• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
"Our first car company, Ford, and then GM, are starting in Feb 2024... We're opening up to most of the other car manufacturers in stages just to make sure we don't get swamped all at once."

Sawyer Merritt on X: "NEWS: Ford and GM vehicles will gain access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers in North America in February ...

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Listen to what she says. She's not talking about adaptors or existing EV's. She's talking about charge ports and software. This could mean that the 2025 models could be nearing production.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hopefully soon we will find out if a third party adapter will be blessed or Tesla already has produced their own adapters. Fingers crossed for an early February release, I have a 1300 mile roadtrip at the end of the month.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Listen to what she says. She's not talking about adaptors or existing EV's. She's talking about charge ports and software. This could mean that the 2025 models could be nearing production.
Have they even rolled a MY ‘24 out of the plant yet? Doubt a MY ‘25 are starting for February.

Using your assumption, if anything I would suspect that Ford figured out a way to install the NACS on the MY ‘24 Lightnings

But I suspect that they only mean Ford Pass is ready, the adapters are ready, and we can charge in a few months.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
The evidence points to the Supercharger network opening up in February. Here is a post I made on another thread:

The A2Z website says their adapter will ship the end of January. For those saying that Tesla won’t open up their network until next summer, it doesn’t make sense that A2Z will try to sell an adapter that can’t be used. I think A2Z has some insider information and they know Tesla will open their network by the end of January.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Have they even rolled a MY ‘24 out of the plant yet? Doubt a MY ‘25 are starting for February.

Using your assumption, if anything I would suspect that Ford figured out a way to install the NACS on the MY ‘24 Lightnings

But I suspect that they only mean Ford Pass is ready, the adapters are ready, and we can charge in a few months.
I bet you don't see the NACS socket on this generation of Lightning. Wouldn't make sense to integrate it. Same with the Mach-E. They probably wait until a refresh or redesign.

DreamBrother1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent, Honda Civic, Kawasaki Vulcan
Is it true only V3 and V4 superchargers will be available to Lightnings? If so this is a huge bummer as all the Superchargers in my state and nearby states are V2 :(

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Is it true only V3 and V4 superchargers will be available to Lightnings? If so this is a huge bummer as all the Superchargers in my state and nearby states are V2 :(
V2 doesn't support the protocols the CCS vehicles need to communicate. Unless Tesla retrofits them, we can only charge on V3 and V4 stations.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
If it makes you feel any better, you don’t really want to charge on the V2s anyway. They can get super slow…

(That’s said, they’re still better than EA..)

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
The evidence points to the Supercharger network opening up in February. Here is a post I made on another thread:

The A2Z website says their adapter will ship the end of January. For those saying that Tesla won’t open up their network until next summer, it doesn’t make sense that A2Z will try to sell an adapter that can’t be used. I think A2Z has some insider information and they know Tesla will open their network by the end of January.
It seems they have NDA's in place with some North American OEM's. When you try and checkout their Typhoon Plug (NACS-CCS Adapter) it says that it indeed does work with a Supercharger, pending Tesla opening their network to Ford. As it stands now, the Typhoon plug does work on a supercharger using a CCS to NACS adapter (two adapters piggybacked onto each other). I called A2Z myself and spoke to their owner. Basically, he could not mention OEM names but did confirm that if the plug does not work on a Supercharger due to it not being third party approved, he would refund the product. To me that seems hes pretty sure it's going to work.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
What state? I looked at the Midwest, seems like plenty of v3 everywhere except northern half of Michigan.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
wow, this is great news. I'm in Hot Springs AR and we have family in both Dallas and Houston and I can't make it to Houston (7hr) in one day so we'll use my wifes ICE car. I was believing I wouldn't be able to show off Sparky (my lightning) to the family until next summer. let's hope it all works out sooner than later.

DreamBrother1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent, Honda Civic, Kawasaki Vulcan
What state? I looked at the Midwest, seems like plenty of v3 everywhere except northern half of Michigan.
Of the 10 superchargers in SD, the only locations I would ever use (8/10) are 150kw. I believe that means they are all V2. Also from my location driving to Minneapolis, or Colorado, only a couple V3 on the way and most are 150kw. The only location I may end up using is the 250kw charger in Sioux City, IA. May the single 250kw location in West Omaha too. Better than nothing I guess!
Sponsored