• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 7 Orders & Allocations --Phone Call from Dealer

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I don't think you'll be able to move. Wave 7 is to fulfill that dealers remaining allocation. Moved orders counted against the allocation of the dealer the order was switched to.

But I guess you can try.
Want a Lariat ER? GOTCHA!!
Sponsored

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
Just got my call! So excited. Dealer hasn't communicated much, so didn't expect the call. Prior to this I hadn't known my 'place in line' at this dealership. Turns out I'm #2 (4 hours after reveal), and they have more than one allocation. :D

They were not aware this was going on and they have to have the list done by tomorrow.

Lariat ER is what I want, so it's working out for me!

Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego, promised no ADM.

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Just got the call... from two different dealers. One has my reservation and the other previously had my reservation and kept my info on hand. Unfortunately both said it will include $5k ADM. What are the chances we can move one of these cleanup wave 7 invitations like earlier invites were able to do, once we get the email from Ford? I'm thinking the last wave invitations are dealer specific and trying to move will result in zero nearby dealers with available allocation.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but just going ahead and paying $5k ADM may not be a bad call. First with limited availability who knows when you would get a 2nd chance...and then i think there is a good possibility prices will go up in 2023, also the tax credit, etc.

I say you can try talk the dealer down a bit..but i wouldn't try a transfer until after you get the email. I guess it doesn't hurt to try, but be prepared to pay if Ford says no.

This wave is different...

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
If they send emails like previously, I would then call the customer 800 line at Ford and ask if you can change dealers. Our emails in earlier waves specifically said we could change, so look for that wording in your email if you get one.

I don't know why these would be different, but they are definitely checking to confirm what truck you want, so they may force the order through the dealer to confirm indeed that is what you order.

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
They sent mail to everyone on 5/25 saying only 19 were select out of nearly 500 reservations, so you had to know you were #20+ on that day.
Very true, It's me. But knowing I was 20+ on 5/25 and knowing I'm #2 on 6/9 feels very different (to me). :)

Sponsored

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
Just got the call... from two different dealers. One has my reservation and the other previously had my reservation and kept my info on hand. Unfortunately both said it will include $5k ADM. What are the chances we can move one of these cleanup wave 7 invitations like earlier invites were able to do, once we get the email from Ford? I'm thinking the last wave invitations are dealer specific and trying to move will result in zero nearby dealers with available allocation.
Without Ford forcing them to go down the list and find the first person who actually wants a Lariat ER, they've realized that they have the flexibility to shop the truck to their entire list of reservation holders. As a result, they feel they can find one person who will pay extra for this opportunity. It's so sad that the salesmen at both dealerships have decided to operate in this manner.

They have until tomorrow to submit the buyer's personal information. If you want to play their game, you could ask them to give you until tomorrow and then inquire as to whether they have a reservation holder willing to pay the ADM. If they don't, then you can offer to buy it for MSRP (or any value above that you feel okay with). If they say they do have someone, but are willing to still give it to you, you can try to call their bluff. Once they are short on time and don't have another buyer, they'll have to choose between no allocation/sale and selling it to you at MSRP. The downside is that if you play their game, you could lose out and would then be early on the list for 2023 models.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
I can't believe I'm saying this, but just going ahead and paying $5k ADM may not be a bad call. First with limited availability who knows when you would get a 2nd chance...and then i think there is a good possibility prices will go up in 2023, also the tax credit, etc.

I say you can try talk the dealer down a bit..but i wouldn't try a transfer until after you get the email. I guess it doesn't hurt to try, but be prepared to pay if Ford says no.

This wave is different...
If they send emails like previously, I would then call the customer 800 line at Ford and ask if you can change dealers. Our emails in earlier waves specifically said we could change, so look for that wording in your email if you get one.

I don't know why these would be different, but they are definitely checking to confirm what truck you want, so they may force the order through the dealer to confirm indeed that is what you order.
Without Ford forcing them to go down the list and find the first person who actually wants a Lariat ER, they've realized that they have the flexibility to shop the truck to their entire list of reservation holders. As a result, they feel they can find one person who will pay extra for this opportunity. It's so sad that the salesmen at both dealerships have decided to operate in this manner.
I agree with pretty much all the comments. I've requested to be invited for the Lariat ER. It will be interesting to see what these Wave 7 invites look like compared to the prior waves.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
My dealer in CO just said they won't get a Wave 7 since they filled their allocation. Only if a customer backed out or didn't make a decision. I'm next in line for any MY22, and second for MY23, and I want a Lariat so was hoping to have good news from them. Dealer said their mannequin is expected this week (a Pro) and that they'd heard all CO mannequins were Pros oddly enough.
Castle Rock Ford is getting an Iced blue Lariat ER.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
So my brother received the same call out here in SoCal and he will be ordering a LariatSR

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
When is FoMoCo reaching out to the chosen ones for this wave?

Sponsored

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
On Tuesday, I got the same call from my dealer in San Diego. They claim no ADM and selling for MSRP. Also said they had 8 allocations so I grabbed a lariat ER although my original plan was a pro version. Like another poster said, yolo so go big or go home! No email yet but my salesperson said expect it in a week.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
FB posts are saying some are getting calls from dealers today - last day to get in a wave 7 order...

Maybe the wave 7 orders will beat out all the previous waves ??

Krypto

First Name
Krypto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Got the call and dealer took a deposit and submitted order for Lariat ER. I am not sure about e-mail from Ford. Dealer says they submitted the order.
Sponsored