• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

On 4.2.1 but still have old interface - How do I get the new one?

PrivateJoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER, Telsa MY, 12 Leaf, 18 Leaf
Everyone is talking of a new interface. I received the 4.1.2 update, and last week 4.2.1.

But I still do not have any of the UI changes. What gives?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Ford F-150 Lightning On 4.2.1 but still have old interface - How do I get the new  one? DfyV0k8U0AA_cjw

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Everyone is talking of a new interface. I received the 4.1.2 update, and last week 4.2.1.

But I still do not have any of the UI changes. What gives?
I suspect it will come in time, the recent updates were to fix a glitch, many folks in this special loop have experienced exactly what you observed.

Now the catch-up process begins, just need to wait for it to come in a pretty random method of distribution.

OP
OP

PrivateJoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not exactly a question of speed. I was under the impression that the UI change and the software version where somehow related. Clearly they are divorced somehow.

So I don't understand how to even know when and if I will receive it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clearly they are divorced somehow.

It is & we are all in the same mystery box.

Sponsored
OP
OP

PrivateJoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It is & we are all in the same mystery box.
I don't understand how you can have someone on version 4.2.1 and someone else on 4.1.3 with the person on 4.2.1 having less features.

Ford has a very *cough* unique version numbering system.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I don't understand how you can have someone on version 4.2.1 and someone else on 4.1.3 with the person on 4.2.1 having less features.

Ford has a very *cough* unique version numbering system.
They are definitely non-sequential based on prior experiences, and not linearly dependent.

Who knows for sure, either you will eventually receive 4.1.3 (visual enhancements) or it might go out to the catch-up groups as a 4.3.x or maybe 4.4.x, it's a guess exactly what is coming next.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
My truck jumped to 4.2.1 last night, but seemingly nothing happened. I don't have Youtube streaming, can't figure out the screen resizing thing, the center knob still only controls the volume, etc.

What gives?
4.2.1 is bug fixes, nothing ui related.

Ford isn't updating all vehicles at once to test stability I would assume.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Does anyone NOT in the EAP have the new interface?

Maybe the 4.1.X updates were for EAP and 4.2.X updates were for the public. 4.1.1 and 4.2.1 were nearly identical, which means 4.2.2 would bring new interface and 4.2.3 Will bring YT, etc.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery

Maybe the 4.1.X updates were for EAP and 4.2.X updates were for the public. 4.1.1 and 4.2.1 were nearly identical, which means 4.2.2 would bring new interface and 4.2.3 Will bring YT, etc.
Not in EAP, but I had the new UI at delivery on 02/07, and got 4.2.1 on 3/15.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Not exactly a question of speed. I was under the impression that the UI change and the software version where somehow related. Clearly they are divorced somehow.

You have a '23 model correct?

What is your Sync version now?

I thought all the '23 model trucks came with the new Sync UI just like the '23 model Mach-E's did.

Admittedly, they had/have a version that didn't initially include the dedicated video softbutton on the top row left side...but in all other respects their Sync was the "new UI". And now for those '23 model Mach-E's they are all getting the same Sync 713 that brings them the video button that the 21/22 Mach-E's have had since Sync 640.

Today I checked fDRS and saw I had an APIM update for my truck (surprise!) and started it up to move it to the garage and saw that I had also just gotten PowerUp 4.2.1 today.

I'm doing the APIM update as I write this and am currently waiting the "10 minutes with the vehicle off and driver's door open" time to expire before starting back up to see what the new version is and if there are any noticeable differences. (It might be Sync 713 for the Lightning now, we'll see).

Edit: 4.2.1 on the Mach-E was a gateway (GWM) update that tweaked some things about being able to get into the car with a keyfob while a disabling update was being done (and other stuff) The notes on the one I just got today say the same thing...So I'm guessing it's also a GWM update on the Lightning. I'll check that in a few minutes and see.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm not in the EAP but got the interface update and got every update in sequential order, though a little delayed from the initial waves at each stage, I kind of like being in the middle of the pack...... BTW 4.2.1 just came in today for my truck 23 days after it hit the streets.
Sponsored