• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is the average price for Sun run installed home integration system?

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I'm curious what the average price is for this. Not including any solar or additional batteries. Just straight pro charger install and HIS
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
So many variables, hard to say with limited base of actual installs from our forum members.

I was quoted ~$32K which included solar and and a 80' for trench from my house to the garage!!!!

Needless to say I did not go that route and did not chose to take advantage of the HIS or Solar.

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm going to put a Generac transfer switch with a few key loads and plug in to the bed - order of magnitude less cost IMO.

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
Donā€™t have a quote w/o panels bc they told me no difference in price. 8 panels, HIS, 70ft run for charger is about 18k installed for me. Still debating bc I need more panels and would like the charger installed. I donā€™t need the HIS but Iā€™ve asked 5x and they keep telling me itā€™s the same price.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Thanks guys. I'm asking because my friend ( electrician ) has been asked by another local lighting owner to install a system.

This is a straight install. No service upgrade or other items. I thought I saw that sunrun estimates were all over the place and I know there are a ton of variables but man are the expensive...

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Donā€™t have a quote w/o panels bc they told me no difference in price. 8 panels, HIS, 70ft run for charger is about 18k installed for me. Still debating bc I need more panels and would like the charger installed. I donā€™t need the HIS but Iā€™ve asked 5x and they keep telling me itā€™s the same price.
I had sunrun install a second system on my house. A friend of a friend is a salesman for them. I know I could have gotten the same system for half the price somewhere else. But I was lazy and just wanted it done.

They charge so much for their solar I can see why it would have been the same

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
I had sunrun install a second system on my house. A friend of a friend is a salesman for them. I know I could have gotten the same system for half the price somewhere else. But I was lazy and just wanted it done.

They charge so much for their solar I can see why it would have been the same
Did you buy it or go the PPA route?

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
Not sure in my area. I ordered the SunRun HIS and Ford Pro Charger. Iā€™ve had 4 electricians come by and gawk at it. 1 came by twice. Still lookingā€¦
Until then Iā€™ll add a 50amp breaker and use the 240 mobile charger. Will add to panel this weekend. Afterwards, I just Iā€™ll just add a plug and have a 20ā€™ NEMA extension cable. 6awg, 6/4, SOOW. FYI: 400A to house, 300A load.
@Thomas, any rec?
Ford F-150 Lightning What is the average price for Sun run installed home integration system? B18A86F8-84B9-46CE-ABDB-4A99FCC29E91

Last edited:

Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
SunRun has different pricing per region/state. They also have a price that assumes all ā€˜necessaryā€™ service, equipment, etc., is on sight, and that the equipment will be installed next to the panel (ie no material run of wire).

In TX, that base case was priced:

ā€¢ the equipment for the HIS is ~$4,000
ā€¢ the installation for the HIS is ~$3,050
ā€¢ the installation charge for the FCSP is $1,250
ā€¢ [the FCSP came ā€œfreeā€ with my truck]

For a total of $8,300, in the base case.

But in my case, I was also going to need ā€œon top of the $8,900 for the HIS and EV charger ā€¦ MPU (Main Panel Upgrade) and a Load Relocation on top of everything so that would be an additional $4764.ā€ (Quote from SunRun teenager rep.)

So, if your homeā€™s existing equipment etc isnā€™t exactly right, the price gets to $13,000 real fast. (And I didnā€™t need a service upgrade - god help you if you do.)

But thatā€™s all isnā€™t even the most expensive part. The most expensive part was the soul-destruction Iā€™d have incurred by having to deal with SunRunā€™s terrible business even one more day.

I didnā€™t go with HIS.

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
SunRun does not service my area. I have Regerts. Just run an RV extension power with outlets. Yep, a PITA, but until we get competent electricians that donā€™t say WTF.
After research, I can probably get licensed and just do myself.

Willebrew

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Pre-Order | Lightning Lariat ER Owner
Occupation
Software Developer & CEO - ADAS research and development for fun
I donā€™t recommend Sunrun. While I wasnā€™t planning to have them install the HIS (we rarely have power outages in Dallas), I wanted to use them as my charger installer, as Ford recommended them. I was very wrong. Sunrun gave me a reasonable quote for electrical upgrades, components, and labor, but then they ghosted me for around a month or two (this was before I took delivery of my Lightning) and when I reached out, the representative told me that they were getting a quote from a local installer, even though I had already signed an instillation agreement at the original price with them! At this point I started to feel like they didnā€™t even know what they were doing. By the time I had taken delivery of my Lightning, they were radio silent, so after a week of charging off of a 120v outlet, I emailed Sunrun telling them that I was canceling my installation, and my local electrician installed it a couple days later with no issues and for about the same price. Everything was great until Sunrun sent me a bill and said I had to pay it, until I called and told them to fix the issue. Iā€™m sure Sunrun is a good company for solar, but they were prepared for the Ford partnership and I would recommend avoiding them for installations.

Willebrew

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Pre-Order | Lightning Lariat ER Owner
Occupation
Software Developer & CEO - ADAS research and development for fun
I wouldnā€™t be so sure
I've come across numerous positive reviews of solar installation services and my interaction with my Sunrun representative was very professional. I had assumed that Sunrun is a reputable solar company based on this information, however, you may be correct. After my personal experience, I probably shouldn't be so sure.
Sponsored