• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
My dates got pushed out by 11 days from 9/16-9/22 to 9/27-10/3. The confusing part is that the truck has been at the final rail yard near my dealer since 9/11. Any ideas why it would get pushed out 11 days when it's already so close? I chatted with Ford and they didn't have any answers.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Any ideas why it would get pushed out 11 days when it's already so close? I chatted with Ford and they didn't have any answers.
Convoy driver shortage

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The confusing part is that the truck has been at the final rail yard near my dealer since 9/11.
I missed the date when you shipped from the factory, do you recall?
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group 1663251995291

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
Looks like the rail strike might be off.

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
@Weather Dawg - did you at least recieve a picture of the truck or is it dead silence?

Weather Dawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER w/Tow; 2017 BMW X3
@Weather Dawg - did you at least recieve a picture of the truck or is it dead silence?
Nothing man. No picture, no updates, no nothing. I checked in with chat today and they said that the last update was 9/10 and at ramp 59. No update from yesterday in there either so not sure where the person got that it was in the Dearborn plant in my chat yesterday when they told me it was updated on 9/14). I got pretty annoyed and they gave me a generic phone number to call. They told me nothing new and that there was nothing they could do. I basically just asked them to log that I was pissed and customer service issues, etc. I don't expect any info to come from it, but at least someone else knows that I am angry. Made sure to point out that many trucks in the weeks after ours are built and shipped and have the same specs as mine.

Fully planning on losing my financing rate at this point and will be really pissed when I have to pay more because of the delay.

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
Nothing man. No picture, no updates, no nothing. I checked in with chat today and they said that the last update was 9/10 and at ramp 59. No update from yesterday in there either so not sure where the person got that it was in the Dearborn plant in my chat yesterday when they told me it was updated on 9/14). I got pretty annoyed and they gave me a generic phone number to call. They told me nothing new and that there was nothing they could do. I basically just asked them to log that I was pissed and customer service issues, etc. I don't expect any info to come from it, but at least someone else knows that I am angry. Made sure to point out that many trucks in the weeks after ours are built and shipped and have the same specs as mine.

Fully planning on losing my financing rate at this point and will be really pissed when I have to pay more because of the delay.
Try to reach out to the dealership and get the whole VVR. It might have some detailed info!

The CCU won't give you another extension?

Sponsored

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e

Have you considered buying it before it arrives? I had a couple of other reasons beyond what your concern but my lock rate was something I was concerned with too. I ended up buying the truck completely over a month ago now.

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
Have you considered buying it before it arrives? I had a couple of other reasons beyond what your concern but my lock rate was something I was concerned with too. I ended up buying the truck completely over a month ago now.
I am surprised they let you. Mine won't do any paperwork till the truck is on the lot.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Same here. I bugged them several times. I'm not worried about not being able to get a loan. Like everyone said before I'm worried about interest rates.

I am surprised they let you. Mine won't do any paperwork till the truck is on the lot.

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e
oh... well damn, didn't know I got hooked up so much. I walked in freaking out about potentially losing out on the federal tax credit + leaving on a overseas tour and not wanting to mess with a PoA and they made it happen, no ADM, and CA rebate (now out of funds). As long as something tragic doesn't happen to the truck I'm overall super excited with the early deal signing.

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can you share with us how you were able to convince the dealer to complete the sale prior to delivery? It seems most dealers are reluctant to do that including mine. I'd like to lock in my rate as well before it expires.
Sponsored