• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What's Your 2024 Lightning Order Status?

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, shopping for 2024 Flash
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone seen any updates on the headlight issue? Have deliveries started?
Automotive News has a paywalled article dated April 16, 2024 "Ford resumes shipping 2024 F-150 Lightning to dealers after 2-month delay"

media/ford.com published this notice: "DEARBORN, Mich., April 16, 2024: Online orders are open for the 2024 Ford F-150® Lightning® trucks, now shipping from the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center"

InsideEVs has reported that the shipping hold was/is due to an "undisclosed" problem. However they did report April 21 showing a police video of what they called the battery fire that caused Ford to halt production until March 13.

I asked a local dealer about the 7 or so 2024 Flash vehicles he was advertising on his website as for sale. He said the best he can find out about them all, from Ford, is that they have all been built but they are all sitting in Dearborn, some since January, subject to a "quality assurance" hold.
Sponsored

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
The only link I've found is on a Kansas dealer's site: Custom Order Your 2024 Ford F-150 Lightning

For the 2024 Flash, it starts with the new base price of $67,995. I don't know if it actually results in an order sent to Ford though.
That will just get you in touch with a salesman. You need to watch his latest video on how to buy a 2024 Lightning. It's changed in that Ford is building the vehicles but not shipping to a dealer until it is sold. Every dealer in an area will be showing the same trucks on the Build and Buy site. Dealers may also have some leftover stock orders but they have not been able to place new orders for stock or customers for months now. For now, it has to be the pre-built configurations on the Build and Buy site.

The good news is that the same vehicle is available from multiple dealers so maybe you can negotiate with them.

Last edited:

tmulcahy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash ER (March 2024)
Ordered a Flash December 14th. Produced March 8th. Still shows as "in production" which I take as it's sitting in a lot for whatever quality issue they need to correct and then delivery scheduling.

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
You need to watch his latest video on how to buy a 2024 Lightning. It's changed in that Ford is building the vehicles but not shipping to a dealer until it is sold. Every dealer in an area will be showing the same trucks on the Build and Buy site. Dealers may also have some leftover stock orders but they have not been able to place new orders for stock or customers for months now. For now, it has to be the pre-built configurations on the Build and Buy site.

The good news is that the same vehicle is available from multiple dealers so maybe you can negotiate with them.
A dealer I've been talking to claims there's nothing that can be done in the way of getting one of the many 2024 Flash vehicles he has ordered long ago. His best info, he says, is that they've all been built and they are all sitting in Dearborn because of Ford's "quality assurance" hold. He'll take a deposit to reserve a particular one and sell it to me when he receives it, but he says he has no idea and can not find out when that will be.

What you are describing is different. Are you saying I can choose from a number of 2024 Flash vehicles that are sitting in Dearborn and tell Ford or a dealer I'll buy it, and that will cause Ford to ship it?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
What you are describing is different. Are you saying I can choose from a number of 2024 Flash vehicles that are sitting in Dearborn and tell Ford or a dealer I'll buy it, and that will cause Ford to ship it?
Yes, this is the new distribution model.....

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Yes, that appears to be the model but I haven't heard anyone say they have used it. Make sure you "build" one that shows availability soon. When I looked, some were available in 3-4 weeks while others were August. I suspect the 3-4 week ones are built but they need time to ship it and prep it at the dealer. When added to the online cart I think you can then see its window sticker for those in production or built.

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes, this is the new distribution model.....
A while ago I went to this webpage: "Find your 2024 Ford F-150 Lightning". I was informed that a lot of vehicles exactly like what I was looking for would or could be available from a number of local dealers. One dealer that supposedly had or would have some of these arriving in 3-4 weeks was 9 miles away from me.

I emailed a salesman I had met there. He had no idea about vehicles like this arriving in 3-4 weeks. He sent me a list of the six vehicles he did have on order, but none of them were what I had specified on the website.

I phoned Ford. I asked: What's with this "Find your 2024 Ford F-150 Lightning" webpage? The last and supposedly most informed Ford rep I talked to had not used the website. Following my instructions, she selected the Flash model and options I was looking for on her computer, and she was able to produce the same list of vehicles I did, that were supposedly slated to arrive at local dealers in a few weeks. I told her the dealer knows nothing about these vehicles. She said this Ford website probably is not reliable. Your dealer is the authority who will tell you what they have on order.

I returned to the "Find your 2024 Ford F-150 Lightning" website just now. This time I put a few of the vehicles I selected into my "cart". I was then able to click on "view window sticker". In both cases, I got a message: "The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle."

Does this sound like the "new distribution model" you mentioned? I'm wondering what happens if I actually put a deposit down and place an order...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Jim Farley, you need to shut down the toll-free lines and HUDLE these folks ASAP for remedial training on the new policies .... this lack of education on your front-line sales staff is embarrassing (corporate & dealers inclusive)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Does this sound like the "new distribution model" you mentioned? I'm wondering what happens if I actually put a deposit down and place an order...

It will PULL the vehicle you're interested in from the {Regional pool}; it's actually a SPEC build of a nearby dealership .... who does not have "exclusive" rights to the inventory once you commit to the vehicle through your preferred dealership, the new method is a hybrid of factory to dealer order routing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Malibu, California / Fancher Heights, Washington
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro ER - 2023 MME ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
That Spokane dealer's base price MSRP of $69,995 (that is shown on the window sticker he has posted online) is the MSRP when that dealer ordered it. Ford raised the MSRP, then lowered it since then.

Ford announced an MSRP of $67,995 for the base model 2024 Flash in early April 2024.

A dealer I'm talking to about a somewhat similar vehicle (built in January, not shipped as it is subject to a "quality assurance hold") has said they'll honor the new Ford base price of $67,995 if I put a deposit down now.

Perhaps, since the Spokane dealer already has the vehicle on his lot, he had to pay Ford whatever the old dealer price is.

I don't know if its likely that a dealer will sell a 2024 for less than the MSRP, but I'm not paying more than the MSRP given the backlog of 2023s sitting on dealer lots and all the 2024s that have sat in Dearborn for months that Ford must be shipping soon.
Buyers' market regardless of Ford misinformation.