• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Update wiped out my radio presets, and now AA is not connecting with my phone. How annoying.
Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I just received this notice today, my wife has the truck at work and I think I will reschedule incase there's a error after update. I'll just start the lightning just before time for update. I would get it the one day my wife drives it to work on a rainy day in California.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation Screenshot_20230110_111526_FordPass

Last edited:

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Just got this update and the sneaky little devil tried to bypass the settings I had and charge to 100%. I went ahead and stopped it and deleted the current location. Unfortunately, it won't give me an option to re-add it. Might have to drive it around a bit or something.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Just got this update and the sneaky little devil tried to bypass the settings I had and charge to 100%. I went ahead and stopped it and deleted the current location. Unfortunately, it won't give me an option to re-add it. Might have to drive it around a bit or something.
If I recall you can't add a location and charge percentage, until after you actually charge at that location. I think you should have just updated your location, not deleted it.

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
If I recall you can't add a location and charge percentage, until after you actually charge at that location. I think you should have just updated your location, not deleted it.
You’re probably right honestly. I tried resetting the UI, unplugging and plugging back in — it still wanted to charge to 100%. I’ll drive it around tonight and plug it in. Hopefully that works and allows me to schedule.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Good news: update finally available
Bad news: I’m in the constant failed-to-install messages.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Good news: update finally available
Bad news: I’m in the constant failed-to-install messages.
It will update sooner than later.

Mine took 5 days, 8 attempts.

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
This update did some weird things. Finally got it to let me add charging preferences, but now the FordPass app refuses to update me on the truck’s status. Also looks like the truck isn’t connecting to my home wifi anymore, and when I try to select one, none appear available. Update kind of broke some things.

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Still been getting the update failure notification. Last thing I haven't tried is charging the 12V battery. I've had my 12V battery hooked up to a trickle charger all morning. Should I try the update with the trickle charger connected, or disconnect first?

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Still been getting the update failure notification. Last thing I haven't tried is charging the 12V battery. I've had my 12V battery hooked up to a trickle charger all morning. Should I try the update with the trickle charger connected, or disconnect first?
I don't think it matters much - it's more of the AT&T signal and Ford's server being available for the OTA.

I had to try multiple times at different locations.

Finally, got mine to update manually by connecting to my home WiFi, parked outside to get a good cell signal, pressing the download now, and hopping out of the truck while locking with the key fob (not the door handle).

Also to prevent interruption, I walked the key fob away from the truck to prevent it lighting up (welcome lighting).

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation IMG_9991.JPG

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I don't think it matters much - it's more of the AT&T signal and Ford's server being available for the OTA.

I had to try multiple times at different locations.

Finally, got mine to update manually by connecting to my home WiFi, parked outside to get a good cell signal, pressing the download now, and hopping out of the truck while locking with the key fob (not the door handle).

Also to prevent interruption, I walked the key fob away from the truck to prevent it lighting up (welcome lighting).
All the ritualistic dances we've tried, this is a new high point, come on FORD, make this simple!

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
All the ritualistic dances we've tried, this is a new high point, come on FORD, make this simple!
I'm going to drop some essential oils in the coolant tank and put my healing crystals in the cup holders. Will report back soon...

thesneak155

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I still can't get this stupid update to install... I have disconnected the 12v, charged the truck, set a schedule, driven it around for an hour, parked it outside, and connected it to my wifi and NOTHING is working. If this is what the normal process is for updates Ford needs to get their stuff together. At least let me download it to a freakin USB drive and tell it to pull the update from there.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I'm kind of glad I haven't gotten the DTE update. It seems that it just paints a Smiley Face :) on the GOM by ignoring driving history. I'd rather have one that shows me Ford's best guess based on everything they want to consider. I will keep tabs on what's really happening by monitoring consumption during that particular drive.
Sponsored