• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/25 Lightning Build Week Group

bthomps10

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Architect
Still in the sad state of not built yet. Contacted chat and my dealer and no one knows anything other than it's still in production. Probably got the dud in the weeks production...
It really depends on who you chat with. Some are willing to give detailed info on where it is and some only give the status. I am "in production" but chat has told me I am in Ramp 51, Flat Rock, MI.
Sponsored

Cypress

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
It really depends on who you chat with. Some are willing to give detailed info on where it is and some only give the status. I am "in production" but chat has told me I am in Ramp 51, Flat Rock, MI.
I've used the chat 3 times in the last week and they've all been consistent with the lack of info and refuse to state anything more than it's still showing in production (in Michigan) and to contact dealer for more info. :mad:

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
I just used the chat on ford.com/support and they gave me the railcar number on Canadian National Railways

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Sales
I agree. Early last week I was told " I see that the status of your vehicle order is "Received". This means the vehicle has been received by a carrier at a ramp location. It is located at Ramp 51, Flat Rock, MI with an ETA of Aug-19-2022-Aug-25-2022. " Today, I was told that it was still in Production.

Tyler Durden

First Name
Cornelius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, F150 Lightning Lariat ER
So I just tried the chat for the first time. I was told "in production" (nothing more) and also an "ETA of August 19 - August 25, 2022". That ETA seems impossible.

edit to add: the shop.ford tracker agrees with the chatbot, still in production

Last edited:

Sponsored

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
I'm not sure what to believe. Chat has given me various dates. My Chat today gave this info:

In transit via Railcar # TTGX997501 (Canadian National Railways ). It is located in Flat Rock, MI and its current ETA is between Sep-07-2022 and Sep-13-2022.

Seems like a long delivery time if the truck is already on the railcar. Basically 3-4 weeks out. Patience is a virtue.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
if you can find and watch videos of the rail car yards, loading and unloading of automobiles at various yards and terminals, connections and reconnections of cars at terminal points along the way, and the transport companies trucks loading vehicles, you'll start to understand that there is no 'straight shot' from Dearborn to your dealer, or really to ANY dealer... it's a crazy mess, but there is a process to the madness, as aggravating for us as it seems.

I believe that you are currently assigned to or loaded onto a auto rail car, in Flat Rock. That rail car may sit there for some time, maybe even a long time, before the next train moves it somewhere else, probably to Melvindale MI, a terminal yard, and then to Oakwood Mi, the other end of that same rail yard, then onto another terminal point, maybe again in Michigan, but maybe across state lines into Indiana, or Ohio, or Illinois, etc.

I read that some train lines run scheduled routes, while other are more of a 'just in time' route, which means they wait until there are enough cars to make a full train, going in a specific general direction. And, sometimes it's the luck of the draw if your truck arrives just in time to catch that 'last' train out, as the next one might be 3 days away, etc.

Some train companies provide better tracing than others. NS(Norfolk Southern) has mine and it provides nothing online, but only a phone system that says the location so fast that you have to listen to it twice to try to understand the name, city name, or yard location it is referring to. If you look up the NS system map, from Dearborn down to Atlanta, my closest AUTO RAIL YARD, it certainly is not a straight shot. It may even divert along the way, who knows. I just hope it moves 24/7, as NS says it does.

I'm going to make a guess, too, that more than 50 people have touched your truck before it is dropped off at your dealer.

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
if you can find and watch videos of the rail car yards, loading and unloading of automobiles at various yards and terminals, connections and reconnections of cars at terminal points along the way, and the transport companies trucks loading vehicles, you'll start to understand that there is no 'straight shot' from Dearborn to your dealer, or really to ANY dealer... it's a crazy mess, but there is a process to the madness, as aggravating for us as it seems.

I believe that you are currently assigned to or loaded onto a auto rail car, in Flat Rock. That rail car may sit there for some time, maybe even a long time, before the next train moves it somewhere else, probably to Melvindale MI, a terminal yard, and then to Oakwood Mi, the other end of that same rail yard, then onto another terminal point, maybe again in Michigan, but maybe across state lines into Indiana, or Ohio, or Illinois, etc.

