• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Station Pro Problems

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Thank you! Sounds good. I’m going to go for it.
To add….I am currently using the Ford Connected Charge Station. When (if ever) I get my truck, I plan to replace it with the Charge Station Pro, if no other reason that it’s longer 25’ cable will reach the next stall in my garage. I’ll likely deprecate the charge rate to 48A and use my current wiring.

Posts like this contribute to how we end up with 25 pages! 😄
Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
The charge limit is controlled locally by the truck. When the limit is reached, the truck stops charging and signals the EVSE. No connectivity to the cloud or FordPass is involved.
The usual cause of this problem is location error. If the truck thinks it’s not at the location where you set the limit, it won’t use it.

One question - do you make your charge settings in FP or in the truck? I only make settings in the vehicle due to flakiness trying to do so in FP.
I think you and @TaxmanHog have it both correct. My error 🥹

I have changed settings in both. I have made changes in my FordPass settings for my max charge for my Home (FCSP) location and have also done so in my truck. I had assumed @Ford Motor Company the FordPass app and my truck synced this setting…I was wrong 😑

Last Wednesday, I had set my Home Location in my truck from 80% to 100% instead of using the setting in my FordPass app to insure the truck fully charged for a ~260 mi out of town trip. I wanted to make sure it was fully charged in time to leave.

Upon arrival back home Sunday evening, I plugged my truck in to my FCSP to charge/precondition for early Monday morning errands. I checked my FordPass app and noted the max charge setting was 80% and went to bed….I forgot about my setting in my truck 🙃

Yesterday evening, I returned my Home Location “Charge to” setting in my truck to 80%, plugged in at 81% SoC to precondition for this morning drives, and my truck did not begin charging.

This morning, I had a nice toasty truck at 81% SoC👍👍😎. Another F-150 Lightning lesson learned…………

BTW, I too have noted the Steering Wheel heat doesn’t work during preconditioning, nor does it activate for the immediate drive that follows. The Steering Wheel heat does work after shutting down the truck and beginning the next drive. I guess @Ford Motor Company doesn’t feel a preconditioned truck needs any mor supplemental heat🤔….a poor assumption!

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Finally got a response from Siemens. Pretty poor response in my opinion.
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems Screenshot_6

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Ford just followed up with a phone call reiterating what Siemens response was and washed their hands of the situation. They said there is no more they can do and to just deal with Siemens directly going forward.

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
BTW, I too have noted the Steering Wheel heat doesn’t work during preconditioning, nor does it activate for the immediate drive that follows. The Steering Wheel heat does work after shutting down the truck and beginning the next drive. I guess @Ford Motor Company doesn’t feel a preconditioned truck needs any mor supplemental heat🤔….a poor assumption!
I too have noticed the lack of Steering Wheel heat despite being 'on' during pre-conditioning. Good thing I don't live on a truly cold climate.

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I too have noticed the lack of Steering Wheel heat despite being 'on' during pre-conditioning. Good thing I don't live on a truly cold climate.
Well, something new this morning…the steering wheel heat came on automatically after a preconditioned start🤔

Plugged-in, 90% SoC achieved just before midnight, preconditioning set to be completed by 0735 hrs. Start the truck after preconditioning completed just after 0735 (FCSP solid Blue). Vehicle nice & warm…heater fan not running….steering wheel cold as usual.

I drive to the arterial (~1 min.), stop…turning on turn signal…take hands off steering wheel & wait ~20 sec for traffic. While waiting, the cabin fan starts up and I feel the heated seat warm up. I place my hands back on the steering wheel, and to my surprise, it’s now nice and warm!!!

Go figuire!

FWIW….no OTA update overnight….no change of usual settings………

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
My heated steering wheel has always worked with preconditioning.

Capertrj

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
I finally got my FCSP installed Tuesday. Did a 19% charge, 39%, 5%, and on my fourth right now which will be about 20%. I can’t say power since the fordpass app doesn’t say. Running the full 100 amp wire with the control set to 7/80A. My rough math seems like I’m around 15kwh which is in line with 80A/240V with loses.

in the ford pass app, account, charge station connect charge station button im seeing some weird things. As it is right now it seems the FCSP section in FordPass is completely useless.

-under insights it’s completely blank, no sign of charging. The bar graph is empty.
-now under settings. My max charge current says “A”. I’ve tried changing but it doesn’t save and goes back to A.
-software EVSE 2.112.64:0

any thoughts?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I finally got my FCSP installed Tuesday. Did a 19% charge, 39%, 5%, and on my fourth right now which will be about 20%. I can’t say power since the fordpass app doesn’t say. Running the full 100 amp wire with the control set to 7/80A. My rough math seems like I’m around 15kwh which is in line with 80A/240V with loses.

in the ford pass app, account, charge station connect charge station button im seeing some weird things. As it is right now it seems the FCSP section in FordPass is completely useless.

