• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone been contacted for SunRun Installation ?

F150_Xpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Sprinter,R1250 GSA, Husky TPI, KTM 790
6/6 Build date.

SunRun called me yesterday and we set up an appt for Monday 5/9.

I already have solar and an EV charger. Will be interested to see what that have to say.
Sponsored

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
Signed their agreement almost two weeks ago. Spoke with their local contractor today. Blend date of 5/12. Getting closer!

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
Bump.
Has anyone been contacted and scheduled for installation through SunRun? I was waiting for a call from SunRun and am interested if anyone is actually getting called?
Yes today. My blend date is 5/12. First person I spoke to was confirming information and then I was transferred to sales person. I am not having sun run install my pro charger so I was just interested in a solar quote.

The sales rep “Emma” told me SunRun is not shipping the chargers. The rep said she has heard the charger will be shipped two weeks before delivery to the address on file.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Bump.
Has anyone been contacted and scheduled for installation through SunRun? I was waiting for a call from SunRun and am interested if anyone is actually getting called?
No, but I do not think that Sun Run provides service in Virginia.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
5/23 build week and they contacted me this week...cut them off quick saying I have no South facing roof, have a 100 A line already installed (not true), and a qualified electrician ready to install the EVSE once I receive it (also not true, it goes on eBay as soon as I have it in my hands). My plan is to have an electrician tell me what I can get from my panel, and install two WallBox EVSE with load sharing to handle my Lightning and whatever EV my wife decides on.

Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
5/23 build week and they contacted me this week...cut them off quick saying I have no South facing roof, have a 100 A line already installed (not true), and a qualified electrician ready to install the EVSE once I receive it (also not true, it goes on eBay as soon as I have it in my hands). My plan is to have an electrician tell me what I can get from my panel, and install two WallBox EVSE with load sharing to handle my Lightning and whatever EV my wife decides on.
Did they tell you when you’ll get the charger from them/Ford?

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T
Did they tell you when you’ll get the charger from them/Ford?
Sun Run told me if they're not doing the install, then the charger will be shipped 5 days after I receive the truck. :oops:

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sun Run told me if they're not doing the install, then the charger will be shipped 5 days after I receive the truck. :oops:
That stinks. Wonderful start to the owner experience. Now folks who cannot or do not want to use Sun Run have to wait who knows how long for the charger just so the install can be scheduled. Would be nice if the charger could at least be shipped with the truck since not everyone has convenient access to free public level 2 charging.

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
That stinks. Wonderful start to the owner experience. Now folks who cannot or do not want to use Sun Run have to wait who knows how long for the charger just so the install can be scheduled. Would be nice if the charger could at least be shipped with the truck since not everyone has convenient access to free public level 2 charging.
They'd still have the mobile charger for Level 2 on 240 V.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They'd still have the mobile charger for Level 2 on 240 V.
But if the circuit for the charge station has been installed, then you may not be able to install an outlet for the mobile charger. That is the situation at my house. With the dedicated circuit for the charge station pro, I have no space left for an additional circuit. This is because I have used 198 amps of the 200 amp service in my house.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
But if the circuit for the charge station has been installed, then you may not be able to install an outlet for the mobile charger. That is the situation at my house. With the dedicated circuit for the charge station pro, I have no space left for an additional circuit. This is because I have used 198 amps of the 200 amp service in my house.
That isn't how it works. If you are not drawing 80 amps for the fcsp, then it is not taking away from your 200 amp capacity. You may run out of spaces in your load center, but if you have capacity for an 80 amp draw, then you have capacity for 40amps. Don't use both at the same time once you get the fcsp.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Yes today. My blend date is 5/12. First person I spoke to was confirming information and then I was transferred to sales person. I am not having sun run install my pro charger so I was just interested in a solar quote.

The sales rep “Emma” told me SunRun is not shipping the chargers. The rep said she has heard the charger will be shipped two weeks before delivery to the address on file.
I’m not an electrician but have houses wired top to bottom. Nec allows for more total amps in breakers than total service. The reality is, in residential that you don’t have everything turned on at once. your other option is to down size the breaker (buy a smaller amp breaker) and temp wire it for the mobile charger that will come with the truck.

’I agree Ford screwed the pooch having us wait for x days after truck is purchased to receive pro charger. The fact that they own a parts company and their entire business relies on supply chain and distribution they could have handled this within Ford.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That isn't how it works. If you are not drawing 80 amps for the fcsp, then it is not taking away from your 200 amp capacity. You may run out of spaces in your load center, but if you have capacity for an 80 amp draw, then you have capacity for 40amps. Don't use both at the same time once you get the fcsp.
My county’s building department will not allow that. They are very strict and require load calculations. They gave me a permit for the circuit being capped off, and will require a separate permit for the charge station. They will not allow the installation of a separate 240 volt outlet on that circuit.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
My county’s building department will not allow that. They are very strict and require load calculations. They gave me a permit for the circuit being capped off, and will require a separate permit for the charge station. They will not allow the installation of a separate 240 volt outlet on that circuit.
Bummer. Don't ask don't tell? Remove the work when they look? Do they put a lock on your load center so that as a homeowner you can't do anything without asking first? I'm not advocating doing something unsafe, but if you don't f-up nobody will know about it except for you.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Temporarily add a box and 14-50 outlet for the mobile charger off your new run and remove it once you get the 80amp charger.
Sponsored