• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Battery and Motor Temperature Dashboard Display Always at Midpoint

rockery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none, yet
Occupation
engineer
The motor and battery temperature display on the dash on my 2022 Lariat Lightning always reads exactly at the midpoint, even when the weather changes and at any point in a drive (start, during, end). It appears the gauges are not working. Anyone else have this issue?

Ford F-150 Lightning Battery and Motor Temperature Dashboard Display Always at Midpoint display
Sponsored

Alan168

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum, Rapid Red Metallic
Occupation
Retired
Mine did too until the weather turned very cold and I did not plug in for several nights. Then the battery gauge fell below mid-point and the Range gauge dropped from 100% to as low as 87% before I charged the battery to my normal 90% level. After I charged the battery everything returned to normal.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
The motor and battery temperature display on the dash on my 2022 Lariat Lightning always reads exactly at the midpoint, even when the weather changes and at any point in a drive (start, during, end). It appears the gauges are not working. Anyone else have this issue?

display.jpg
Mine does not stray from midpount unless it is very cold...below 20F and the truck stays cold overnight. Even then the battery temp gauge dips slightly, electric motor temp stays in middle

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
The indicators most likely work just fine and are indicating that your thermal management is handling the various conditions just fine. I’ve seen the battery temp move slightly both ways, but only in extreme situations (cold soaking or hard towing).

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I have seen my battery indicator move slightly (5%) to the left but have not seen motor bar move.
When I am pushing it (allegedly), my eyes are locked on the road so I could have missed it.

Sponsored

Capertrj

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
Here in Maine. Truck plugged in the garage. I have noticed the battery gauge a smidge to left of center. It’s been pretty warm thus far. Day time 30-40, night 20-30. But the meter does move.

At first I thought they were dummy meters but they do move. I would guess for those in hot climates or if you dog the truck you will see the motor temp increase.

I feel like it might be a challenge to increase the motor temp in cold weather. Most people took delivery in the fall and winter so there is limited info regarding summer conditions and those meter readings.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Considering the available real-estate on the top margin of the drivers screen, the designer could have expanded the width of each gauge and adjusted the resolution or linearity/logarithmic readout.

OTOH, how many folks will be nervous being able to see more movement than we see now?

6 of one half dozen of the other in the normal non-ev would of truck owners IMHO, but given the demographics of EV adopters, most of us including myself enjoy more meaningful data than less.

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
You'll see the battery temp rise in the summer when fast charging.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
How did we ever get by with analog temp gauges over the years. A narrow pointer with a range from cold to hot. Our gauges should have a fine pointer, not a wide bar. With our wide bar it's like "yes it has a temp, but I can't tell you what it is".

lightningforum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
It does indeed move. This was on the return leg of a road trip after the third stop to fast charge and the temperatures that day got into the 80s. It also went up, although not quite as high, after the fourth fast charge that day.

Ford F-150 Lightning Battery and Motor Temperature Dashboard Display Always at Midpoint Lightning Battery Temp (2)

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Considering the available real-estate on the top margin of the drivers screen, the designer could have expanded the width of each gauge and adjusted the resolution or linearity/logarithmic readout.

OTOH, how many folks will be nervous being able to see more movement than we see now?

6 of one half dozen of the other in the normal non-ev would of truck owners IMHO, but given the demographics of EV adopters, most of us including myself enjoy more meaningful data than less.
I have been making use of the talking feedback feature of my Platinum, and this is one of the items I brought up as a suggestion.

Tonitrus

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have never seen any change in the display reading. The display is always showing temps for battery and electric motor right in the middle. Has anyone else noticed it never seems to be different.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Watch the gauges when you first power on - the gauges drop a little then slowly come back to middle. I just noticed this recently.

lightningforum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I have never seen any change in the display reading. The display is always showing temps for battery and electric motor right in the middle. Has anyone else noticed it never seems to be different.
I previously posted a picture with the battery temperature gauge high after a fast charging session. Below is a picture of the motor temperature gauge high due to a leak in the coolant system.

Ford F-150 Lightning Battery and Motor Temperature Dashboard Display Always at Midpoint Image (5)
Sponsored