• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Do you have a picture how you made the 12/10 pin work or what fuse you used? I'm ordering mine today.
The thing comes with a long wire set that plugs into the fuse box and you put the fuses into that, and run it up the hood and plug that into the wires on the back of the emblem. I didn't have to jerry rig anything. The instruction book that comes with it is for the ICE versions of the F-150, so I hat to use that YouTube video I linked to before to get the idea.

As for the fuse 181 in the fusebox under the hood. The fusebox layout is on pages 428-431. They even have two fuses in the kit to use as well.

It would have been easier if they had Lightning variant for the emblem with a 10-pin connector, but mine works. I did need about 10-12 small zip ties to secure the wires to the washer fluid hose so there would be less chaffing and such.
Sponsored

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Iced Blue Silver
The thing comes with a long wire set that plugs into the fuse box and you put the fuses into that, and run it up the hood and plug that into the wires on the back of the emblem. I didn't have to jerry rig anything. The instruction book that comes with it is for the ICE versions of the F-150, so I hat to use that YouTube video I linked to before to get the idea.

As for the fuse 181 in the fusebox under the hood. The fusebox layout is on pages 428-431. They even have two fuses in the kit to use as well.

It would have been easier if they had Lightning variant for the emblem with a 10-pin connector, but mine works. I did need about 10-12 small zip ties to secure the wires to the washer fluid hose so there would be less chaffing and such.
So everything came with it other than zip ties and the pop up tool? Meaning I don't have to buy an Add A Fuse from Amazon or anything?

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So everything came with it other than zip ties and the pop up tool? Meaning I don't have to buy an Add A Fuse from Amazon or anything?
You are correct. I was astonished that I didn't need to go pilfering through my junk drawers.

Oh.....you will need metal hanger or one of those magnetic telescoping reachers (the ones you use to get dropped nuts and bolts) to fish the wires up through the channel behind the crossbar light and under the hood. Just remembered.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
You are correct. I was astonished that I didn't need to go pilfering through my junk drawers.

Oh.....you will need metal hanger or one of those magnetic telescoping reachers (the ones you use to get dropped nuts and bolts) to fish the wires up through the channel behind the crossbar light and under the hood. Just remembered.
Did you have to remove the whole grill or light bar, or does the emblem just pop off?

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you have to remove the whole grill or light bar, or does the emblem just pop off?
So I had to remove the grille (couple of bolts and 8-10 of those little plastic poppers.) Then I had to remove the light bar (very easily done with 9 bolts and 1 oddly placed plastic popper).

On the back side of the plastic grille there are three nuts holding the emblem on, need a wrench or a deep socket to remove them, then the emblem pops right out. You have to remove the couplings for the wires and the washer hose. The Ford emblem has a small rectangular piece that you need to pop off (need a small flat head screwdriver.)

Which reminds me, you need a Torx bit to take off the last bracket on the backside of the emblem and put that same bracket onto the back side of the new emblem (it holds the camera and washer fluid hose.)

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
So I had to remove the grille (couple of bolts and 8-10 of those little plastic poppers.) Then I had to remove the light bar (very easily done with 9 bolts and 1 oddly placed plastic popper).

On the back side of the plastic grille there are three nuts holding the emblem on, need a wrench or a deep socket to remove them, then the emblem pops right out. You have to remove the couplings for the wires and the washer hose. The Ford emblem has a small rectangular piece that you need to pop off (need a small flat head screwdriver.)

Which reminds me, you need a Torx bit to take off the last bracket on the backside of the emblem and put that same bracket onto the back side of the new emblem (it holds the camera and washer fluid hose.)
I think I'll have this install when my partner is out of town to avoid a freak-out about taking apart our new truck.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired

I'm struggling a bit with whether to add one of these and the under-tailgate light bar and the LED downlight strip under the running boards that I have on my '21 Powerboost. Seems like these would have minimal draw, but range is EVERYTHING with an EV, and adding any sort of electrical draw for aesthetics only seems a bit counterproductive. But still tempted.

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_0297

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm struggling a bit with whether to add one of these and the under-tailgate light bar and the LED downlight strip under the running boards that I have on my '21 Powerboost. Seems like these would have minimal draw, but range is EVERYTHING with an EV, and adding any sort of electrical draw for aesthetics only seems a bit counterproductive. But still tempted.

IMG_0297.jpeg
I don't disagree. I like the tailgate bars but I rarely see one that is intact and functional without half of the bulbs burnt out, so I won't put one on for that reason.

An LED shouldn't draw much at all. They make halogen version that should draw quite a bit. I don't see myself doing any more electrical stuff though.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think I'll have this install when my partner is out of town to avoid a freak-out about taking apart our new truck.
HAHAHA. As I always said, "it's easier to ask forgiveness than it is for permission."

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I don't disagree. I like the tailgate bars but I rarely see one that is intact and functional without half of the bulbs burnt out, so I won't put one on for that reason.

An LED shouldn't draw much at all. They make halogen version that should draw quite a bit. I don't see myself doing any more electrical stuff though.
The newer ones don't have bulbs - just continual line led strip - and they change color to amber for turn signal and bright white for backup lights - The one on my '21 PB goes bright white for backing up - lights up the whole area behind the truck, way brighter than backup lights.

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
The newer ones don't have bulbs - just continual line led strip - and they change color to amber for turn signal and bright white for backup lights - The one on my '21 PB goes bright white for backing up - lights up the whole area behind the truck, way brighter than backup lights.
What brand/manufacturer are you using on your ‘21?

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Let us know if you go with light bar. Careful reading for the one I was considering said not to install it if you have trailer assist and BLIS.

That's if tapping into the trailer wiring, makes it think a trailer is attached.
Yeah, there was an issue with that, my installer had to work with Putco engineering to isolate the light blade, I think it involved extra wiring and resistors, not real clear, but it works and BLIS is okay. But now that you remind me, I'll probably not do it again on the Lightning.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fair enough. I put in the LED backup lights and those tie directly into the zone lighting. I'm pretty good on rear lighting.
Sponsored