• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
I got the front windows tinted today. Makes my eyes happy as they're light sensitive.

On previous days, I put on reflective US Flag "F - 150" on the tailgate (my first addition to the truck). Saturday I wired in the Ford LED oval to the grille (that was fun....NOT!), and a week and a half or so ago I put on some LED Reverse Lights that work quite well.

Waiting on getting the tonneau cover - pretty sure I picked it out, but there are a lot of options.

In November it'll be studded snow tire time.
Sponsored

AT193

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning - Lariat SR - Antimatter Blue
I got the front windows tinted today. Makes my eyes happy as they're light sensitive.

On previous days, I put on reflective US Flag "F - 150" on the tailgate (my first addition to the truck). Saturday I wired in the Ford LED oval to the grille (that was fun....NOT!), and a week and a half or so ago I put on some LED Reverse Lights that work quite well.

Waiting on getting the tonneau cover - pretty sure I picked it out, but there are a lot of options.

Was thinking about doing the light up emblem as well, do you have a link to the one you used? What made the swap out so bad? Getting power to it?

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech

Do you have links for the flag lettering or pics?

Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh yes. After a chipmunk got locked in my garage last week and chewed through the Ford charging cable I had to purchase a new charger so I installed the GRIZZL-E and my precious baby is charging up nicely as I type this.

Been a busy day.

Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Oh yes. After a chipmunk got locked in my garage last week and chewed through the Ford charging cable I had to purchase a new charger so I installed the GRIZZL-E and my precious baby is charging up nicely as I type this.

Been a busy day.
Ugh. I had squirrel problems with hydraulics on my bucket truck... little SOB's.

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was thinking about doing the light up emblem as well, do you have a link to the one you used? What made the swap out so bad? Getting power to it?
This is the emblem I purchased. Ford part. I'll try to get pictures for it when I can. Get one in the daytime, and maybe tonight after it's dark if I remember. My gut says that no matter where one buys the emblem, they'll have to do the same thing to get it to work if they don't have the 10-pin "T" connector to just plug and play.

Much of it was figuring out where things were. What needed to be taken off. There is just so little information out there on the Lightning. So I used a Putco video on YouTube to figure out how to guide it a bit. I honestly removed a few things that weren't needed just figuring stuff out. But everything came off easily with an 8mm, 10mm, and 13mm socket wrench. Also need a set of plastic trim tools you can get on Amazon or other places

Had to unscrew a bunch nuts, pop all those little plastic part holder tabs off, unscrew the LED light bar in front, then fish the wire up behind it, and run it along the washer fluid hose (who knew the Ford emblem had its own washer fluid nozzle? Aren't we just getting fancy?) then figure out which fuse to piggy back into. I am done splicing into wires, such a pain in the arse.

The part is made for 2015+ but the "T" wire adapter that comes with it is a 12-pin connector, whereas the Lightning's LED bar has a 10-pin connector. That's why I had to finish it the way I did. Looks nice, but the only fuse I could find makes the emblem stay lit for about 12 minutes (yes I timed it.....I need to get a life) after the truck is shut off. It's a bit weird to see it on, but not bad. The part also comes with a wiring option to fuse buddy the light and that is what I did. I grounded the wire to a big 13mm bolt on a metal stud on the steel hood lift support - it was the easiest thing I could find that wasn't aluminum and would ground better. I'm an intermediate DIY guy. Took a me a few hours of diddling around to figure things out, but if it's something you want to do it's not that hard. I whacked my head on the hood a few times and said some bad words because I'm 5'6" and needed to pull the hood down to reach things.

My apologies for the long-windedness but I figure I'd let you know the scoop. If you can find a 10-pin relay like the one that comes in the kit (but is a 12-pin) it would go in like butter.

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Iced Blue Silver
This is the emblem I purchased. Ford part. I'll try to get pictures for it when I can. Get one in the daytime, and maybe tonight after it's dark if I remember. My gut says that no matter where one buys the emblem, they'll have to do the same thing to get it to work if they don't have the 10-pin "T" connector to just plug and play.

Much of it was figuring out where things were. What needed to be taken off. There is just so little information out there on the Lightning. So I used a Putco video on YouTube to figure out how to guide it a bit. I honestly removed a few things that weren't needed just figuring stuff out. But everything came off easily with an 8mm, 10mm, and 13mm socket wrench. Also need a set of plastic trim tools you can get on Amazon or other places

Had to unscrew a bunch nuts, pop all those little plastic part holder tabs off, unscrew the LED light bar in front, then fish the wire up behind it, and run it along the washer fluid hose (who knew the Ford emblem had its own washer fluid nozzle? Aren't we just getting fancy?) then figure out which fuse to piggy back into. I am done splicing into wires, such a pain in the arse.

The part is made for 2015+ but the "T" wire adapter that comes with it is a 12-pin connector, whereas the Lightning's LED bar has a 10-pin connector. That's why I had to finish it the way I did. Looks nice, but the only fuse I could find makes the emblem stay lit for about 12 minutes (yes I timed it.....I need to get a life) after the truck is shut off. It's a bit weird to see it on, but not bad. The part also comes with a wiring option to fuse buddy the light and that is what I did. I grounded the wire to a big 13mm bolt on a metal stud on the steel hood lift support - it was the easiest thing I could find that wasn't aluminum and would ground better. I'm an intermediate DIY guy. Took a me a few hours of diddling around to figure things out, but if it's something you want to do it's not that hard. I whacked my head on the hood a few times and said some bad words because I'm 5'6" and needed to pull the hood down to reach things.

My apologies for the long-windedness but I figure I'd let you know the scoop. If you can find a 10-pin relay like the one that comes in the kit (but is a 12-pin) it would go in like butter.
Seems like this would be a sweet mod and hopefully someone comes out with an aftermarket adapter to prevent all that extra work.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I think that's to clean the camera that's up front, no?
Sponsored