• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red
Someone posted it to Lighting sub on Reddit early in the morning and I just happened to see that as it happened. so I jumped into the Fordpass app to order as soon as I saw that. Ended up with order #936, shipping by April it says. Not sure where it got reported first, not here... heh.

I don't know how people first found it other than randomly obsessed people checking the app in case it does.

Ford should have made the FordPass app push a notification to everyone that the adapter is available to order.
I found out from Jim Farley on X he tweeted about 7:55am EDT. I had added him to my notifications thankfully. I got my reservation in around 8am and was in the low 500's.
Sponsored

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Someone posted it to Lighting sub on Reddit early in the morning and I just happened to see that as it happened. so I jumped into the Fordpass app to order as soon as I saw that. Ended up with order #936, shipping by April it says. Not sure where it got reported first, not here... heh.

I don't know how people first found it other than randomly obsessed people checking the app in case it does.

Ford should have made the FordPass app push a notification to everyone that the adapter is available to order.
I saw a post on Reddit that said he found it in connected services and that he couldnt reserve it yet. I tried and got #30 so I'd be willing to bet that was the first report.

ScottyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning XLT
I ordered yesterday and received my confirmation email (order number in the 7000's). When I click the link in the email to see order status I get an error. I am in Canada so I get routed to ford.ca, and I the error says "Oops something went wrong". I tried different browsers with no luck. Is anyone else from Canada who has a successful confirmation email getting the same error as me?

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
So this is the official adapter for nacs to ccs1 (DCFC) is there an OFFICIAL adapter for nacs to j1772(Tesla destination chargers)?
Tesla Tap and A2Z make that adapter. I have both in the 80amp capacity and the both work well. Smithfield Chicken and BBQ restaurants around me all have 80amp destination chargers for free so I would definitely get an 80amp version so you can utilize the 80amp destination chargers that are out there.

Sponsored

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
Tesla Tap and A2Z make that adapter. I have both in the 80amp capacity and the both work well. Smithfield Chicken and BBQ restaurants around me all have 80amp destination chargers for free so I would definitely get an 80amp version so you can utilize the 80amp destination chargers that are out there.

Yes these are 3rd party adapters I was just wondering if there was an OFFICIAL one endorsed by Tesla or ford for using Tesla destination chargers.

123XYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I am sure earth is more at fault for rotating than sun is for shining if you plan to sue.

p.s. this should settle the L.A. vs New York argument.
I'm going to sue Ford. They should have opened for reservations around 11:00 pm PST. That would have been much more fair.

ETA: I agree there is no argument for LA over NY... Because San Francisco is a thing.

123XYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I'm going to sue Ford. They should have opened for reservations around 11:00 pm PST. That would have been much more fair.
I am in Canda and I am getting this same error when I click the link in the confirmation email
How unfair it's it that Ford forgot that Canada exists again? They've had factories there forever and they still give the Canadians no respect.

123XYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
So this is the official adapter for nacs to ccs1 (DCFC) is there an OFFICIAL adapter for nacs to j1772(Tesla destination chargers)?
Isn't this the "OFFICIAL adapter for nacs to j1772(Tesla destination chargers)?" It has all the NACS contacts on one side and all the J1772 contacts on the other. Why wouldn't it enable both?

bub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Plat
I am in Canda and I am getting this same error when I click the link in the confirmation email
How unfair it's it that Ford forgot that Canada exists again? They've had factories there forever and they still give the Canadians no respect.
All canadians are getting the error clicking on the email order status button. Yeah seems they forgot we exist.

Someone on the FB lighting canada group mentioned if you remove the everything from "emailid" and onwards in the URL it works. It does for me. Not sure if that causes any different or missing infromation to be present though.

I'm getting a shipping estimate of July for order number 9937 even though people here are reporting May/June for order numbers around 10k.

Sponsored

123XYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Tesla drivers are like The Borg from Star Trek. They will ignore you as long as they think you are not a threat. As soon as you disrupt their natural order, they will attack and assimilate you.
Own a Tesla and can confirm. Actually, people are sometimes more sociable at the rare small Supercharger sites, but at the big ones, it's pretty much the Borg.

kab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER (Atlas Blue)
Isn't this the "OFFICIAL adapter for nacs to j1772(Tesla destination chargers)?" It has all the NACS contacts on one side and all the J1772 contacts on the other. Why wouldn't it enable both?
it does not have the J1772 contacts (there are only three pins in the circle up top, not 5)
Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 1709312440893

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
An adapter can't do both. And as @kab showed, there aren't contacts. Here is another pic from Tom's video. Note, even though the A2Z has the AC spots, they are not connected and can't be used for AC charging (i.e., destination chargers).
Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 1709313272518

Reactions: kab

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I find it odd that they enabled the access without any supply of adapters ready to go. Good for a slow ramp up to test for any issues I guess

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I got the OTA update in the truck, and updated the Tesla app and FordPass yesterday. Plug & Charge is on.

Went to my local Supercharger last night with my A2Z adapter, plugged in, and got “Plugged in and not charging” in FordPass.

Double checked the adapter, fired up the Tesla app, picked the station number, and it fired right up. Don’t know if I needed to wait a bit longer for Plug & Charge, but it worked.

The only unusual thing about the experience (aside from easing the front bumper right up to the charging pedestal) was the lack of interest from other drivers. I don’t DC charge all that often, but there has always been a little chat between drivers, asking questions about different vehicles or charging experiences. Showed off the frunk more than once. This Supercharger station was mostly full, and a couple of cars came and went while I was there. None of the Tesla drivers were interested in the pickup truck that was plugging in and charging (and restricting access to the next pedestal). I guess the novelty has worn off.
Five of them completely ignore the dude in the Silver Lightning last evening, just sitting in their cars reading e-books or what-ever, granted it was still windy and cold out.
Sponsored