• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Anybody figure out how, when you can actually get it to display, to refresh the location of a vehicle? I like to check the location of the wife's Mach-E when she's on her way home from work, so I can have dinner ready before she gets home.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Anybody figure out how, when you can actually get it to display, to refresh the location of a vehicle? I like to check the location of the wife's Mach-E when she's on her way home from work, so I can have dinner ready before she gets home.
Clearing the cache works initially, then it locks up again

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Clearing the cache works initially, then it locks up again
Does that update the vehicle location too, or just allow the location window to open with the old location?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Does that update the vehicle location too, or just allow the location window to open with the old location?
Makes the app respond to the request to view the location map.

I'm not seeing an issue with location point accuracy, when I look at my truck location, it's showing accurately. Are you looking for interval updates, like the wifes vehicle in motion as she is making her way home?

IIRC, the locator announcement occurs with keyon/keyoff events only.

Next time you know she's driving, send a LOCK DOOR request, she might not even notice, possibly that could trigger the location announcement?????

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
5.0 Useless!!! :thumbsdown:

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Yep! Proof positive we all have one!

Personally, I Love it! đź‘Ť

Last edited:

Tom M

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2022 Kia EV6 Wind
Occupation
Pilot, Instructor
Have used the new FordPass app over the last several days. I like it.
- Google map integration with Public charger activation worked well
- Data available while charging

As a few of you have mentioned missing items from the old app:
- Pro Power Onboard control
- Zone Lighting
- Trip Planner
- Shrink F-150 truck pic on home page

These are the unique items that I would like see return.

I appreciate the perspective of the software/app professionals in the comments. Deleting items that are less frequently used probably makes sense for simplicity and cost. I carefully considered it while driving this weekend and maybe they weren’t used in the old app version because they were too difficult to access or understand in the app.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
When I go to Location it shows me the location of the truck on a map. When I click directions at the bottom, it gives me the options of apple maps, google maps, or waze. Whichever one I click on just brings up directions to my trucks current location like I am trying to find the truck.

I do not see any trip planning options anywhere in the app.
Mine goes directly to Waze, my least preferred App for directions. Cannot figure out how to change this. The updated App plain sucks. Still have not been able to connect phone as a key. And I did not choose to update my app, mine updated automatically.

First Name
Jansen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Snow Removal, Landscaping
The new app LOOKS nice. I definitely feel like it was a bit rushed. Old features in FordPass 4 should all be in here, and some things that currently exist should be streamlined already.

I lost the ability to send feedback and revert to the old FordPass for comparison, so I'm hoping Ford Motor Company can read this:

All information regarding the vehicle should be viewable without further actions from the Vehicles tab. Including vehicle location. I understand that the location is currently in the Location menu, but for the most part, I don't need to see the map to know it's location if I'm the only driver and should know where my own truck is

I know Driving History used to be a feature in FordPass 4 but was then removed—I think it should come back. It would be nice to have a history to compare how much energy is expended by different speeds or directions, Nd being able to share it with heaps of information, like a speed/time graph.
Speaking of information and graphs, how about a charging graph? Showing kW over time. Nice to see history if a charger throttles down while one may be passed out sleeping.

General idea, but it would be nice if we can set Charge Limit by time and by the amount of kilowatts one might want added, rather than just percentage of battery. Sometimes I just want an hour's charge of $20, or I know I want to only spend $20 at a Level 3 charger whose rate is $0.50/kW

Would be nice to be able to close all windows when parked, if that's an available option.

Please give WearOS/Android Watch users an application too.

Will post again if I can think of more.

EDIT: Totally forgot.
You can tap of the lock and unlock buttons to control the vehicle still if FordPass is connected via Bluetooth, but if you don't have data or internet, the icons, much like most other information, is seen as loading which makes it seems as the buttons are unavailable.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.2] Screenshot_20240527_151428_FordPass

Last edited:

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Mine goes directly to Waze, my least preferred App for directions. Cannot figure out how to change this. The updated App plain sucks. Still have not been able to connect phone as a key. And I did not choose to update my app, mine updated automatically.
That all sounds odd to me. Mine went to Apple Map when I opened it for the first time. My PAAK worked without issue after the update as well. Seems really odd that we would have such different experiences.

Are you using Apple or Android for your phone?

Sponsored

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
ok may be a stupid question but is there a dark mode on iOS version of FordPass? I can't seem to find it anywhere and my phone is set to dark mode system wide.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Mine is not connecting. Does not update charging and lock/ unlock not functional.

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I can't find it. That's the first thing I searched for. I use that all the time.
Best I can figure is you press the directions button at the bottom of the location. And then pick Google maps or Apple Maps and plan your trip that way and get in the truck. I don't see a way to send it to the truck with a route.
I end up always using Apple Maps since it integrates with the truck. But to change charging stops is very cumbersome. And if you do it on the Ford NAV.....forget about it.

Last edited:

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
That all sounds odd to me. Mine went to Apple Map when I opened it for the first time. My PAAK worked without issue after the update as well. Seems really odd that we would have such different experiences.

Are you using Apple or Android for your phone?
Android phone. Still going directly to Waze maps with no way to redirect to Google Maps.

PAAK- deleted my phone, and reinstalled. Still no go. Phone would not open or close the frunk lid. Deleted the phone 2 more times and reinstalled PAAK, and it finally worked. Some buggy software. It should not be this difficult.
Sponsored