• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What other EV do you own?

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Only EV I own is the Lightning, my other cars are a 2003 Mercury Marauder and a 1979 Lincoln Continental.

My mom got a Kia EV6 a couple months before I picked up my Lightning. She absolutely loves it and after having driven it several times, I'm quite impressed. It sure doesn't ride, drive or feel like your average Kia!
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
My wife drives a KIA EV6. We do not own an ICE vehicle! If we need to travel to an EVSE desert (Rio Grand Valley on a one-day trip), we rent an ICE.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
2022 Volvo xc40 recharge. That car is such a sleeper. My wife drives the xc40 EV mist if the time. I drive the lightning. She has not driven the truck and has no desire to not drive her little Volvo. We had a 2019 bolt prior to the xc 40. We liked that car, but once she drive the Volvo she wouldn't go back. We also have a 2016 xc90 phev with less than 37000 miles. It is averaging 55.6mpg, so you can see that most driving is electric. Now that we have the lightning the xc90 does not get a lot of use. It was great on our visit to the in laws in Ohio a couple weeks ago. The lightning is more efficient as an EV than the phev Volvo and it is quieter, faster..., so there isn't a lot of reason to daily drive the xc90.
One thing I should say is that my V90 is not for sale. 🤣

RST

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 35d, VW ID.4, '23' Lightning Pro, & 4 Bikes
Occupation
Retired
The wife drives a '21' VW ID.4

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
IONIQ 5 is my other EV. Previous rides include ID.4, Bolt EV, and e-Golf. Bought, drove, and sold those three EVs over 6.5 years at a net loss of $3,700 or the equivalent of a $47 per month car payment. Gotta love EVs.

Current and former gassers earn no mention in my post :D

Sponsored

daveross1212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tahoe Z71, 22 X5 45e, '22 F150L Lariat ER
2022 BMW X5 45e. We have been super happy with it - consistently handles a day's commute on pure battery, but also solves the long road trip problem (just burn gas). Right now 11k of the 16k miles are electric. No issues, super comfortable, tech is great. Received the full $7500 rebate too.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Our other EVs...
Mini Cooper SE
Harley Davidson Livewire

We also have a Volcon Brat as our e-bike runabout..

Powering it all, we've got a 16.8kw PV solar array on the roof.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I've got my '23 Lightning Lariat ER and I have a '21 Mustang Mach-E First Edition. I love them both in different ways, but I definitely prefer the ride of the Lightning.

jaykoolzboy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai Ioniq&Kona, Honda FCV
Occupation
IT Consultant
EV early adopter since 2014.

Past EVS
Nissan Leaf
BMW i3
Hyundai Ioniq
Hyundai Kona EV
Honda Clarity Fuel Cell x 2

Current EV

F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Tesla Model 3 LR

Coming soon
2024 Cadillac Lyriq AWD Luxury 2 (replace Model 3, not the biggest fan for Tesla other than the supercharging network) ETA Q3 2023

Maybe (already have deposits)

2024 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (the wagon) , no ETA delivery date yet (ordred on April 2022), we probably going to skip it due to continuous price hiking and delays.

Volvo EX90 , no ETA delivery date, will only buy it if it's under 80K with B&W Dolby Atmos premium speaker. 3 row SUV is always welcoming.

Hummer EV 3x . ETA end of 2024 from GM's email. It was cool and unique when it was first released, but more I see it , the less I am interest in it, will only buy it for future collector item purpose.

Silverado EV --- First 10 seconds reservation, however will only buy the WT trim if it's available and use it for work.

Not likely but with deposits

Fisker Ocean First edition ---- Probably going to skip it and have deposits back, in 2022 it's semi interesting, however in 2024 it's just another one of those.

RAM EV ------ Probably not going to keep it due to delivery time and date, probably going to sign the delivery with another pal of mine who's a big fan of it.

Cybertruck - it's fugly , probably going to skip it unless something revolutionary happens with this.

Sponsored
OP
OP

j150

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023 Lariat Extended Range.
I do have a 2009 Ranger too. So the one gas rig.
It is fully loaded with manual windows, AM/FM and air conditioner free.

It is so perfect for dump runs and yard work.

Mustang11s

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachEauto awd ER XLT Lightning ER
Occupation
Ford Senior Master Tech
First full EV was a 2020 Bolt LT. Sold it when I bought the Lightning. The wife has a 22 Mach E ER premium AWD. I also have a 17 F350 diesel. Non replaceable , pulls the 5th wheel.

TheJackel2013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I3.

it’s the perfect opposite of the Lightning. Whenever we go to a place where parking is tight, we take the i3, like to a nice restaurant downtown. We would otherwise be circling the block for half an hour looking for a place I can fit the Lightning.

Or a quick Costco run where people act like it’s the end times and the veneer of civilization is paper thin.

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
Currently we have the lightning (me) and an LFP Model 3 (wife). We did briefly have a fiat 500e that we bought to dip our toes into EVs. I loved that little thing. Great to run around town in and park anywhere. The range was frankly terrible but even so it convinced my wife to sell the fiat and her wrangler to get a Model 3. Fun fact I bought the 500e for $5k in late 2020 and then sold it for $10k in early 2022 as gas prices were going to the moon. That helps me feel less bad about buying the Model 3 just under the peak of its pricing.

Lots of EVs in my immediate family though. Parents have an early model 3, sister has a bolt EUV, one brother has a volt, and the other brother has an Audi Etron GT RS.
Sponsored