• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction - No HVAC

Gozinta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
2022 Lariat SR 21,700 miles. No issues to this point other than standard recalls. I love the truck and it's a blast to drive.

I've read through the various powertrain malfunction threads and have seen similar but not quite the same issues.

My issue started when I pressed to turn the AC on. The service as soon as possible message appeared along with the wrench. The powertrain/reduced power message also appeared. The AC was not working although the fans were blowing. I observed no noticeable power reduction. The output was 100% and the power distribution between the motors was balanced.

I charged that night from 68% to 90% with no problems. The next morning, the heat did not heat up. The defrost did not heat up. The steering wheel and seat heaters were fine. It was not terribly cold so I drove to work around 28 miles with no other issues other than the warning message and wrench. Home was likewise, no issues other than AC not working. I drove it once more on a 40 mile round trip with the same issues. The final drive was to the dealer 22 miles or so.

The dealer could not figure out the issue initially and wanted more time. They gave me the option to drive it home, but could not guarantee the issue would increase in severity. I left the vehicle.

2 days later the dealer called and said there is no communication to the ACCM and it needs to be replaced. The only code that was pulled was a DTC U351F that indicated a new PTC heater needed to be installed as well.

Both items are backordered. They offered to provide a rental called. I advised them that I could find alternate transportation but would like to be reimbursed mileage. The Ford Relationship Center advised me that Ford will not reimburse mileage. My option would be to get a rental. Seems more expensive for Ford.

I'll see how it goes with part lead-time. I hope the diagnosis is accurate.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Good that you left her to be properly repaired, in the SR Lightning the AC compressor, diverter valves and or PTC are working in concert to keep the traction battery at optimum performance, even with mild weather and short distances you might have been OK but as it gets warmer the pack temps might get to warm.

OP
OP
Gozinta

Gozinta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You are right, it is hard to tell. I did not want to press my luck. I saw the Munro video indicating they shared the compressor, with the cooling system having a chiller as well. I never saw the engine and battery temps move past center. Then again, they never have.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
2022 Lariat SR 21,700 miles. No issues to this point other than standard recalls. I love the truck and it's a blast to drive.

I've read through the various powertrain malfunction threads and have seen similar but not quite the same issues.

My issue started when I pressed to turn the AC on. The service as soon as possible message appeared along with the wrench. The powertrain/reduced power message also appeared. The AC was not working although the fans were blowing. I observed no noticeable power reduction. The output was 100% and the power distribution between the motors was balanced.

I charged that night from 68% to 90% with no problems. The next morning, the heat did not heat up. The defrost did not heat up. The steering wheel and seat heaters were fine. It was not terribly cold so I drove to work around 28 miles with no other issues other than the warning message and wrench. Home was likewise, no issues other than AC not working. I drove it once more on a 40 mile round trip with the same issues. The final drive was to the dealer 22 miles or so.

The dealer could not figure out the issue initially and wanted more time. They gave me the option to drive it home, but could not guarantee the issue would increase in severity. I left the vehicle.

2 days later the dealer called and said there is no communication to the ACCM and it needs to be replaced. The only code that was pulled was a DTC U351F that indicated a new PTC heater needed to be installed as well.

Both items are backordered. They offered to provide a rental called. I advised them that I could find alternate transportation but would like to be reimbursed mileage. The Ford Relationship Center advised me that Ford will not reimburse mileage. My option would be to get a rental. Seems more expensive for Ford.

I'll see how it goes with part lead-time. I hope the diagnosis is accurate.
Hi there! If you need any additional assistance, feel free to send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info.

OP
OP
Gozinta

Gozinta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 days in and no information on part availability. Ford Customer Relations has been no help and has referred me back to the dealership for the part lead-time.
Sponsored