• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Recently notice the update loaded on my phone.

Charging and trip logs appear to be more reliable so far, back arrow on these screens working now.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass 4.27.0 update 1684417375392
Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
The latest update to the iPhone app created an error in estimated completion time for charging at home on the CSP. I charge at a reduced rate of 32 amps, so charging from 35% to 90% SOC takes about 10 hours. Estimated completion times have previously been accurate to within about 15 minutes. After the update, the completion time was under-estimated by about 4 hours.

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I update the app on my iphone while it was plugged in waiting to charge last night. I have it set to charge at 10PM and did the update around 8PM. When I opened the app after the update it told me it would start charging at 6PM (two hours in the past) and complete at 2AM, and I noticed the Charge Station Pro wouldn't connect. I reset the breaker, which didn't change the time message on the app but it still charged at 10PM and completed around 6:30AM as initially estimated. So still worked as it should.

I have noticed that if we have any kind of power disturbance (ie. light flicker, brown out), that the Charge Station Pro doesn't like it and needs a hard reset or it doesn't record data. Not a big deal, just something I've noticed. Seems very sensitive.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The latest update to the iPhone app created an error in estimated completion time for charging at home on the CSP. I charge at a reduced rate of 32 amps, so charging from 35% to 90% SOC takes about 10 hours. Estimated completion times have previously been accurate to within about 15 minutes. After the update, the completion time was under-estimated by about 4 hours.
Same here. It’s like they can’t get this App right. It’s frustrating.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass 4.27.0 update IMG_2020

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
At the moment my parameters are charge to 90% immediately when plugged in, going to test timed limited window to confirm what you folks are seeing.

swajames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Technology and software development
Charge time is off on mine too. With 4.27.0 it's significantly misreporting the estimated time of charge completion.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Remote Start is flaky

After starting the app does not refresh to display to show countdown timer, after a force stop of the app it shows the count down, but at times stops altogether.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Ok good, I thought it was just me with the charge time being off. I was wondering how I have 10% more to charge and it will be completed 2 hours ago. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
I've experienced the same thing. Came here looking for the answer. Once again this forum and it's members come through.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Serious Question

Why can’t they get their shit together? Do they not test these updates before sending them out? WTF
Been like this since they launched it. I've used FordPass since we purchased our 2017 Escape back in 2016. I wouldn't expect anything to change until they clean house on whomever is doing the programming.

This is what the Early Access people could be utilized for. Let us download and test new updates. Then we can report the problems with it and have them fixed before rolling them out to the general public.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Been like this since they launched it. I've used FordPass since we purchased our 2017 Escape back in 2016. I wouldn't expect anything to change until they clean house on whomever is doing the programming.

This is what the Early Access people could be utilized for. Let us download and test new updates. Then we can report the problems with it and have them fixed before rolling them out to the general public.
That certainly can’t happen.

It’s too much like how a professional coding company would do it.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Remote Start is flaky

After starting the app does not refresh to display to show countdown timer, after a force stop of the app it shows the count down, but at times stops altogether.
Good morning- I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
4.27 still missing a lot of charging and driving log entries. Why does not the charging rate show after the charge is complete? Shows if you see FordPass while charging. @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.