• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I did today. The total was $59,974. Have any idea what the next steps are?
Thanks for the intel - sounds like that’s the ticket for me. I think as long as your order is accepted by the dealer you should be set.

I really want the extended range and paying $53k after tax credit for a Pro ER sounds way better than $81k for the XLT ER w/o credit. Hard to believe I’d have to spend $28,000 for power cloth seats, power tail gate, and a few lights.
Sponsored

Dcoy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yeah. Good call. The order was put in under a fleet number at the dealer. My personal reservation is still sitting at the reservation stage.
I drove an XLT standard range the other day and it was good experience. I missed the leather seats but it was a solid truck for sure.

Thanks for the intel - sounds like that’s the ticket for me. I think as long as your order is accepted by the dealer you should be set.

I really want the extended range and paying $53k after tax credit for a Pro ER sounds way better than $81k for the XLT ER w/o credit. Hard to believe I’d have to spend $28,000 for power cloth seats, power tail gate, and a few lights.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Looks like I'm one of the few that opted for the Stone Gray. 9.6kW & tow, will get a third-party charger and bed sprayed myself.

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Looks like I'm one of the few that opted for the Stone Gray. 9.6kW & tow, will get a third-party charger and bed sprayed myself.
Nope....I'm doing XLT SR/Stone Gray/Pro Power/Tow......I do bed spraying/paint protection myself.

Wife wants the Stone Gray and we have 2 silver jeeps and a white dually so needed something different...I'm thinking some bronze on Methods or Fuels might look sweet.
Cheers

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Glad I'm not the only one. Originally had built mine as Carbonized Gray but after seeing it on a few other Ford models it didn't look nearly as good in person as it did in the renders. Crazy how limited the palette for these trucks was for '23. Just glad they added another neutral color that wouldn't show dirt as well. I know it's not standard but was really hoping for a dark brown like Chevy's Oxford.

Sponsored

Boltupfan

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 focus EV, 2020 Durango RT
Occupation
Insurance
I’ve been hearing some chatter about the possibility that the projected delivery date of autumn ‘23 for the new lightning pro orders might have been a typo or maybe it’s an over conservative estimate to avoid over promising but likely early orders will get their 2023 model pro sooner. Any people with the new wave one order offer still haven’t ordered that can confirm if the order site still says delivery in autumn of 2023 for the pro model?

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Anybody else's dealer rush to do a COVP (Customer Order Verification Process) yesterday? They told me it was "due today" (as in yesterday), so I'm speculating that Ford pushed dealers to do these "binding agreements" to lock in the tax credit, just in case.

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
what is the COVP ?

I summited my order and a few hours later the dealer confirmed my order by phone also said they are not doing markups

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
what is the COVP ?

I summited my order and a few hours later the dealer confirmed my order by phone also said they are not doing markups
They sent me a complete cost breakdown, required drivers license and insurance, and a did a docusign on the cost breakdown.

Sponsored

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
what is the COVP ?

Same here with my dealer (Watsonville Ford)

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Same for me. Granger did the COVP yesterday. It sounds like normal procedure to confirm you are who you claim and that you match the reservation.
I'm at Granger, too. haha

The person that contacted me said "It's due today" which lead me to believe there may be some reason for the rush, like the new bill being signed today. Otherwise, it seems like it wouldn't be a big deal to sign the COVP, say, today or tomorrow, considering the supposed "Autumn 2023" timeline.

Maybe I'm wrong and it's all SOP and the deadline was there for some other reason, but the "due today" thing made me think there was a pressing reason for the deadline.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Maybe I'm wrong and it's all SOP and the deadline was there for some other reason, but the "due today" thing made me think there was a pressing reason for the deadline.
I would think someone at the dealership of Ford corporate is over-reacting to poor interpretation of the intents of the IRA law.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I would think someone at the dealership of Ford corporate is over-reacting to poor interpretation of the intents of the IRA law.
There are certainly a lot of opinions out there about the effects of the law!
Sponsored