• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone been contacted for SunRun Installation ?

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Yes, if you do not care about home power backup, then the charger will work so long as you install it properly ;)
Great. I am using the vendor that Tesla uses for their chargers. Our county’s building department says that this vendor understands the County’s requirements.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
Update: I was able to get into but since SunRun is not operating in my state, I was able get to the order screen for the Home Integration System. After trying to "become a dealer" and running into issues, I called the help number for the site and they guided me through ordering the HIS. Tip... Once at the AEE Express site, do a search for the "Home Integration System" in the search bar and then click into the page that way and you will be able to "login" and create a profile as a normal customer and not a dealer and add the part to your cart and order it that way. It says it will be here in 5 days... Not sure that is true but will report back when it gets here. Not sure how many others have gone through this process but thought it may help those that are interested in doing so. I am imagining that getting this part once trucks are shipping will be hard to come by so I did not want to wait for the electrician to be able to submit the order that way...
Did you get these parts?

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
Nope. Estimated delivery is September. I am hoping that that is an unprioritized delivery estimate and that they are controlling delivery to Ford customers in some manner and are just not aware that I am one of those and will get prioritized.... I know... That a big 'hope'

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
I am still fighting to get my refund from them. I suggest people do some research before using this company and I will leave it at that. I also suggest finding a good local electrician to do the work if you need it.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bump.
Has anyone been contacted and scheduled for installation through SunRun? I was waiting for a call from SunRun and am interested if anyone is actually getting called?

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yes, they sent someone to come take measurements and pictures. It was a mess at the beginning, they outsourced this part of the job and the person taking the measurements at first was telling me that they did not install chargers, pretty much clueless.

Anyway, the SunRun Rep told me the inverter itself would cost $4k plus labor for home backup, $1k just to install the ProCharger and they would be getting that from Ford. These quotes were before the measurements. I am now waiting on an official quote from them.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, they sent someone to come take measurements and pictures. It was a mess at the beginning, they outsourced this part of the job and the person taking the measurements at first was telling me that they did not install chargers, pretty much clueless.

Anyway, the SunRun Rep told me the inverter itself would cost $4k plus labor for home backup, $1k just to install the ProCharger and they would be getting that from Ford. These quotes were before the measurements. I am now waiting on an official quote from them.
So how far from your build date were you contacted?

syrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat 3.5L PowerBoost
they seem somewhat knowledgeable here in bay area. i called on wednesday, they had all my info, worked up proposal for charger, home integration and solar, coming out tomorrow (saturday) to do site inspection.

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Someone coming out Monday for me.

Sponsored

F150LER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Thought I read a lot of people tried this have not gotten their HIS yet.

Update: I was able to get into but since SunRun is not operating in my state, I was able get to the order screen for the Home Integration System. After trying to "become a dealer" and running into issues, I called the help number for the site and they guided me through ordering the HIS. Tip... Once at the AEE Express site, do a search for the "Home Integration System" in the search bar and then click into the page that way and you will be able to "login" and create a profile as a normal customer and not a dealer and add the part to your cart and order it that way. It says it will be here in 5 days... Not sure that is true but will report back when it gets here. Not sure how many others have gone through this process but thought it may help those that are interested in doing so. I am imagining that getting this part once trucks are shipping will be hard to come by so I did not want to wait for the electrician to be able to submit the order that way...

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What I found out is that SunRun is basically delaying fulfillment of any order that is not installed through SunRun or their subcontractor. I am interested in getting the HIS installed and using their device since I have a solar install happening soon after through a different party. My interest really lies in seeing if they can use the solar installer as their subcontractor for the electric install since it is out of their service area anyways. That way I can get a single bill and I can write it off for taxes.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I was contacted earlier this week, because I filled out their contact request form on the Sun Run website, my build week is not until 6/6.

$28,000 ++++ for 22 panels of roof top PV and HIS with basic install of FCSP.
It's really going to cost much more, my 100A load center needs upgrade, and the run between house and garage is ~90 feet.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was contacted earlier this week, because I filled out their contact request form on the Sun Run website, my build week is not until 6/6.

$28,000 ++++ for 22 panels of roof top PV and HIS with basic install of FCSP.
It's really going to cost much more, my 100A load center needs upgrade, and the run between house and garage is ~90 feet.
And yet, I have tried calling them probably 20 times and they tell me to wait... :rolleyes:, Build date of 5/12...

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
And yet, I have tried calling them probably 20 times and they tell me to wait... :rolleyes:, Build date of 5/12...
My blend date was 4/20. They called me Wednesday on their own.
Sponsored