• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Silverado EV spotted

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
on our trip to Dallas last weekend I was charging at an EVGO station in Plano when a brand new Silverado EV pulled up next to me. He'd had it less than a week and the OD showed 500 miles. I admire and envy the midgate bed extension feature as I had a 2012 Avalanche the I traded in for my Lariat. I told him I couldn't wait two more years. Very nice truck. In addition to the midgate fold down, I like that the shifter was on the column and not the center console.
Sponsored

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
on our trip to Dallas last weekend I was charging at an EVGO station in Plano when a brand new Silverado EV pulled up next to me. He'd had it less than a week and the OD showed 500 miles. I admire and envy the midgate bed extension feature as I had a 2012 Avalanche the I traded in for my Lariat. I told him I couldn't wait two more years. Very nice truck. In addition to the midgate fold down, I like that the shifter was on the column and not the center console.
Was it the white work truck or was it an upgraded trim?

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
I’m hoping to see one soon. I think they look nice even in WT trim. It got the cool mid gate feature that the CT was supposed to get before they went full Elon on it.

OP
OP
davehu

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Was it the white work truck or was it an upgraded trim?
white. not familiar enough with it to know about the trim . nice guy.. he was loving it. said he liked the Lightning too.

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I didn't think the WT was getting the mid-gate option. Maybe it was an upgraded trim in white but didn't GM put the upgraded models on hold?

Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I agree, I like the column shift, but I hate that it always returns to the center position, no matter what "gear" it's in. Even if it hasn't been needed for almost 20 years for actually controlling a linkage, shifter position helps to subconsciously convey the selected gear without any visual confirmation.

OP
OP
davehu

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I didn't think the WT was getting the mid-gate option. Maybe it was an upgraded trim in white but didn't GM put the upgraded models on hold?
I don't know if it had it. I didn't need to see it as I owned an Avalanche for 12 years. I don't even know what trim it was. I was unplugging to leave so we only had a few words.

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
The local Chevy dealer has a white W/T on the lot. Sticker is 82k and the website says call for price, knowing the reputation of this dealer it’s got at least a 15k markup. I’m not really a fan of the looks. Maybe the upgraded trims will look better.

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I like that the shifter was on the column and not the center console.
I also find the console shifter bulky and unnecessary. I've seen the posts where people swap it with a rotary shifter - I just don't have the confidence to do that myself.

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, shopping for 2024 Flash
Occupation
Retired
I'm attracted to the Silverado because of the claimed longer range and faster charging.

Blade Chevrolet in Mount Vernon, WA is advertising that they have five 3WT Silverados, "AVAILABLE NOW". The thumbnail ad says $75,445 MSRP but the details page has "$82,351 - Cash" at the top.

The 3WT is said to have a smaller battery than the 4WT. "the 4WT version, which has the big, 24-module battery pack, can cover over 400 miles, but Chevrolet also sells a version called the 3WT, which is cheaper and has a smaller, 20-module pack."

It seems no 2024 Silverado EV gets the Clean Vehicle tax credit.

If my order for a 2024 Flash, placed yesterday through Ford.com Build & Price, doesn't come through for a year or two I'll check out the Silverado WT.

Sponsored

flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, Tesla Model S
No Silverado EV RST's have been delivered to customers as far as I know. Mine came off of the assembly line and was completed 2 weeks ago, but has not been invoiced to the dealer and does not have a ship date as of yet.

My vin is 719. This is similar to what happened with my lighting. took over a month to get it shipped. I was hoping it would have been this week after the big press event they had, but alas, still waiting.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach-E
Every dealer I queried about the WT stated that though they are advertising them on their website, the trucks are only for fleet customers. I don't know if that's still true, but if it hadn't been at the time we were looking, we would probably be driving a Silverado instead of a Lightning.

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Something like this:
IMG_1877.jpeg
IMG_1878.jpeg
IMG_1875.jpeg
Thanks for sharing this. To me the Lightning looks better than this truck, looks better than the Rivian, and looks better than the Cyber Truck. Now the RAM REV looks sharp and the proposed specs sound interesting. Still got to go Lightning until there is something that looks better and has game changing range.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Thanks for sharing this. To me the Lightning looks better than this truck, looks better than the Rivian, and looks better than the Cyber Truck. Now the RAM REV looks sharp and the proposed specs sound interesting. Still got to go Lightning until there is something that looks better and has game changing range.
RAM REV CHARGER or whatever they're calling it is going to be THE hybrid truck. Driven only by electric motors, the V6 will only serve as a range extending generator. Simple, and powerful, that's what I would want in a hybrid.

FWIW the R1T is a great looking mid-size truck, as long as the headlights don't turn you off of it. I love it for what it is, but I wanted to be in a full size truck, and the Lightning is the best available. The Silverado is doing some things right. Definitely improved aerodynamics over the regular Silverado and even over the Lightning, and packed to the gills with batteries. It's impressive range and power, and I really like the 400/800v battery switching to increase charging. I hope it succeeds, because I want other manufactures to take notes on what it does right.
Sponsored