• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New NC map shows proposed sites for EV charging stations

OP
OP
sfringer

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I haven't had need to plan a trip out that way since getting my Lightning, but have seen others here comment on the lack of infrastructure out that way. So will be nice if those proposed locations come to life.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Interesting, I hope this roll out improves my plans to visit The Rock {Rockingham Dragway} some day.

derm

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Sport 4x4; Ordered F-150 Lighting Larit
NC still sucks on the east coast to the outerbanks. 85 miles from I64 in Virginia (norfolk/Chesapeake to outbanks) and not one DC charger in route. Surprised to see nothing planned, tourist from NY, PA, Jersy and Northern VA can't take an EV to the OBX. Hoping Walmart steps up in Kitty Hawk

Last edited:

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
That’s good. It’s a charging desert east of I 95 in North Carolina.
It’s not all that much better to the west of it either. Once I get halfway through Virginia it gets to be slim pickings.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
They really need to put something in the Nags Head area. This is one of the top tourist areas on the east coast and they have charging stations that will get you there but then you’re stuck with level 1 or 2 to get enough to go home. I was hoping Circle K would put chargers at one of their stores out there but they seem to put theirs near where others are already in place.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Interesting, I hope this roll out improves my plans to visit The Rock {Rockingham Dragway} some day.
You’re already good to get to Rockingham. I-95 and US 74 are well covered. The bigger problem is getting through Virginia south of Fredericksburg. The only EA in Richmond has been a disaster for months and it went completely offline this week.

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
NC still sucks on the east coast to the outerbanks. 85 miles from I64 in Virginia (norfolk/Chesapeake to outbreaks) and not one DC charger in route. Surprised to see nothing planned, tourist from NY, PA, Jersy and Northern VA can't take an EV to the OBX. Hoping Walmart steps up in Kitty Hawk
Yeah - we live in PA and OBX is one of our summer getaways…I could get there but then need to find a beach house that has level 2 (or a 240 in the garage or utility area) or use the level 2s at the outlet mall…not the best options!

derm

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah - we live in PA and OBX is one of our summer getaways…I could get there but then need to find a beach house that has level 2 (or a 240 in the garage or utility area) or use the level 2s at the outlet mall…not the best options!
If you are in Duck and have a J1772 tesla adapter, Bluepoint resturant has free tesla destination charger, and the Brewing Station down at Mile post 8 has free charges (2 tesla and 1 J1772) both at about 7kw.

I have a 50' 50amp extention cord with a dryer adapter and bring my home charger, to my vacation house. works fine but would still prefer a DC fast charger in route.

Sponsored

derm

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
and Kilmarlic golf course has 2 free tesla chargers at 8kw.

derm

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You’re already good to get to Rockingham. I-95 and US 74 are well covered. The bigger problem is getting through Virginia south of Fredericksburg. The only EA in Richmond has been a disaster for months and it went completely offline this week.
EV at Spotsylvania Mall is good and reliable....use that for DC trips

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
EV at Spotsylvania Mall is good and reliable....use that for DC trips
Yeah, I’m headed from Raleigh to Lake Anna this weekend and I’m either going to have to go Spotsylvania and backtrack or spend some time at one of the crappy EVGos or Chargepoints in Richmond.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
We spent the Thanksgiving week there and had to spend some time at the Outer Banks Brewery level 2 and keep it plugged in the 120 outlet at the house all week. It was really annoying to see the 12 brand new empty Tesla Superchargers at the mall that for some reason they decided not to put Magicdocks on. The mall was granted money from the VW settlement to install 2 CCS chargers so I was surprised when they put in the Tesla stations.

derm

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We spent the Thanksgiving week there and had to spend some time at the Outer Banks Brewery level 2 and keep it plugged in the 120 outlet at the house all week. It was really annoying to see the 12 brand new empty Tesla Superchargers at the mall that for some reason they decided not to put Magicdocks on. The mall was granted money from the VW settlement to install 2 CCShe chargers so I was surprised when they put in the Tesla stations.
Are you talking the Outlet mall down by Manteo? Greenbrier Mall in Chesapeake has 2 EVgo in back. but that is 80miles from OBX
Sponsored