• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford tells dealers to PAUSE EV investments while it alters certification program

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I read about this the other day, although I forget where. I'm not going to get overly worked up about it. If Ford wants to drop the ball then I'll happily choose my next EV's (wife and kids over the next 10 years) at another brand. I have no loyalty, I choose based on the best bang for my buck.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I feel like they have abounded those of us who stepped up early to invest (a lot) in their EV offerings. The biggest complaint I have currently is the near total elimination of updates. And particularly their failure to deliver promised improvements to Blue Cruise on our trucks even though they have made the advanced version available on new purchases.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yeah, cutting back on training is BS. I hope dealers that want to sell EVs ignore that. We need more EV techs.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I expect this right sizing effort to work out for the best in the long run, they need a bright line between Model-e and Ford-Blue.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
"The company also reduced employee training requirements."

That is the most concerning thing, IMO.
I think with regard to dealers who are exiting the Model-e concept in full, no sense training tech's, advisors or sales staff on the product line if they won't be dealing with it after the adjustments.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Ford really shot themselves in the foot by rushing into EV's, and now delaying them.

They have no "good" hybrids. They discontinued the Edge, which would have been an awesome PHEV, they can only produce a limited number of hybrid Mavericks, and canceled the Fusion. The F150 hybrid is geared more towards power instead of efficiency. And now they have to import the Nautilus from China, with a huge tariff.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I think with regard to dealers who are exiting the Model-e concept in full, no sense training tech's, advisors or sales staff on the product line if they won't be dealing with it after the adjustments.
I get why the dealers won't want to train employees if they aren't pushing EVs, but Ford's huge unspoken selling point (IMO) over Rivian and Tesla is the Ford Service network.

Previously you could take your Ford to any service center and get service on your vehicle (99% of the time). Now are we going to have to try and figure out which dealers will service our vehicles and which won't? That would suck if you have an issue while on the road. That is almost a bigger headache than Tesla/Rivian.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Russian roulette already trying to find dealer service centers who have been serious about Model-e

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Maybe they should revive the Mercury brand, move all the EVs over, and start fresh with a new dealer network.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
We don't really need a bunch more Level II chargers
I would disagree. We need chargers period. DCFC would be helpful, but may not be needed in each town. In towns with none or only a single station, yes FMC should pay the dealer to place one. But at the end of the day a minimum of two public accessed only EVSEs is the least they should ask for.

The cost of two public accessed 40-48 amp level two chargers is negligible to the overall cost of doing business. By having those chargers in rural America, in the land of DCFC desert, helps prevent the “I ran out of power” and photos of a “Ford Lightning towed for running out of energy”.

By having standards it also helps ensure the EVs leave with a “full tank” like dealer did with gas versions. That was one of my frustrations with my Lightning as they kept the battery around 40% and only had a split EVSE so while I was doing the paperwork I got a dismissal 3kw of energy going to my new truck, requiring me to deep charge first thing when I got home. If they would have had a 48 amp EVSE I would have at least moved the needle a little before having to drive away.
Sponsored