I read that some train lines run scheduled routes, while other are more of a 'just in time' route, which means they wait until there are enough cars to make a full train, going in a specific general direction. And, sometimes it's the luck of the draw if your truck arrives just in time to catch that 'last' train out, as the next one might be 3 days away, etc.

Some train companies provide better tracing than others. NS(Norfolk Southern) has mine and it provides nothing online, but only a phone system that says the location so fast that you have to listen to it twice to try to understand the name, city name, or yard location it is referring to. If you look up the NS system map, from Dearborn down to Atlanta, my closest AUTO RAIL YARD, it certainly is not a straight shot. It may even divert along the way, who knows. I just hope it moves 24/7, as NS says it does.

I'm going to make a guess, too, that more than 50 people have touched your truck before it is dropped off at your dealer.

Thanks for the good info. But yuck, 50 people?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
yep, and here's an guesstimate list:

1) Ford employee to the charge station at the end of the Rouge Center back door
2) another Ford employee to the first of the 'Built Vehicle' lots near the plant
..... and maybe many more if spray-in bedliner, or issues with QC, chips, etc....
3) and another Ford employee to another 'staging' lot, depending on RAIL or Transport Truck
4) Transport co employee to their own staging lot
5) transport co RAIL CAR LOADING driver, onto Auto Rail Train Car
6) transport co driver, from initial rail car onto a Train Co staging lot, farther down the rails
(Flat Rock rail yard, maybe)
7) transport co driver, back onto a specific train co Auto Rail car, such as Norfolk Southern
- .....................eventual long and many-stop travel days to a final AUTO RAIL YARD nearest your dealer...

8) transport co drive, back out of Rail Car and onto staging lot
9) TRANSPORT TRUCK DRIVER from staging lot to load onto Auto Transport Trailer to your dealer
10) Transport Truck Driver off trailer at your dealer(same person probably, as I believe driver pick their own loads and load and unload their own vehicles - they are ultimately responsible for all those vehicles until they arrive at the dealer and are signed off on.

not including all the Dealer employee who handle the vehicle

get the picture?

2bacons

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat (Atlas Blue)
Ford website and email says my truck has been delivered to my dealer… just had to go out of state and won’t be back until early September! Not great timing, as I was expecting shipping to take longer. Haven’t heard from my dealer yet so who knows. Nothing I can do until I am back anyways. What’s another couple weeks haha

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Ford website and email says my truck has been delivered to my dealer… just had to go out of state and won’t be back until early September! Not great timing, as I was expecting shipping to take longer. Haven’t heard from my dealer yet so who knows. Nothing I can do until I am back anyways. What’s another couple weeks haha
You need to call your dealership immediately and work it out. If you wait for them to call you your Lightning might end up in someone else’s driveway for a hefty ADM. Asking them to wait a few weeks may be a deal breaker for them.

zepshep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
How fast do you get a built email? I'm sick of checking ford tracker all day just to still see "in production"

bthomps10

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Architect
How fast do you get a built email? I'm sick of checking ford tracker all day just to still see "in production"
From what I have seen, the emails appear to come overnight. I also watch the tracker and see the number going up and down during the day but I think most people have been reporting “built” emails between midnight and 5:00am CT. This is just an observation but I’d guess they get sent out overnight from an automatic system.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
This really depends on what issues your build might encounter, technical perfections, QC issues and after treatments (spray-in-liner) before you get to built stage and the email follows about 24-72 hours later depending on what day of the week you hit the mark.

I noticed you, @IH905 and @DevonD got built status on 8/15 in my morning scan, prepare for incoming email!

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I received my built email on the 10th. I never received an email saying it was shipped or with my picture of the truck, I only knew I was shipped from the Shop page. On the 12th I received an email to complete my purchase and go to the dealer.

I'm in Western NY, so my shipping experience is likely going to be one of the fastest outside of Michigan itself.
Sponsored