• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Went ahead and did the updates with FDRS then ran the battery health check. Deviation looks good as all are within .004 of each other. But what do the cell capacities tell me? Is this the capacity of each cell at 100% or does it reflect their current SoC (I was at 71%)

Screenshot 2023-10-03 000031.png
I'm pretty sure that's the current total capacity of each cell. They should all be connected in series within each module
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
So I wonder if the admins want to start a poll for those who got this error and what their build dates are?

That would be interesting to see when this problem started. I don't think '22 early builds are having this issue.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
So I wonder if the admins want to start a poll for those who got this error and what their build dates are?

That would be interesting to see when this problem started. I don't think '22 early builds are having this issue.
I check the earliest builds blend days 4/12 & 4/14 respectively, they both are showing the issue for @Scanman57 and @idahospud so from day one forward to some point in recent production are affected, at least the base code and only ~4% with module concerns.

Sponsored

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
I check the earliest builds blend days 4/12 & 4/14 respectively, they both are showing the issue for @Scanman57 and @idahospud so from day one forward to some point in recent production are affected, at least the based code and only ~4% with module concerns.
Hi all, yesterday (10/2/23), I received a notice regarding the battery management software update. It stated that the update will occur over the air in the 4th 1/4 of 2023, or I could go to the dealer and have it done sooner. No notice of an actual battery problem.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
There was only 1 fire. 1 battery caught on fire and the 2 trucks parked next to it burned.
I must have confused the hybrid fires that caused a recall with additional incident. Thanks for correction.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Well all this talk of battery module issues and failures had me concerned so I rechecked my battery stats live data from the BECM via my OBDII dongle and it would appear that my battery is still healthy as a horse.

Any of you guys have an OBDII dongle and wanna compare data?

Screenshot_20230914_225508.jpg
Do you know what are the cut off line for any of these that should cause alarm? especially teh variations? My HVB voltage is 50 volts less than yours at 42% SOC

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Do you know what are the cut off line for any of these that should cause alarm? especially teh variations? My HVB voltage is 50 volts less than yours at 42% SOC
Well that's just the total pack voltage and if your battery is 30% lower than mine that makes perfect sense. The real values to pay attention to are the average module voltage variation and SOC variation.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
So while mine was in for the 20k service they looked into this and i was told my battery failed the test so they ordered the parts. Told me i was fine to keep driving just might impact overall charge and range. Does that sound right for anyone else who had a bad cell?

Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
So while mine was in for the 20k service they looked into this and i was told my battery failed the test so they ordered the parts. Told me i was fine to keep driving just might impact overall charge and range. Does that sound right for anyone else who had a bad cell?
I didn't think they were allowed to release it with that error per the CSP info. Regardless, mine drove fine in the reduced power mode. However, I am not endorsing this. I suggest you ask them for a loaner since they are required to in the CSP.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I didn't think they were allowed to release it with that error per the CSP info. Regardless, mine drove fine in the reduced power mode. However, I am not endorsing this. I suggest you ask them for a loaner since they are required to in the CSP.
Is the module a physical module that has to be replaced? Maybe i misunderstood them... Time for a call.

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
Is the module a physical module that has to be replaced? Maybe i misunderstood them... Time for a call.
If you are referring to the battery module then yes, it is physical. You have a number of cells per module (11 I think). When one cell is bad they have to replace the module the cell is in.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I didn’t read it that way.

Ford has proactively reached out to some owners with bad modules. They preordered the parts and scheduled service with the dealer. None were told they couldn’t continue to drive the truck.

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited

Mine was built in May of 22 and is waiting on a new battery module now.
Sponsored