• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Station Pro Problems

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Awesome! Will give this a shot. @Pioneer74 also suggested resetting to factory settings but the damn reset is within the Charger, why couldn’t they put the reset in the outside for safety… I’ll have to try both these options to see what works.
I agree, the base line reset might be needed, hopefully you can connect your station to a permanent network instead of the phone, I think the NEMA-3/4 rating and device security are why it's buried under the shell
Sponsored

baker158

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Woke up to this, FCSP not phoning home to Ford pass, preconditioning ran, but still no warm steering wheel, expecting that would be the case, I did a 15 minute remote start after the preconditioning phase ended, still a cold steering wheel.

The charging event which ran Sunday evening was reported out as expected after unplugging the truck this morning, I did not drive the Lightning on Monday, so that data also flows via truck telematics not the FCSP while it was off-line.

After we returned from breakfast run, I switched the FCSP off then on and it's reporting again.
On the drive home, steering wheel was warm.

1668522861125.png
I have a theory: try renaming your charger without an apostrophe. If that doesn’t work, try removing it and readopting it and make sure to name it something simple without the apostrophe.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I agree, the base line reset might be needed, hopefully you can connect your station to a permanent network instead of the phone, I think the NEMA-3/4 rating and device security are why it's buried under the shell
Yeah me too. I get what I need from Ford Pass but software updates are a no go without connection to the home internet.

Somehow I was able to connect to the charger upon initial install but it then failed to connect to My home internet and thats where everything went south

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I have a theory: try renaming your charger without an apostrophe. If that doesn’t work, try removing it and readopting it and make sure to name it something simple without the apostrophe.
The name comes from my Ford.com customer account name, the system automatically adds the apostrophe s ['s]

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems 1670093009797

I don't think it's the root cause of the occasional disconnect from the Ford cloud, most likely it's simply lost a connection to my home network. My cable router is in the house, about 60 feet from the FCSP in a detached garage. I have added a wifi extender which has marginally improved the connection.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Update: After about 6 Factory Resets it finally connected to my home Wi-Fi and also update. I was ready to give up when I decided to again manually add to my Ford Pass First and then use the FCSP App. It’s all connected and I’m updated also. Thanks everyone!

Sponsored

Capertrj

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
Assuming your FCSP is not reaching your house network.

Odd thing about the FCSP network, it goes into hidden mode (does not publish it's network/device name) once the initial configuration is completed. I think they designed it this way to improve security and minimize hacking, so you will no longer see it listed on your phones available Wi-Fi devices list.

Unplug FCSP from your truck, power off the FCSP.

Go into advanced wi-fi network settings view recent and active connections listed under the "Manage Networks" function, select and view the SID for your FCSP, switch on the auto reconnect.

Then make sure all other wi-fi networks within reach are not set to auto reconnect.

Then turn on the phones hot spot sharing.

Power on the FCSP, hopefully it will find your phone and be able to reach out to the cloud for updates, you might need to wait 30-60 minutes with the phone in range.

Then power cycle the FCSP to implement any changes.

If all these steps come to naught, you might need a better networking solution
And we are off! Thanks for help! Still staying strong with 80A w/200A service. Haven’t even thought of setting up schedule yet, plug in and usually done in a couple hours. Recent home upgrades have freed up some available power. (Electric to gas stove etc).
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems 1670121235082

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
And we are off! Thanks for help! Still staying strong with 80A w/200A service. Haven’t even thought of setting up schedule yet, plug in and usually done in a couple hours. Recent home upgrades have freed up some available power. (Electric to gas stove etc).
Don't be afraid of pulling 80 amps. I'm pulling about 90 between my two, and even with all my Christmas lights on and watching TV, both legs are below 100A.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems Screenshot_20221203-211924_Emporia Energy

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems 20221203_212403

Capertrj

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
Don't be afraid of pulling 80 amps. I'm pulling about 90 between my two, and even with all my Christmas lights on and watching TV, both legs are below 100A.
Nice pair in the garage! We (yes we) kicked wife’s car out of garage. Lightning and 76 bronco living inside now.

Is there a way in FordPass to see delivery rate? Like 18kWh ? It seems it just gives cumulative charge. Also, I wish the FordPass app would record and finalize your charging session once you reach your setting (like 80%). If You plug in and don’t Drive for a few days it records that data on the day you disconnected. Not a big issue since I’m thankful for not relying on 120V/10A mobile charger 🤣.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Nice pair in the garage! We (yes we) kicked wife’s car out of garage. Lightning and 76 bronco living inside now.

Is there a way in FordPass to see delivery rate? Like 18kWh ?
No. You would have to get a third party solution to get that information. I recommend the Emporia Vue2. I have 2 of them. One for the whole house, and one for just my Charge Station Pro. @TaxmanHog has fallen in love with his.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems Screenshot_20221203-232423_Gallery

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems Screenshot_20221203-232611_Emporia Energy

mitchskis

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Hey everyone, playing catch up here. Did we ever figure out how to resolve the overheating error message issue? Just got my charger installed yesterday and get the error message after about 30 minutes of charging. I read on the thread it was a software problem and @Ford Motor Company was Going to send out an OTA update to resolve. Is this the solution or was it determined to be something else? I took a screenshot of a message within the Ford Pass App that states “update pending” but unsure what this is and how to get update to go through. Trying to get resolved before having to call the electrician to come back out. Any help would be appreciated!

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems 9CC020C4-2A6E-4650-A631-114BD62C329B

Sponsored

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
Hey everyone, playing catch up here. Did we ever figure out how to resolve the overheating error message issue? Just got my charger installed yesterday and get the error message after about 30 minutes of charging. I read on the thread it was a software problem and @Ford Motor Company was Going to send out an OTA update to resolve. Is this the solution or was it determined to be something else? I took a screenshot of a message within the Ford Pass App that states “update pending” but unsure what this is and how to get update to go through. Trying to get resolved before having to call the electrician to come back out. Any help would be appreciated!
Yes, there was a software update last summer that resolved this. Here's mine/the current version. Try power cycling your charger to get the update to install? Mine recently had an update pending for awhile, but looks like it installed since last I looked.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems Screenshot_20230409-082043

mitchskis

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Yes, there was a software update last summer that resolved this. Here's mine/the current version. Try power cycling your charger to get the update to install? Mine recently had an update pending for awhile, but looks like it installed since last I looked.

Screenshot_20230409-082043.png
Thanks @RainorshinePNW. When you say power cycle are you referring to resetting the charger manually?

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks @RainorshinePNW. When you say power cycle are you referring to resetting the charger manually?
Yes, just off then back on. For me I do it from the breaker in the panel. Sometimes the reset of the unit and and wifi can trigger it moving forward with an update.

mitchskis

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Thanks. Did the reset and seemed to update. Now only problem is I’m getting a message of “derate failed” when I try and move the amps back to 80 lol. Always something. Thanks for your help!

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks. Did the reset and seemed to update. Now only problem is I’m getting a message of “derate failed” when I try and move the amps back to 80 lol. Always something. Thanks for your help!
You can't change the amps if you're plugged in and/or charging. If you are, unplug, then adjust the amps, should take.
Sponsored