• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
I just updated my FordPass and noticed they are now showing the Tesla Magic Dock location too. Just like Rivian.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass App 4.25.0 released w/ Charge Rate Indicator! C39E5D35-BFB8-4C25-B798-2D68EA9E968F
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
DC charging session on a 150kw system at EA.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass App 4.25.0 released w/ Charge Rate Indicator! SmartSelect_20230325_010024_FordPass

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
What amperage is the circuit your emporia is connected too? I don't remember getting almost 18 kw but I think I'm on a 60 amp circuit.
100 amp breaker with correctly sized conductors.
My FCSP is set up for max 80 amp service but passes ~ 75 amps at peak load.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Working and shows speed with my 3rd party Emporia charger

EDCEDE31-3261-40FD-A479-F5DA162CD5B3.jpeg
How do I get this (charge session) screen? I can’t find it on my mobile app.

p.s. I am charging with Ford mobile charger.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
How do I get this (charge session) screen? I can’t find it on my mobile app.

p.s. I am charging with Ford mobile charger.
When you open FordPass and your truck is charging, there will be a banner on the bottom with your estimated finish time. There is a details button on the banner. That brings this page up.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
When you open FordPass and your truck is charging, there will be a banner on the bottom with your estimated finish time. There is a details button on the banner. That brings this page up.
I am charging now and this is what I see:

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass App 4.25.0 released w/ Charge Rate Indicator! 1679873931250

On Truck’s connectivity, I have data sharing and analytics turned on. Location was off but I think I turned it on and didn’t see a difference.

App version: 4.25.0 on Android 13

Edit: Found it. I have to share my Driving data under connectivity in the truck to see charging information in the app. Who would have thought. Trying to turn on and off different connectivity features has been quite revealing on communication and development skills of Ford software team. I am hoping it is just incompetence not intentional attempt to force people to share data by taking basic functionality hostage.

p.s. It shows plugged in time when I turned on the driving data sharing. Not when I actually plugged in. It shows all other values incorrectly based on that. The truck however shows the correct start charge time.

Last edited:

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The rate for home charging is voltage (usually around 220v) x charger current setting (usually 40A on NEMA 48-50 outlet); so, 8.8kW from start to finish (rate doesn’t throttle down like in fast DC charging, so there’s really no need to monitor home charging rated ).

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The rate for home charging is voltage (usually around 220v) x charger current setting (usually 40A on NEMA 48-50 outlet); so, 8.8kW from start to finish (rate doesn’t throttle down like in fast DC charging, so there’s really no need to monitor home charging rated ).
It does throttle down on home EVSE especially after 90%, the closer it gets to 100% the slower the pace of charging.

See this thread for a 77-100% energy consumption (charging) curve
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/charging-loss-or-some-other-issue.14990/post-308981

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass App 4.25.0 released w/ Charge Rate Indicator! 1679668548120-

Last edited:

Sponsored

flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, Rivian R1S
That’s exactly what I put on my survey. Even if they put half of the features it would be a step forward.
I stated the same. My ask was to just tell me if the doors are locked since the walk away lock with PAAK is not an option on the F150. I hear it functions that way on the Mach-E.

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
Well looks like it doesn’t do charge rate for home charging. Maybe it’s different for public AC charging? Just updated the app and started charging the truck to see. @Ford Motor Company We need this info for both slow AC and fast DC charging. Why? As you said truck buyers like data And Because public charging sucks. So frustrating just relying on an estimated time to finish. I do like the new logo though.
When I do home charging (Level 2) the app shows me the 6 kW rate. I'm using an iPhone.

Now all we need is for the truck itself to show the rate on the dash during charging...

bpcunning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning XLT, ‘20 Explorer ST
Occupation
EVA Tools Engineer

Edit: Found it. I have to share my Driving data under connectivity in the truck to see charging information in the app. Who would have thought. Trying to turn on and off different connectivity features has been quite revealing on communication and development skills of Ford software team. I am hoping it is just incompetence not intentional attempt to force people to share data by taking basic functionality hostage.

p.s. It shows plugged in time when I turned on the driving data sharing. Not when I actually plugged in. It shows all other values incorrectly based on that. The truck however shows the correct start charge time.
Thank you for mentioning Driving Data 🙌. I've been assuming I didn't have the charge or trip logs because of the modem issue or a software update that didn't finish or who knows what. Turning that back on in the truck the app now says I plugged in 1641 hours ago (I guess that's when it was toggled off) but I'm now getting charge rate and logs. They really need better descriptions of those toggles or even just a hint in the app that it needs to be on.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
This would be a fantastic addition! Too many blown circuit breakers.
Agree 💯 yes FORD really really needs to open up and just implement this very basic feature.
Sponsored