• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bonkers Fordpass charging and precon shenanigans

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Woke up this morning to a fordpass message saying the cabin precon was ready at 0400h exactly. The truck is supposed to charge to 85% between 2200h and 0700h and departure for 0600.

Stupid truck started charging at 0400, from 49% and cabin precon was ready again for 0600.

Going to have to open the app every night now just to make sure it works properly.

Anyone else have similar issues?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Set everything in the truck, not the app.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I've had a couple instances where the truck didn't start charging in time to hit my 90% target before the price of electricity goes up at 9:00am. I'm not sure why that happened.

Cabin pre-condition disabled my heated steering wheel for half a day at a time so I stopped using that.

Departure Times would start charging before 11:00pm (lower rate) if it needed to in order to hit 90% before 9:00 so I stopped using that. If I could charge faster this wouldn't be a problem but I'm limited to 32 amps due to wiring constraints.

Those are my issues. I don't usually care if it's charged to my target every morning so I use only Preferred Charging Times for economy, remote start for climate, and one-time charge if I need to charge outside of non-peak hours.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Did this happen last night? My truck is supposed to charge to 90% between 11pm and 6am. I plugged in about 8pm last night and it didn't charge at all. This is the third or fourth time it's done it.

At least this time it was warm enough out that I wasn't freezing going into work. I feel like I'm babysitting a $80k child.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I don't usually care if it's charged to my target every morning so I use only Preferred Charging Times for economy, remote start for climate, and one-time charge if I need to charge outside of non-peak hours.
^ This. If the thing can't get right, at least honor my preferred charging time for my TOU rate.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
last night
Ya. It's not charged a couple of times over the last few months but the 0400h cabin precon is a new bug. Going to check the truck settings, it's possible the last update buggered it.

OP
OP

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
last update buggered it.
It was probably that. Just checked the truck and even though the schedule was correct in it, there were a couple of irregular settings. Clock sync was off for some reason (set time was correct) and preferred charge settimgs slider was off.

Also, my previously completed update from days ago showed not complete at first but quickly changed to completed again as I looked at the truck 2 minutes ago.

Definitely software related shenanigans.
Worst part of this truck so far.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I wouldn't blame the software update that just happened. I've woken up to go to work about 4 or 5 times now without the truck charging and none of them happened during a software update.

The only time the software update affected my charging schedule is during the DTE update and all it did was ignore my 90% limit and go to 100%.

eopiela

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Attorney
I too have found that charging times are randomly not honored by the truck. I had left the truck plugged in from a prior charging session last night, and randomly the truck apparently began charging at 11pm and topped off until 3am this morning. I have time of use set on my whole home inverter so I charge with solar during the day and live off a home battery at night. Of course this uninvited charging the truck hammered my battery and it switched over to grid after it sucked my 30kwh home battery down to nothing. Annoying. I know, first world problems....

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The FCSP at my house is showing a pending software update for the past few days, it's still not installed, and I've restarted it a couple of times.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
software update
I just received the 4.2.2.2 ui update last week and it was completed. Looked today in the truck and saw this:
Ford F-150 Lightning Bonkers Fordpass charging and precon shenanigans IMG_20230425_101353

But it quickly changed to completed again.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
I just received the 4.2.2.2 ui update last week and it was completed. Looked today in the truck and saw this:
IMG_20230425_101353.jpg

But it quickly changed to completed again.
What'd you clean your screen with? Parmesan cheese?

OP
OP

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What'd you clean your screen with? Parmesan cheese?
LOL, this is an every day truck. The sand and dust blowing around this time of year is near impossible to stay on top of. The camera makes it look worse than it is though, I detailed on Sunday.
Sponsored