• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Charge Station Pro (2024 Review)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Garnetgull145

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ford lightning lariat xr, 2019 Benz Cls 450,
Occupation
Police officer
Pretty excited as I sit at work and my electrician is installing the FCSP in my garage. Bought the lariat er about a month ago and you need the bigger capability of this unit to help cope with whatever range anxiety is. No worries here just loving this truck. Ford killed it with this first of a kind electric lightning.

daveross1212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tahoe Z71, 22 X5 45e, '22 F150L Lariat ER
Mine is still sitting in the box. We've got a single 40A Lectron that we share between the EVs. If I have a pressing need to charge quickly, there's a v3 Supercharger less than a mile from my house.

It's rare that we have a need to simultaneously charge both of our EVs. Neither gets plugged in every night. That being said, it would be handy to have them both plugged in when we have cold snaps.

While there's no pressing need, I'll probably have the FCSP mounted/installed if we get around to doing a generator inlet connection.
Exactly the same boat here. I'm not even sure its ever coming out of the box, because it's more convenient to be able to charge non-CCS cars in either garage bay (e.g. I'll probably just install another cheap 40a L2 when I do the generator inlet).

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠

the biggest thing missed outside of charge rate (80amp) benefit.

if your local utility provides a discounted charging rate - this unit most Likely won’t work for you.

in order to determine how much energy was used for charging vs energy for your home the utility must know when the charger was used. Ford doesn’t allow 3rd party access to your account so it can’t measure specific charging useage.

check with your state & local utility for equipment, install and charging discounts.

some have posted about free or significantly discounted chargers, also exceptional discounts with compatible chargers.

in my state, I received a decent amount rebated for my install. Can’t get TOU discount because I use CSP.

OP
OP
Dinozero

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠

the biggest thing missed outside of charge rate (80amp) benefit.

if your local utility provides a discounted charging rate - this unit most Likely won’t work for you.

in order to determine how much energy was used for charging vs energy for your home the utility must know when the charger was used. Ford doesn’t allow 3rd party access to your account so it can’t measure specific charging useage.

check with your state & local utility for equipment, install and charging discounts.

some have posted about free or significantly discounted chargers, also exceptional discounts with compatible chargers.

in my state, I received a decent amount rebated for my install. Can’t get TOU discount because I use CSP.

Thanks for bringing this up. Great point. I didn't want to install mine until heard from sure from my Utility company.

My utility company is just starting a brand new beta program for disconnected rates. Ford is excluded because of the reasons you mentioned. I've tried to talk to them about allowing some 3rd party EVSE but they only seem to go off the data from the manufacturer.

I started a thread on this forum about that, and some people shockingly said they get a utility discount in their state using Ford EVs and Ford's EVSE. So I don't know what the deal is??

That said.. if I could get in the program I'd save $233 a year. So I already have a backup plan. When I installed my FCSP, I left my 14-50 Nema outlet in the garage. It was hard to get the space in the panel for it, but I made it work.

Since I still got a 14-50 Nema, I could just buy a 3rd party charger that plugs into that outlet and charge at night for a discount if they give me one and it would pay for the charger pretty quickly.

Then my 80A charger would only get used when fast charging is necessary I suppose.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I started a thread on this forum about that, and some people shockingly said they get a utility discount in their state using Ford EVs and Ford's EVSE. So I don't know what the deal is??
Those folks are in a small beta test approved by the Ford & the Utility.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
@Dinozero My FCSP didn't give me issues until we started hitting over 105F consistently. At that point I did start to get over heating errors at the full 80amps. I dialed it back to 60amps and didn't have any problems even when we where 115F. I plan on getting Emporia's Vue system to monitor energy usage at some point which will kinda make up for Ford's poor reporting. I'm very content with using it.

We're not a 2 EV home yet, I don't think the wife is ready to deal with charging ( though I'm trying to convince her ). But if/when we are, the full speed means we can both be charged overnight. Since I'm on 1-to-1 net metering for solar, I don't have any TOU restrictions and no incentive to use any *smart* monitoring. I charge when I want.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
This.

I wish they just made an 80A version with a J1772 connector. The Whole Home Backup is bloatware, and the charger does not communicate with any of the utility Demand Management programs across the country. And the new truck don't ever have 80A of charging capability.

I feel like a genius for selling mine when I did. Got $800 on ebay and bought an Emporia instead.
Just cut the plastic around the 2 bottom DC inlets and fill the holes with silicone and you have a J1772 at 80 amps (flip the beaker and make sure nothings on the DC legs of course)

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Just cut the plastic around the 2 bottom DC inlets and fill the holes with silicone and you have a J1772 at 80 amps (flip the beaker and make sure nothings on the DC legs of course)
And yeah, they suck because of their lack of data sharing ...

Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Installed my FCSP in 2022 and I’m also an able bodied adult who is able to lift a cable without worry.

After two months of dealing with firmware updates back in June 2022, it has been absolutely perfect. I drive a lot and I’m nearing 60,000 miles so I absolutely appreciate the full 80amp charging every night.

Warning : If you are a small child the weight of the FCSP cable might not be for you . If you prefer your truck to charge slower than the FCSP might not be for you. If you like to analyze your charging data with the passion of an excel spreadsheet than the FCSP isn’t for you .

To the people who get a discounted utility rate for off peak hours. I do as well. My truck full charges between 11pm and 6:00am every night at the super discounted rate. So another non issue.

It’s a fast, reliable charger, with the features most people want . Also, my 10 year old asked me to edit the post to say that he is also capable of lifting the cable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dinozero

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Installed my FCSP in 2022 and I’m also an able bodied adult who is able to lift a cable without worry.

After two months of dealing with firmware updates back in June 2022, it has been absolutely perfect. I drive a lot and I’m nearing 60,000 miles so I absolutely appreciate the full 80amp charging every night.

Warning : If you are a small child the weight of the FCSP cable might not be for you . If you prefer your truck to charge slower than the FCSP might not be for you. If you like to analyze your charging data with the passion of an excel spreadsheet than the FCSP isn’t for you .

To the people who get a discounted utility rate for off peak hours. I do as well. My truck full charges between 11pm and 6:00am every night at the super discounted rate. So another non issue.

It’s a fast, reliable charger, with the features most people want . Also, my 10 year old asked me to edit the post to say that he is also capable of lifting the cable.
Chris, sounds like you check all the boxes. Your utility talks to the truck somehow to know when you charge ?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Just purchased a 2023 Lariat ER two weeks ago. The Ford Station pro was shipped out and received Friday. Install was today by the same electrician who wired my house and installed my tesla 60amp charger. Rate was $750 here in Texas and FCSP arrived exactly two weeks after purchase in mail for free.

I have a 100A breaker and an 80A circuit.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro (2024 Review) 1712200894542-n4
I want to hear about this 240V microwave. I'm guessing you can pop popcorn in 30 seconds :)
Sponsored