-under insights it’s completely blank, no sign of charging. The bar graph is empty.
-now under settings. My max charge current says “A”. I’ve tried changing but it doesn’t save and goes back to A.
-software EVSE 2.112.64:0

any thoughts?
power cycle the FCSP Friday morning, the leave it disconnected from the truck for the day, when you get home from work power cycle it one again.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems 1669950140103

Wait 30 minutes, the charge the truck, once done, unplug the truck, hopefully the power cycles implemented needed updates and you will begin seeing session data like this.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems 1669950211968

If the software has not updated wait a few more days, at some point the update should happen unless your Wi-Fi signal is not reaching or network setup was not done correctly.

Capertrj

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
power cycle the FCSP Friday morning, the leave it disconnected from the truck for the day, when you get home from work power cycle it one again.

1669950140103.png

Wait 30 minutes, the charge the truck, once done, unplug the truck, hopefully the power cycles implemented needed updates and you will begin seeing session data like this.

1669950211968.png

If the software has not updated wait a few more days, at some point the update should happen unless your Wi-Fi signal is not reaching or network setup was not done correctly.
Thanks @TaxmanHog . Just unplugged and power cycled. Will post back later how things turned out.

Sponsored

Capertrj

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
That was quick. Seeing new version in FordPass. It’s nearly identical to yours @TaxmanHog . Max charge current now shows 80A. There is a data point from Wednesday only for 30.722, other days didn’t populate.

2.112.70:2.129:1.12:0.33:0.42. (The 33 and 42 are switched from yours).

im At 80% right now so I’ll wait until later to cycle again , wait 30, then charge.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
That was quick. Seeing new version in FordPass. It’s nearly identical to yours @TaxmanHog . Max charge current now shows 80A. There is a data point from Wednesday only for 30.722, other days didn’t populate.

2.112.70:2.129:1.12:0.33:0.42. (The 33 and 42 are switched from yours).

im At 80% right now so I’ll wait until later to cycle again , wait 30, then charge.
That's great to hear, the old data might be lost, no big deal, this point forward you should be good to go, data reports and bar graph only update after the EVSE is unplugged from the truck.

My SW version as viewed in the FP app shows as yours does, the previous screen shot I shared was from the FCSP setup utility, you can log into the device as well to see the SW version.

Here is my version as viewed in FP
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems 1669985987453

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I pretty much could not connect to my FCSP. I saw it on Wi-Fi when it was initially installed and tried to connect but it didn’t work. Now I can’t even find it on my phones Wi-Fi. I did manage to manually connect through Ford Pass but now how do I get software updates for the station?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I pretty much could not connect to my FCSP. I saw it on Wi-Fi when it was initially installed and tried to connect but it didn’t work. Now I can’t even find it on my phones Wi-Fi. I did manage to manually connect through Ford Pass but now how do I get software updates for the station?
Assuming your FCSP is not reaching your house network.

Odd thing about the FCSP network, it goes into hidden mode (does not publish it's network/device name) once the initial configuration is completed. I think they designed it this way to improve security and minimize hacking, so you will no longer see it listed on your phones available Wi-Fi devices list.

Unplug FCSP from your truck, power off the FCSP.

Go into advanced wi-fi network settings view recent and active connections listed under the "Manage Networks" function, select and view the SID for your FCSP, switch on the auto reconnect.

Then make sure all other wi-fi networks within reach are not set to auto reconnect.

Then turn on the phones hot spot sharing.

Power on the FCSP, hopefully it will find your phone and be able to reach out to the cloud for updates, you might need to wait 30-60 minutes with the phone in range.

Then power cycle the FCSP to implement any changes.

If all these steps come to naught, you might need a better networking solution

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Assuming your FCSP is not reaching your house network.

Odd thing about the FCSP network, it goes into hidden mode (does not publish it's network/device name) once the initial configuration is completed. I think they designed it this way to improve security and minimize hacking, so you will no longer see it listed on your phones available Wi-Fi devices list.

Unplug FCSP from your truck, power off the FCSP.

Go into advanced wi-fi network settings view recent and active connections listed under the "Manage Networks" function, select and view the SID for your FCSP, switch on the auto reconnect.

Then make sure all other wi-fi networks within reach are not set to auto reconnect.

Then turn on the phones hot spot sharing.

Power on the FCSP, hopefully it will find your phone and be able to reach out to the cloud for updates, you might need to wait 30-60 minutes with the phone in range.
Awesome! Will give this a shot. @Pioneer74 also suggested resetting to factory settings but the damn reset is within the Charger, why couldn’t they put the reset in the outside for safety… I’ll have to try both these options to see what works.
Sponsored