• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge station pro cannot connect to charging station

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Yes, it charges. It’s the “extra stuff” it’s supposed to be able to do that it can’t…but it basic function…charging, it does.
How far away from the charger is your router? I've been having ongoing connectivity issues with mine and have had a few cases opened and closed. During one of the calls they told me to buy a range extender and put it within 3 feet of the unit. Cut the offline time by about half, but didn't fix the problem.
Sponsored

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
How far away from the charger is your router? I've been having ongoing connectivity issues with mine and have had a few cases opened and closed. During one of the calls they told me to buy a range extender and put it within 3 feet of the unit. Cut the offline time by about half, but didn't fix the problem.
About 20’. The truck and my phone (which are the the same distance) show full signal. Never had an issue the entire last year that it was installed. This is a new issue.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
About 20’. The truck and my phone (which are the the same distance) show full signal. Never had an issue the entire last year that it was installed. This is a new issue.
That's about the same distance that mine was before the extender was added. Showed full bars in my mesh app as well as on my phone. Was told they won't RMA it for connectivity issues.

Hopefully your issue is resolved more favorably.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I think the issue regarding changing the amperage rate can be pinned partly to the Fordpass app, somethings are inconsistent with 4.32.1

I just made an adjustment, lowering it from 80A to 70A, it says the change was made, I'll report back Monday afternoon with results.

I'm also using a wifi extender, base unit is in the house about 60' from EVSE, I have a POD extender that's about 40'/20' between the two, it's improved connectivity.

Last edited:

JohnnyEV

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Rebooted the Charger, it's working fine now.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I got tired of FordPass, and it's infinite problems adjusting charge rate, so I cut a little window in the cover so I can adjust the dial. I have it set to 48 amps. No matter how many times I adjust the charge rate in the app, or how many times I reboot the FCSP, it still states my top rate is 80 amps, and I can't get it to adjust lower than 54 amps. Of course, it only charges at a 48 amp rate, so I'm happy.

@Ford Motor Company your software is garbage. Your developers couldn't program their way out of a wet paper bag. You guys better get it together. The general public isn't going to put up with this crap. You are, with your own problems, making compelling points as to why people should buy your competitors vehicles.