• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
I received a railcar number from Ford chat this morning. I called the automated line and the latest update for my railcar was from August 11th and it’s in Alberta. Frustrating.
At least you got something! Talked to them twice this morning and they have no clue where it is. Last update was Ramp 58 on 09/11
Sponsored

FordEVTruck

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER Carbonized Grey Max Tow
Occupation
Retired Attorney; Teacher
started a chat with ford to get railcar # and I’m 80 in queue! That’s the highest I’ve ever seen
Go to the Canadian chat site. Zero wait! (y)

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
Go to the Canadian chat site. Zero wait! (y)
That’s good to know. Got my railcar number but for now the update is stale. Hoping that’s my last need to chat with anyone from ford dot com 🤞

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
Just talked to Ford this morning. Verified that there were no updates at all even though that is what chat had told me. Last update was still 9/10, in production at Ramp 59 (Next to Dearborn plant), Microchip hold. No reason as to why the hold is so much longer than most everyone else. Did mention that I should try to find out who the Ford Regional Manager is to see if they could provide any information. Anyone have any idea how to find out who the Ford Regional Manager is with contact info?
I am sure you could pester someone at your dealership to get that information

Sponsored

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
The vehicle has been built and is being transported from the plant to the Dealership. Your vehicle shipped Rail - Railcar # TTGX705588 (Canadian National Railways ) Ramp 51, Flat Rock, MI. Your estimated delivery date is Oct-05-2022. Your most recent update was on Sep-15-2022, 15:55 ET.

Called UP tracking and not much into available. I gather that is normal. Lol

Last edited:

Weather Dawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER w/Tow; 2017 BMW X3
Is it the 8/15 build week where things came off the rails for Ford? Sort of appears that way.
Yes, it seemed that on blend dates halfway through the week there was a longer pause. Looks like it started right around 8/17 if you look at @TaxmanHog's data

spinnerbait

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4
The vehicle has been built and is being transported from the plant to the Dealership. Your vehicle shipped Rail - Railcar # TTGX705588 (Canadian National Railways ) Ramp 51, Flat Rock, MI. Your estimated delivery date is Oct-05-2022. Your most recent update was on Sep-15-2022, 15:55 ET.

Called UP tracking and not much into available. I gather that is normal. Lol
My guess is that CNR take it to Riverdale, IL (mine is there right now) where it gets transferred to UP. From there my guess is St. Louis, Denver, SLC, Sac. We'll see about that. Given that your ETA is 2 days before mine (I am in the Bay Area) we might be on the same train west.

That's how I keep myself entertained while I wait for the truck to move.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Definitely on different rail cars but most likely on same train. I haven't seen one rail car with same number

My guess is that CNR take it to Riverdale, IL (mine is there right now) where it gets transferred to UP. From there my guess is St. Louis, Denver, SLC, Sac. We'll see about that. Given that your ETA is 2 days before mine (I am in the Bay Area) we might be on the same train west.

That's how I keep myself entertained while I wait for the truck to move.

Sponsored

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
Moved again - was 9/14 till 9/20 and now 09/20/2022 & 09/26/2022 :(

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Definitely on different rail cars but most likely on same train. I haven't seen one rail car with same number
Picked up my lightning today. Thank you everyone for supporting each others and sharing info here in this forum.

20220919_163955.jpg
Congratulations.. That Star White is looking good. How is it in person compared to the photos?

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Yes, it seemed that on blend dates halfway through the week there was a longer pause. Looks like it started right around 8/17 if you look at @TaxmanHog's data
Yep. That was me… for some reason when I was next in line the cadence (blend to popped mods) seemed to slow down. However my assembly line birth photo meta data shows 8/29 was when the photo was take so that didnt seem to bad. I’ve been more disappointed in the “snail rail” shipping process than anything.

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e
For anyone tracking their railcar to California through UP automated trace system that talks in code lol, here is my latest updates:

(9/18) Loaded departure 9/17: 11:48am
(9/18) Scheduled setout 9/19: 6:49am
(9/19) Loaded departure 9/19: 931am
(9/19) Scheduled setout 9/19: 7:16pm
(9/19) Loaded Hold Awaiting Placement 9/19: 4:15 pm
(9/20) Loaded Actual Placement 9/20: 12:04am

Another site gave me this info for actual placement:

Actual placement or AP is when the railcar is placed or spotted on the customer’s property.

I'm hoping this means the truck is somewhere in California and is awaiting a final convoy ride to my dealership. I gave the Ford Pass another activation shot before it went into the scheduled setout hoping whoever loads it onto the truck approves it and I can watch it move closer to delivered :)

Another theory I have is that since UP trace isn't producing any ramp parking information, such as locations it's passed or where it currently is that explains why Ford Chat keeps telling me that I'm in West Chicago since 9/10 since they're also not getting an updated location either and maybe their primary status only gives updates that include physical locations... or something like that lol
Sponsored

Last edited: