• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
"sit down with a salesman. It’ll be harder for them to blow you off."
I'm thinking they can fib over the phone or to your face with equal ability.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Mysteriously, 10 minutes prior to arriving to meet with GM/SM, my order was ACCEPTED BY THE DEALER, before we had a chance to talk turkey about the markup and other fees, they were surprised that it had been updated to accepted as well, not sure how that happened, but allegedly only the SM has access to do this, no one else in the dealership has permissions, funny business..... my guess is someone accidently clicked accept while reviewing the proposed order before I got there.

I don't know if this permanently locks the order to them or if the opportunity to DECLINE or REJECT is gone now, the details screen I got still lists 0.00 markup, who knows if that can still be changed to a higher value now, I'd love to see it stuck at zero.....

The face to face meeting with the dealer was productive, but we have not reached the point of a signed Purchase Agreement, original salesman is out of the picture, I spent an hour talking to the sales manager about the issues of to date.

We continued the conversation about what they were asking, initially $10k was considered, but decided that $5k would be a better starting point, but they were open to lower values possibly as low as $2500.

I mentioned the regional competition, he felt, they were worthy of the 2k considering the close proximity of them and me, versus travel if I ever needed services in the future (tires & brakes can be done just about anywhere IMHO), but specialized services like powertrain and electronics are another story, maybe some merit though the entire Ford EV certified dealership network can honor our needs near or far.

Met, new salesman who will punch up the Purchase agreement, Thursday morning, emailed to me for review and digital signature or we meet to ink it, copy of DL is secured, so they are ready to load it to the system to get final approval by ROVP, apparently that step only takes 30-60 minutes after the upload. That is when the FORD SYSTEM mail generates to the customer that the ORDER is fully accepted and moved the the pre-scheduling que where we all wait for a build schedule date.

So here I am almost 7 days after wave-3 to finalize a fair deal.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
on the topic of the order process- I remember seeing something recommending visiting the dealership and signing something in person. I submitted my wave 3 order online, paid the dealership deposit, and my Ford.com order page now says "Order accepted by Dealer" and below that is "Scheduled for production" Order accepted is green, and obviously scheduled is not green/checked. Is there anything else I need to do now or do I just wait for them to start building in March/April?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
on the topic of the order process- I remember seeing something recommending visiting the dealership and signing something in person. I submitted my wave 3 order online, paid the dealership deposit, and my Ford.com order page now says "Order accepted by Dealer" and below that is "Scheduled for production" Order accepted is green, and obviously scheduled is not green/checked. Is there anything else I need to do now or do I just wait for them to start building in March/April?
If you have a green check mark where I have yellow highlight, then you're all set and now waiting for a production date. Correction, after reviewing a bunch of forums and FB Lightning fan pages, the blue 2 Place Order In Progress is normal

Mine is waiting for ROVP [retail order verification program] so I have not gotten the next email concerning the order being accepted by the dealer (does that actually happen?)

Ford F-150 Lightning ? 3rd Wave (2/3/22) Lightning Ordering Now Open! 1644490111709

Last edited:

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
I asked my dealer if I had to sign a buyers order and they said my name and email is attached to the order submitted through Ford and nothing else was needed. No Mark up, No dealer fee, no dealer added accessories.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
When my dealer submits the Purchase agreement and drivers license and it passes muster, step 2 will go green
My dealer tells me the order has been submitted but the "place order in progress" graphic is still blue. Is anyone else from wave 3 seeing a green check for that second step?

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
My dealer tells me the order has been submitted but the "place order in progress" graphic is still blue. Is anyone else from wave 3 seeing a green check for that second step?
Ford F-150 Lightning ? 3rd Wave (2/3/22) Lightning Ordering Now Open! Screenshot_20220210-084453_Chrome

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler
I ordered in Wave 2. Dealer accepted minutes after I submitted. Got the confirmation email from Ford.

On ford.com, my order shows the number 2 "Place Order" as "In Progress" and blue.

I do have green check marks below on "Order Sent to Dealer" and "Order Accepted by Dealer".

Per my dealer there's nothing left to do. Now just waiting on it to be scheduled.

My dealer said no need to come in and sign anything. Seems like some dealers want a copy of the DL and a signature and others do not.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
"sit down with a salesman. It’ll be harder for them to blow you off."
I'm thinking they can fib over the phone or to your face with equal ability.
Of course they can but it will be less likely if you are there in person.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The Sales manager discretely showed me another customers order and the ROVP approval he got after about 30 minutes time in review by corporate.

It's possible the turn around time can vary according to hourly work load, but they are supposed to get that or they might receive a rejection due to missing document or non-match of customer details to the web order, the SM has to fix the defects and resubmit.

Let's hope that it updates shortly

OTOH

I might have it wrong regarding the steps listed at the top of the order tracking page, maybe someone in wave-1 or 2 could chime in if they have the same view as I have even though the order has progressed and aged much longer than ours in wave 3

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
thanks everyone, mine is similar, the top bar is blue on step two and the order status has two green check marks under it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
updated my post 228, apparently the step 2 blue is normal while we wait for scheduling for production, etc......

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Build order finally submitted to ROVP Friday evening, only took 8 days to get this step done!

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Build order finally submitted to ROVP Friday evening, only took 8 days to get this step done!
Is ROVP only used for online orders? Did an order through the dealership who did not collect a copy of my DL. Have an email from Ford stating that my order had been placed by my dealer and confirmed by Ford. That email also states that I will receive emails when it is scheduled, produced and shipped.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Is ROVP only used for online orders? Did an order through the dealership who did not collect a copy of my DL. Have an email from Ford stating that my order had been placed by my dealer and confirmed by Ford. That email also states that I will receive emails when it is scheduled, produced and shipped.
This is what the sales manager told me, all orders coming in via WEB need further validation to ensure the actual WEB customer is indeed an actual customer and not a straw buyer. generally it takes 30-60 minutes for the Corporate review and approval, once done the order moves forward to the scheduling hold que.

I'm curious if another email triggers to me from the WEB ordering system to indicate that my order is approved, and then subsequent email notifications when production scheduling and vin assignment occur, actual production, transportation from the factory and ready for delivery stages are reached.

I think we will all hear more after 3/31 when the wave ordering closes.
Sponsored