• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Just joined the forum to say Thank you to Ford for this update- Brings the Lightning closer to the functionality of the Tesla - We've had our '22 Lighting for a year and love it, but always are comparing it's software to Tesla- (we own both) This is a big step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. Thanks again Ford
I truly donā€™t understand what the improvement is with this version. So many features have been removed . Yet the only thing added was climate controls (and btw, some of us with heated steering wheels canā€™t control it from the new app. The button doesnā€™t exist)
So overall, this is a HUGE downgrade.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've been able to get the Location & Public Charging buttons to work after clearing the cache and force stopping the app.

These buttons will work for for a couple of hit's, then resume non-responsiveness.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.2] 1716647715932-6m
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.2] 1716647733441-kx

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
@Ford Motor Company

Thank you for cleaning up the app. There are some nice improvements ... and disappointing omissions. I do encourage you to read and fully consider the owner comments in this thread. You have a group of expert app users here who are volunteering their time to help you improve the app.

One extra feature many of us have repeatedly asked for is 12 Volt SOC display. It would be an excellent addition in FordPass 5.0.1.

Sponsored

DatOleMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat and 2022 Mach e Premium
Finding the odometer reminds me of snipe hunting on Boy Scout camp-outs.
It reminds of tapping the Service and Vehicle Health icons. Yaā€™ll are so dramatic about a little change. Theyā€™ll probably add the Trip Planning and Zone Lighting on the next update. Itā€™s almost Summerā€¦. theyā€™ll probably add the heated steering wheel before itā€™s needed.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
On the Energy tab of new app it says you can adjust the limit at any time. It show 100%. I try to adjust it lower and just get a "busy bar" moving back and forth like it is talking to the truck. After a minute or so it just times out and stays at 100%.
From the design and the wording it would imply that this is a way to force a manual "charge now" outside of your typical charge window similar to the old "charge to 100%". The slider is labeled "Adjust target charge at anytime" which to me says you can adjust your desired limit for that manual "charge now" session. The problem... IT DOESNT WORK!!! I am experiencing the same as you.... move the slider.... there is a blue line that moves back and forth on the top of the screen implying the change is in progress and then it craps out and just sits at 100%. What a freaking joke... It's honestly just pathetic.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.2] IMG_7489D92BE472-1

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.2] IMG_2117FBC09AFF-1

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Haven't downloaded it but have been testing the EA beta. It was missing functionality as discussed plus no odometer which I liked having. I did report these missing features after each sub-release.
odometer can be found under Service/vehicle health

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
And the odometer reading. What a stupid thing to omit.

EDIT: OK, I found the odometer reading. It's buried on vehicle health page.

But

You

Have

To

Scroll

Down

To

See

It
I didn't (android user)

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
I like the new interface (Dark Mode is quite nice), single touch (not hold) activation, and the climate controls are great for pets (if it stays on?). However, I have some confusion/comments on the following:

- For Android does "Start" now only preconditions the battery and not the cabin (Do I need to also use the climate controls)?

- The second most important/common thing I do with this app is change my charge rate limit. I would really prefer to just click on "Charge Stopped" on the main screen to increase the limit (to 100%), instead of selecting "Energy" and fighting the slider (90% to 100% works, but smaller adjustments are funky). Also, when I adjust it, it seems to adjust the default target charge for the location, which it should not.

- The selection of "Energy / Charge / Public Charging" does NOTHING even though both "Share Charging Access" and "Plug & Charge" are on (which should not be a prerequisite). Assuming trip planning is somewhere under this non-working feature?

- On Android, pressing "Location" does NOTHING (the app has permission to location services). I have cleared the cache and force stopped the app with no change.

- Earlier in the thread someone mentioned remote camera access via the new app. Where do I find that?

- A button fro Pro Power and Zone Lighting would be great under the Remote Controls icon

- If adding Pro Power controls please allow adjustment of limits of battery use (I use this for power outages, mostly in winter)

- The app knows about my FCSP, but shows "Connection Lost", so will have to go back through that setup...

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
- The app knows about my FCSP, but shows "Connection Lost", so will have to go back through that setup...
Mine is showing on line {Plugged in}, but this might be a Ford cloud outage................ wait 24 hours + before making a change, you could try rebooting the FCSP and your wifi network before trying a reconfiguration.

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.2] IMG_4747
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.2] IMG_4751
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.2] IMG_4748

JoshF150

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 xlt 2023
I scroll down but donā€™t see any way to adjust the temp or turn on my heated seats. I guess the PROs donā€™t get this feature. Bummer
IMG_2928.png
Mine looks like yours canā€™t figure out why

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Self Serve/IBA car wash owner
I would like the ability to roll up my windows and perhaps even down from the app! (including the back sliding window)It is so freaking hot and humid here in the Dallas area that I leave them cracked sometimes but weā€™re also getting a lot of evening storms so I would like to be able to just roll them up from the app!!
Is there a forum for future updates we would like to see?? I thought I saw it when I first joined, but I did a search and could not find it!?
ā€¦ oh, I forgotā€¦overall I like the new app it is certainly much faster and I like the features but agree with previous posts they need to bring some of the other stuff back.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I would like the ability to roll up my windows and perhaps even down from the app! (including the back sliding window)It is so freaking hot and humid here in the Dallas area that I leave them cracked sometimes but weā€™re also getting a lot of evening storms so I would like to be able to just roll them up from the app!!
Is there a forum for future updates we would like to see?? I thought I saw it when I first joined, but I did a search and could not find it!?
ā€¦ oh, I forgotā€¦overall I like the new app it is certainly much faster and I like the features but agree with previous posts they need to bring some of the other stuff back.
We are all hoping this is it. šŸ˜Š
Sponsored