• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone as a Key issue

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
I’m in the same boat. 7/25 build with 3.1 power up and says no update available. Has anyone asked ford @Ford Motor Company what is supposed to happen?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I’m in the same boat. 7/25 build with 3.1 power up and says no update available. Has anyone asked ford @Ford Motor Company what is supposed to happen?
Make sure you configured the truck to connect to your home WiFi so that the updates stream to the truck potentially faster than the built-in OTA telematics connection. Wait a few days/weeks for the truck to catch up with current power-up's

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
Make sure you configured the truck to connect to your home WiFi so that the updates stream to the truck potentially faster than the built-in OTA telematics connection. Wait a few days/weeks for the truck to catch up with current power-up's
I checked all those buttons and setup a profile. I just wish there was a "update coming" notification instead of a "your up to date" when its not up to date.

OP
OP

white lightnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
As an update, I have been using PAAK exclusively since it became available. I do not take any physical key with me. It has worked flawlessly. Kudos to ford.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
For the folks that PAAK is working, do you have window buttons on the phone? Frunk? Tailgate? Can anyone with PAAK post an image of how it looks when its implemented?

I am at 3.1 and 411 on the Sync4.

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key issue IMG_1484.PNG
Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key issue IMG_1483.PNG

Sponsored

jimallen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key issue Screenshot_20220924-110242

Window buttons: No
Frunk/Tailgate buttons: Yes

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key issue Screenshot_20220924-110307

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key issue Screenshot_20220924-110321

The magic is on the Vehicle tab in FordPass, under the Features and Settings dropdown. There is a tile for Paak Key Settings. You can view the list of phones set up as keys and delete them from there. The rest of the setup/management in done on the screen in the truck.

At least on Android, there is a persistent notification from FordPass labeled Phone As A Key, showing the status of PAAK connection to the vehicle.

In operation, there isn't any screen display/action on the phone. It just connects when in range.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Anyone that has got their PAAK working... what am I doing wrong?

Greyed out in the truck, and nothing about setting up a key in Ford Pass.

Software version 3.5.2

PAAK.PNG
This is the place where you add a phone to a profile, since it's grayed out do you have a phone linked to the vehicle via bluetooth? That's the first step you have to take to activate PAAK. it works via bluetooth to the truck. I have a 7/25 blend date Lariat ER and was able to set up the PAAK immediately after I linked my phone to the car. Linking the phone to the profile I think it separate.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
Thanks for posting that. I dont have those options available in fordpass under features and setting; Scales, PAAK, and Trailer hitch. I was a 7/25 as well so I guess I am waiting for @Ford Motor Company to fix this on some set of trucks from that week. At least it showed up. :)

Screenshot_20220924-110242.png
Window buttons: No

Frunk/Tailgate buttons: Yes

Screenshot_20220924-110307.png
Screenshot_20220924-110321.png
The magic is on the Vehicle tab in FordPass, under the Features and Settings dropdown. There is a tile for Paak Key Settings. You can view the list of phones set up as keys and delete them from there. The rest of the setup/management in done on the screen in the truck.

At least on Android, there is a persistent notification from FordPass labeled Phone As A Key, showing the status of PAAK connection to the vehicle.

In operation, there isn't any screen display/action on the phone. It just connects when in range.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
My truck just updated to 3.5.2 but still no PAAK. @jimallen what version is your truck?

jimallen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
My truck just updated to 3.5.2 but still no PAAK. @jimallen what version is your truck?
3.5.2. FordPass is 4.21.0. Build Date 7/29. PAAK was available when I picked the truck up on 8/27.

Sponsored

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
My Sync is still at 411, so perhaps that's the limitation. Still dont have phone as key, and did not notice a lot of one pedal changes after the update. @Ford Motor Company I would like one pedal available in the off road mode for my farming application!

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
To date in our Mach-e I have not been able to get it to accept any password I have been able to come up with. It errors out on anything I try saying it is not complex enough. I have tried over 20 characters with upper and lower case, symbols, and numbers. I eventually just gave up trying to set it up.
I can get it to take my password and then I confirm it. However it there errors out and says see a dealer.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I have realized the solution!

1. Take the battery out of one of your FOBs and hide it somewhere in your truck. Without the battery it won't ever confuse the situation or let someone easily start the truck when you are not around.

2. Live a PaaK key free life without worry of it "failing"!!!!!

3. If Paak or the passkey ever fails just stick the FOB in the emergency slot under the cupholder to start the truck (or replace the battery if you have stored it with the FOB).

In case you don't know, you can start the truck with a FOB with a dead or missing battery by sticking the FOB in the emergency slot below one of the main cup holders.
IMG_3620.jpeg
Actually the keyfob does not need a battery to work. In an emergency where your fob battery has died the fob is supposed to be placed in the little backup depression made for it and the truck's PATS system will read the fob even if the battery is dead. This is the same location you use to program additional keyfobs (if you want to add a third or fourth fob to the two you were given).

Reactions: GDN

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Your truck was made before July 25. We don't know the differences or hold up, but all those before are in the same boat. At this time - nothing we can do.
Updates. It's all about module updates.

My PAAK works and I've got a 9 May build date.
Sponsored