• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Departure times Cabin Precondition-Steering Wheel, not heating-Cold Climate

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
@Ford Motor Company
problem: steering wheel not heating during precondition (warm setting) or after start. (Though indicator light is on)

conditions:
cool/cold day. Departure time set in truck. cabin is warm at departure time wheel is NOT. Heated steering wheel icon is red along with seat indicating warming. Disconnect CSP, foot on brake, start truck, drive, wheel does not heat, cycle wheel off/on-still no warming. Stop truck (power down)Start truck, turn on heated steering, wheel warms.

solution:
unknown?
i did not find any helpful information in the manual.

anyone much more north seeing this happen. More annoying since i have to power down truck to get it to cycle on.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
@Ford Motor Company
problem: steering wheel not heating during precondition (warm setting) or after start. (Though indicator light is on)

conditions:
cool/cold day. Departure time set in truck. cabin is warm at departure time wheel is NOT. Heated steering wheel icon is red along with seat indicating warming. Disconnect CSP, foot on brake, start truck, drive, wheel does not heat, cycle wheel off/on-still no warming. Stop truck (power down)Start truck, turn on heated steering, wheel warms.

solution:
unknown?

anyone much more north seeing this happen. More annoying since i have to power down truck to get it to cycle on.
Hi there! I can look into your Lightning's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
@Ford Motor Company

conditions:

solution:
unknown?

I'm seeing a similar thing here in the MA climate. It happened yesterday after I started the truck on my commute home. The steering wheel showed ON, but it was cold. The seat warmers worked, heat was on, but nothing from the steering wheel.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'm seeing a similar thing here in the MA climate. It happened yesterday after I started the truck on my commute home. The steering wheel showed ON, but it was cold. The seat warmers worked, heat was on, but nothing from the steering wheel.
Was your truck plugged into charger at work?
Did you use a pre-conditioning time or actual manual remote start via direct action on Fordpass?

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Was your truck plugged into charger at work?
Did you use a pre-conditioning time or actual manual remote start via direct action on Fordpass?
Plugged into a 120VAV receptacle. I didn't precondition, but I did turn it on early.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Plugged into a 120VAV receptacle. I didn't precondition, but I did turn it on early.
In that scenario I would expect the warmer to work, odd results.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning, 2020 BMW m340
Hi there! I can look into your Lightning's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?
I have same issue as well.
Sponsored