• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
How many days have you been trying? I just finally walked away and gave up. It finally installed a couple of days later when it got ready.
FordPass says first failed attempt was January 9.

I’ll take your advice and stop watching the pot!
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
FordPass says first failed attempt was January 9.

I’ll take your advice and stop watching the pot!
That is what I finally had to do.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Even though I don’t care about this update, I decided to try to force it since I didn’t want it to possibly delay installation of the latest updates that I do care about!

I finally had this DTE update install after experiencing/attempting the following:

1. Driving 120+ miles on three successive days, watching the LVB hit up to 92% SoC each day….failed each day both by manual attempts and by automatic attempts after achieving normal 90% SoC on my FCSP.
  2. Charged HVB to 100% on my FCSP, LVB at 92%...failed a manual attempt, with the LVB SoC dropping to 53% after the failed attempt.
  3. Left my truck on the FCSP charged at 100%, tricked the LVB into recharging by putting my truck into “Accessory “ mode. The maximum LVB SoC I was able to achieve was 94%.
  4. Turned off all my truck’s settings, including headlights and running lights, that might draw 12V power, pulled my OBD device, and initiated a manual install……SUCCESS,🎉🍸🍺🥃🥂🍹🎊🪅

Observations: As previously stated in this thread, this is a LVB SoC issue as installing this OTA appears to require a lot of the 12V battery’s available power.….but @Ford Motor Company , you designed the OTA to require a minimum 94% LVB SoC? Really!? At least you could tell us, including my dealer, what the are the installation parameters!

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
how do i know if my truck received this update, lack of information in the truck has me guessing and waiting for possibly nothing lol

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
Received yesterday afternoon on my '22 pro. Still getting a estimated range of 160 at 90% in the NE winter, no noticeable optimistic change in distance to empty calculations so far.

Any other pros out there with a similar experience?

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation Screenshot_20230120-154645

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Received yesterday afternoon on my '22 pro. Still getting a estimated range of 160 at 90% in the NE winter, no noticeable optimistic change in distance to empty calculations so far.

Any other pros out there with a similar experience?

Screenshot_20230120-154645.png
Any change in range that it might present to you would be false anyway. If you didn't charge after the update, do so. That is where it gets wonky. It'll reset your DTE and you'll charge to 100%.

lmbrjak

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
It took 2 weeks from the initial failure. It has now successfully updated, and I didn’t do anything special but wait it out.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
how do i know if my truck received this update, lack of information in the truck has me guessing and waiting for possibly nothing lol
Notification history on your Ford Pass, Account / Message Center / old updates noted there do not reference which update you had, but seeing it concurrent with Ford Pass / Vehicle /Vehicle Status Alerts (where the version will be listed for a few days at most a week).

I would love to see a function on the Sync screen under Updates that takes us to a log file of the trucks actual receipt and posting dates of updates.

Last edited:

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Even though I don’t care about this update, I decided to try to force it since I didn’t want it to possibly delay installation of the latest updates that I do care about!

I finally had this DTE update install after experiencing/attempting the following:

1. Driving 120+ miles on three successive days, watching the LVB hit up to 92% SoC each day….failed each day both by manual attempts and by automatic attempts after achieving normal 90% SoC on my FCSP.
  2. Charged HVB to 100% on my FCSP, LVB at 92%...failed a manual attempt, with the LVB SoC dropping to 53% after the failed attempt.
  3. Left my truck on the FCSP charged at 100%, tricked the LVB into recharging by putting my truck into “Accessory “ mode. The maximum LVB SoC I was able to achieve was 94%.
  4. Turned off all my truck’s settings, including headlights and running lights, that might draw 12V power, pulled my OBD device, and initiated a manual install……SUCCESS,🎉🍸🍺🥃🥂🍹🎊🪅

Observations: As previously stated in this thread, this is a LVB SoC issue as installing this OTA appears to require a lot of the 12V battery’s available power.….but @Ford Motor Company , you designed the OTA to require a minimum 94% LVB SoC? Really!? At least you could tell us, including my dealer, what the are the installation parameters!
This was extremely helpful. Thank you! I didn't consider that each failed attempt significantly drained the 12V each time.

I trickle charged my 12V overnight. Immediately on disconnecting it, I put the car into accessory, turned off all of the lights, unplugged every USB cable that could possible take power, and manually ran the update. Success!

flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, Rivian R1S

I tried everything to get this one installed. I tried Miles/Minutes/FCSP plugged and unplugged, Charging my LVB overnight with trickle charger/Boost/Start mode, connected and disconnected. I have left it plugged in, unplugged, outside, inside, airport, wifi, etc with MANY failed attempts. I still have not been able to get it installed, but apparently my truck has given up after 2 weeks and no longer shows any updates available.

@Ford Motor Company really needs to work on this process as it greatly hinders reliability. After leaving my truck at the airport for several days and 4 failed attempts, my truck was nearly unusable as the system lag was jumping from screen to screen with 30 seconds between clicks and responses. Nearly every time I got into the vehicle, after an attempted install, it would prompt me to reschedule it, but never dismissed the update overlay to get to the next step.

Highly frustrated as my Tesla never has this issue, OTAs are not new with EVs and should have alternative paths to install. My 2017 Jaguar F-Pace gets OTAs without issue either.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
While this one was frustrating, I can say it really does seem to be one of a kind. Most of the 3.X.X series and now the 4.1.X series are knocking off one after the other with just a day or so between releases. I'm hoping they've fixed what they did wrong and learned a lesson, but once you finally make it by this one you should be much better off.

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
This was extremely helpful. Thank you! I didn't consider that each failed attempt significantly drained the 12V each time.

I trickle charged my 12V overnight. Immediately on disconnecting it, I put the car into accessory, turned off all of the lights, unplugged every USB cable that could possible take power, and manually ran the update. Success!
Did you disconnect the battery, or just the charger?

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you disconnect the battery, or just the charger?
Terrible wording on my part—sorry. I disconnected the trickle charger and then manually ran the update (from the settings menu, not the icon).

Akbrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
Only took 2 months but update finally installed. I tried everything imaginable to get it to go. Finally went after I put my old school charger on the LVB at 10amps for a couple hours, tried a force install which failed and an hour later installed at scheduled time. This was the first time I didn’t use a smart charger. 95% SOC on the LVB is pretty high requirement.

still stuck on 3.5 and no PAAK but at least the failure to install messages will stop for now.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Well better late than never, hopefully the other updates come in quick now!

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation 809E0CAA-38F3-4D6B-B9F8-1C4C6066C890
Sponsored