1 charging, unplugged it to head out and same issue. Front motor was reporting no power / recharging. It also fixed itself after parking for about 45 minutes. Really curious if any of the other folks in this thread over time have seen it happen again or if it was a one off or if there was any follow up. I'm hoping it's a one off and not indicative of something brewing.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Happened to me again today after charging at work at ~5KW.

Similar to others no power to the front motor.

Reset after sitting around for 5 minutes. At this point I'm not sure if it's a software bug or a hardware fault. Either way I don't know how to get it fixed given that no error codes are being given.

Ford F-150 Lightning Reduced power with no Fault code PXL_20230905_220820007

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
The next time that anyone encounters this, ideally while it still shows you have reduced power, please go into the sync menu and submit voice feedback. Please state as clearly as possible what has happened and what you were doing. This sends a short data log along with the voice recording and that data may be the key to getting this figured out

YellowGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This sends a short data log along with the voice recording and that data may be the key to getting this figured out
Oh that is super interesting. I did not know that was even a thing. So far, no repeats here, but from ElectricGuys report, maybe it's just a matter of time. Thanks for the suggestion.

YellowGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had it happen again twice this weekend. It was immediately after unplugging it from L1 charging both times. Both times I sent the voice feedback. Not sure what to make of it. After leaving it off after arriving at our destinations for a little while, it was gone again. Maybe I wait for the update and see if it still happens after that. I'll probably contact dealer / Ford if it continues.

Sponsored

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
I had this happen this week on the way off for a 200 ish mile drive. I was trying to charge the last bit to 100% for the drive and had that same 56% power. It also re-set after about an hour. I tried turning the truck on and off again at the coffee shop and it came up at 100% and then dropped to 56 within a minute or two. I just saw this thread about voice feedback so will do that if it happens again. I think there should be a button on the screen at the top to "capture this" so you could save that data log moment to send off later.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Had it happen again twice this weekend. It was immediately after unplugging it from L1 charging both times. Both times I sent the voice feedback. Not sure what to make of it. After leaving it off after arriving at our destinations for a little while, it was gone again. Maybe I wait for the update and see if it still happens after that. I'll probably contact dealer / Ford if it continues.
Hi there! I can look into your Lightning's reduced power concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?

YellowGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi there! I can look into your Lightning's reduced power concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?
Sent. Very much appreciated that you folks are active here and helping out. Certainly eases the mind a bit.

YellowGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Another observation that might help track this down; upon startup, the truck states it has full power. Nothing appears out of the ordinary. As soon as you move the shift lever even just to reverse, the power meter drops to 75% first, and then a second later down to the 56% where it stays. If you turn the truck off/on without waiting at least somewhere between 5 and 30 minutes, it does the same song and dance.
Sponsored