• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass App Stopped Working

6T9Boss302

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Designer
Of course as soon as I posted all was well over a week ago I had the issue after the modem build update. Pulled fuse 32 like others. That worked for a week.

Ford Pass called me back today. OTA update now anticipated first week in April. We’ll see.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Lost connectivity yesterday, it's been 16 hours.

Luckily my service visit was for a tailgate issue or I would've completely wasted my time.

Ugh.
Hi there! I can look into your Lightning's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and Lightning's VIN?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Hi there! I can look into your Lightning's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and Lightning's VIN?
Thank you, but I'm already working direct with FoMoCo on it. 🙂

I should have a fix incoming in the next few days. 🤞

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Of course as soon as I posted all was well over a week ago I had the issue after the modem build update. Pulled fuse 32 like others. That worked for a week.

Ford Pass called me back today. OTA update now anticipated first week in April. We’ll see.
Isn't the latest powerup OTA 4.2.1 supposed to address this? I just received it today.

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat , 22 Mach E GT
Isn't the latest powerup OTA 4.2.1 supposed to address this? I just received it today.
Hello I thought it was supposed to as well. I got my update last week so far so good it’s been working great. I was disconnecting the battery or pulling the fuse at least once a week or more but I have heard some people still having to do it. I’m hoping it’s fixed.

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Hello I thought it was supposed to as well. I got my update last week so far so good it’s been working great. I was disconnecting the battery or pulling the fuse at least once a week or more but I have heard some people still having to do it. I’m hoping it’s fixed.
Received my 4.2.1 on 03/16/23. very surprisingly enough. Already had to pull fuse 32 on Friday 03/17/23 and again Sunday 03/19/23 in am. The 4.1.21 update did not fix mine. I’m good for approximately 48 hours at best before connectivity issues overwhelm my modem. Ridiculous to say the least.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I see there is a 4.2.2 that specifically mentions modem fix. I hope that comes soon. I just got 4.2.1 the other day.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I see there is a 4.2.2 that specifically mentions modem fix. I hope that comes soon.
Where are you seeing this information?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Oh ok good if you don’t mind me asking where did you see that info on 4.2.2
folks on the Facebook Lightning forum posted a pic. 4.2.1.2 update details that some have received the last day or so.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass App Stopped Working 25170EA0-62FE-4E3F-8F7E-89C74A1D7F2F

Last edited:

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Issue has returned for me. Looks like modem not working. FordPass connectivity non-existent. Why does this keep happening. I have
  • Deleted and reinstalled FordPass
  • Deleted phone and reconnected
  • Pulled 12v negative terminal
  • Attempted to delete Wi-Fi but no connectivity there. Does not recognize ANY networks
  • Tried different phones, iPads ect
  • Monitored charge via charger app to confirm truck charging​
  • Truck has been to dealer for gateway module issue already​

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
You are not alone. I have a 2023 Lightning Lariat ER and over the past few months the modem connectivity is sporadic and I rarely get good SOC updates in FordPass or traffic info or weather. Very annoying considering the cost of these trucks.

I have appointment this week for the 20,000 mile service and I asked them to check the modem. The workaround in pulling the #32 fuse or the negative terminal for the 12v battery only occasionally works.
Sponsored