• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Poll - If you have your charge station pro installed is it working correctly ?

If your charge station pro is installed are you able to charge at 80 amps without errors ?

• Total voters

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I realize most of this thread was due to the overheating which was fixed with the firmware update. But I'm curious to know if anyone else is still having trouble with the FCSP as far as errors being thrown but it still charges. Several days this week, I'll hit my 85% target but I get an error just prior to it finishing charging that says there was a problem with the charger and it has to stop. 5 min later is a notification that I hit my target. It's very weird.

I have not had any issues so far since my installation a month ago.

*knocks on wood*
Sponsored

Citizen0

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Anti-Matter Blue
Occupation
CTO
I had to derate my CSP to 60 amps the day after I installed it. South Georgia is hot and humid. It's not a big deal as the truck easily charges overnight.

My biggest problem is it will not stay connected to WiFi. I tried setting it up initially. Would never come up in the app. Kill power and start over. Nope. Waited like 6 months and tried again. This time it did come up and connected. I was excited to track energy usage. Then it went down after about a week and is back to not being discoverable. I haven't reset it and checked again. I will try one more time, but after that I'm not going to bother.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I had to derate my CSP to 60 amps the day after I installed it. South Georgia is hot and humid. It's not a big deal as the truck easily charges overnight.

My biggest problem is it will not stay connected to WiFi. I tried setting it up initially. Would never come up in the app. Kill power and start over. Nope. Waited like 6 months and tried again. This time it did come up and connected. I was excited to track energy usage. Then it went down after about a week and is back to not being discoverable. I haven't reset it and checked again. I will try one more time, but after that I'm not going to bother.

My experience is exactly like yours. I tried for 2 weeks but was unsuccessful. Then I tried one day and it connected! I was very happy to finally have success. Then a few days later, the same thing... wifi didn't show charger again. I just said screw it. I may try again this weekend.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Once you've got the configuration set, yet later it seems to malfunction, just do a power cycle routine and wait a while, don't re-do the initial configuration process.

Most of the failures I've had are resolved with a simple power cycle, which triggers the FCSP to resume taking to the cloud server at Ford, eventually online status reappears on your FORDPASS, if your lucky cached data might also post, but most of the time it's lost.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Looks like I need to cycle her again.

Ford F-150 Lightning Poll - If you have your charge station pro installed is it working correctly ? SmartSelect_20230616_155243_FordPass

Last edited:

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Status today

Ford F-150 Lightning Poll - If you have your charge station pro installed is it working correctly ? SmartSelect_20230616_155449_FordPass

Last edited:

White Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Pharmacist | Pharmacy Owner
My FCSP charges the Lightning just fine at 80A, but it loses the connection to my home network every few days. It will reconnect after I power cycle the charger, but my biggest gripe is it's not recording power usage. Since it was installed seven months ago, it's only registered five Charge Events, but all of them incorrectly showed 0 kWh. I've had an open case with Ford for three months, and someone has been "checking in" with me every other week or so, but still no resolution.

I seem to remember the vertical bar below being blue when the charger is connected to my home network, but now it's gray.

Ford F-150 Lightning Poll - If you have your charge station pro installed is it working correctly ? IMG_4698
Ford F-150 Lightning Poll - If you have your charge station pro installed is it working correctly ? IMG_4708
Ford F-150 Lightning Poll - If you have your charge station pro installed is it working correctly ? IMG_4709

Last edited by a moderator:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The power cycle worked, but the other screen still shows a gray bar, IIRC it was blue when ready or actually connect & charging, I think they broke this indicator in the last release.

Ford F-150 Lightning Poll - If you have your charge station pro installed is it working correctly ? 1686963710816
Ford F-150 Lightning Poll - If you have your charge station pro installed is it working correctly ? 1686963730127

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
charger wires are not ran through conduit.
Brutal, the easiest solution is to run sheilded Teck cable. Conduit is dirt cheap but is a pain to install. Your install is a ridiculous fail. You can't run single wires outside of anything ffs.

Citizen0

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Anti-Matter Blue
Occupation
CTO
Thanks TaxmanHog!!! I checked the app this morning and the CSP was indeed back!

We’ve had bad storms with multiple hours of power outages across several days the last week. Those reboots did the trick. 🤣

Speaking of power outages. Sparky did FANTASTIC at powering the house. I only used the 110 outlets from the bed, but I was able to power the following with an estimated 15 days of runtime: 6 lamps (led bulbs), fridge/coffee pot, Starlink internet/router/AP, 50” tv/receiver/streamer, 34k btu window air conditioner.

The last day the power was mostly stable so I connected the truck back to the CSP to recharge Sparky, but left the items mentioned above running from the truck until I knew we were in the clear. It was a fantastic experience. Ford has done an excellent job with the Lightning’s backup power functionality.

Ford F-150 Lightning Poll - If you have your charge station pro installed is it working correctly ? IMG_4978
Once you've got the configuration set, yet later it seems to malfunction, just do a power cycle routine and wait a while, don't re-do the initial configuration process.

Most of the failures I've had are resolved with a simple power cycle, which triggers the FCSP to resume taking to the cloud server at Ford, eventually online status reappears on your FORDPASS, if your lucky cached data might also post, but most of the time it's lost.

Sponsored

gregoryhcain

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Nissan Pickup
Occupation
Physician
I have a 22 Lariat ER and two FCSP's, one for each of my two homes. I spend the weekends at one home, weekdays at the other and they are 34 miles apart. Both FCSP's linked first time to my FPA and have worked perfectly from day one including scheduled departures on work days. I have seven months on my Lightning and 11,000 miles and could not be happier. They charge fast and never give me even the slightest problem.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Got home today with 39%, start charging. Hour later I get a notification of an error with the charge station. I checked and still showed that it was charging so did nothing. Still hit my 85% in 4.3 hours. If I did the math right, that averages out to 14kWh per hour. FCSP is set to 80amps, maybe there was a fault but it restarted? Maybe it throttled due to temp (hit 102 today)? Not sure, really wish I had a better energy monitor on it.

I thought I'd see a higher average.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
5 notifications last night.

Today it reached 106, currently 90. Started charging and after a few minutes got another. When I checked it said it had to stop due to over heating. I'm on the latest software, this is going to get old real quick. I derated to 60 to see if that helps.
Ford F-150 Lightning Poll - If you have your charge station pro installed is it working correctly ? Screenshot_20230621_043142_Nova7

Edit to add that the truck was done charging at 12:30, not sure why it keeps giving me errors after hitting target.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
5 notifications last night.

Today it reached 106, currently 90. Started charging and after a few minutes got another. When I checked it said it had to stop due to over heating. I'm on the latest software, this is going to get old real quick. I derated to 60 to see if that helps.
Screenshot_20230621_043142_Nova7.jpg

Edit to add that the truck was done charging at 12:30, not sure why it keeps giving me errors after hitting target.
IIRC the truck periodically polls the EVSE, cycling it and that's probably tripping these errors.
Sponsored