• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What are you plugging in to your On-Board Power outlets in your Lightning?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I've got this model in my frunk, fits great. The larger sizes don't fit.

https://a.co/d/9C4rONm
Sponsored

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, Tesla Model Y
Sur-Ron electric dirt bike to charge while eating lunch from the mini crockpot filled with Thai curry my wife made. Last week I did a full work day from a hospital parking lot, (Dad getting chemo) conference calls, webinars, online trades using the AT&T hotspot with the temp set at 70 degrees.

Ford F-150 Lightning What are you plugging in to your On-Board Power outlets in your Lightning? D57D8D6A-7904-4CB8-8FCA-1F5CEEFA0706

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
This may be just the weirdest post, but I've had the truck 5 months and not a single device has been plugged into a single outlet. Never even tested them all.

Last edited:

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
This may be just weirdest post, but I'v had the truck 5 months and not a single device has been plugged into a single outlet. Never even tested them all.
Same here - and four months. I bet most residential users will never use the outlets. Heck, in my Suburbans, I think I might have used the 120 volt outlet once to charge an iPad.

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired Engineer
While I don’t have my truck yet (mid Feb hopefully) I plan on using it for tailgating. I have season tickets for the LA Galaxy so I plan on having some great pre-game parties. I’ll need to plug in the big screen tv, sound system, mini-frig, blender, electric grill and any other items we may require.
I am also a ham radio operator and will use the truck to power my radios when I’m on the road in remote areas. This truck offers so many opportunities you just need to be creative.

Sponsored

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I am using the Bodega T50 frig in the back passenger side floor with the seat up, plugged into 110Vac so as not to run down the 12Vdc battery. I think the height is 18”, so it should fit anywhere, but frunk might heat up and defeat the idea of keeping things cool!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D96FM73/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sorry, no pic, must use imagination for now.
Did you try the Bodega 50L in the frunk, does it fit? I’m looking for a portable fridge that will fit in the frunk

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Sur-Ron electric dirt bike to charge while eating lunch from the mini crockpot filled with Thai curry my wife made. Last week I did a full work day from a hospital parking lot, (Dad getting chemo) conference calls, webinars, online trades using the AT&T hotspot with the temp set at 70 degrees.

D57D8D6A-7904-4CB8-8FCA-1F5CEEFA0706.jpeg
Is there a matt screen protector on your screen? If so, do you recommend it?

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
My girlfriend an I had a nice picnic this past summer. We were in the shade under a tree but it was still, mighty hot. On our next picnic, I may plug in my air circulator. :D

Ford F-150 Lightning What are you plugging in to your On-Board Power outlets in your Lightning? d594c420-ed05-4c8f-9628-7ea692e137cc.2d0a917e6665830f52b211ca5992bfdc

Sponsored

Karlos

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 1999 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Retired CPA, active pilot
Wife & I are currently on a trip from DFW to Sault St Marie & have a 110v MiniFridge plugged into 110V in the back seat area & small Microwave in the bed (it blew circuit breaker in the back seat (only 15A apparently). Cooking some meals/snacks during charging sessions. No issues with road charging so far & for the next three days relying on the Hampton Inn Level 2 chargers out front.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Wife & I are currently on a trip from DFW to Sault St Marie & have a 110v MiniFridge plugged into 110V in the back seat area & small Microwave in the bed (it blew circuit breaker in the back seat (only 15A apparently). Cooking some meals/snacks during charging sessions. No issues with road charging so far & for the next three days relying on the Hampton Inn Level 2 chargers out front.
I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think all the 120 outlets are on the same 20A 2.4kW inverter. There are an additional two 3.6 kW inverters if you have the upgraded pro power. Do if you need to draw more than 20 combine A at 120 you’ll need to a L6-30 to 5-15/20 adapter/splitter.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I am wondering what to plug in at the next EV show. Thinking a microwave, with a corn popper inside, making popcorn?

Also a blender, just with water in it, maybe colored water. I'm not making drinks for the public.
Sponsored