• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Limited Access to new superchargers? Bennington VT Example

Grimsvotn

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 xlt ER
I don’t have the supercharger update on my truck and have been using the Tesla app to check out available superchargers. I can’t get it to see the brand new supercharger in Bennington VT. I wonder how/when/if tesla will enable brand new superchargers for non-teslas on the app. Has anyone else noticed a newly opened supercharger that can’t be seen on the Tesla app? Can Tesla owners see this Bennington charger?
Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
This one in Suffolk, VA opened 84 days ago. It’s got V4 pedestals with MagicDock and it’s only open to Teslas. There’s also an even newer V3 in Blacksburg, VA that isn’t open either.

Ford F-150 Lightning Limited Access to new superchargers?  Bennington VT Example IMG_0377

OP
OP

Grimsvotn

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 xlt ER
I wonder - Do these stations show up in the truck’s Nav if they have the Tesla update? Edit: Or in charge assist?

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Can Tesla owners see this Bennington charger?
It's only open to Tesla customers at the moment, though it may be a new site, it has probably not received the modifications to make open to NACS adapter customers.

I'm waiting for a brand new Majoic Dock site in Mansfield Mass to open, has not been commissioned yet though all the equipment is in place.

Ford F-150 Lightning Limited Access to new superchargers?  Bennington VT Example 1710987414615-ih

Sponsored

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
It's a bummer that the Superchargers in Brattleboro and West Lebanon are not open to NACS adapters. Basically the whole I-91 corridor remains lacking in DCFC. I know that both of those SC sites have a mixture of V2 and V3 stalls, which is probably why the lack of access. Hopefully they will soon enough become available. It's so ironic that I've been waiting for NACS access for so long, yet those are the 2 SC stations that I would need the most for most of my trips! 😫

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I don’t have the supercharger update on my truck and have been using the Tesla app to check out available superchargers.
This is a little of topic, but you don't need supercharger update to use fordpass for supercharger. Only for Plug&Charge. Eligible superchargers should be listed in fordpass as of the lat fordpass update.

jberg150

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 lightning xlt
It's a bummer that the Superchargers in Brattleboro and West Lebanon are not open to NACS adapters. Basically the whole I-91 corridor remains lacking in DCFC. I know that both of those SC sites have a mixture of V2 and V3 stalls, which is probably why the lack of access. Hopefully they will soon enough become available. It's so ironic that I've been waiting for NACS access for so long, yet those are the 2 SC stations that I would need the most for most of my trips! 😫
I was waiting on those chargers too! Hope they upgrade them soon.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
There are at least 3 reasons why a Tesla SuperCharger location won't be open for non-Teslas:

1) Older V2 chargers that cannot support the communication.
2) Chargers lack the software update required to charge non-Teslas.
3) Chargers that are totally compatible, but Tesla doesn't want them overloaded, at least yet. They are NOT opening every compatible location at this time.

DavePastry

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning XLT
Occupation
property management

ah, so you've also suffered at that terrible EA station in that walmart parking lot lol.

Sponsored

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
ah, so you've also suffered at that terrible EA station in that walmart parking lot lol.
Haha yup, many times. I've had some very good experiences and some pretty bad ones. It's still my best bet on that route.

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
North Springfield VT has an Enel X Green Mountain Power charger on precision drive, which I used several times with a credit card, but now it’s not available to the public. A real bummer given the desperate need up there.
can’t imagine why Green Mountain Power would do that

Ford F-150 Lightning Limited Access to new superchargers?  Bennington VT Example IMG_9072

OP
OP

Grimsvotn

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 xlt ER
Update: The Bennington VT supercharger now says its open to ford vehicles with a NACS adapter! Lets hope VT gets some more charging sites soon. The eclipse was a bit of a challenge for EV owners as the state was totally overrun.

Last edited:

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
It looks like Brattleboro is a combination of v2 and v3 superchargers. Also checked and White River jct/West Lebanon is also combo v2/v3. Are they opening combination sites to CCS/NACS adapter users? Opening to other makes would not have helped yesterday. The waits were super long (according to plug share) after the eclipse (and before for people going north). Thank goodness we got to watch from our front yard with no additional travel necessary. I should have allowed people to charge from my garage for $$$$$ throughout the day.
Sponsored