• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Thomas

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram
Occupation
Retired
So much for "conquest customers." We bought a '23 Mach e and a '23 F150 Lightning--our last Ford purchase was over 30 years ago. Here we are 7 months later and we could have saved $12k (or more) had we waited. As a matter of fact, the folks that took delivery on their '23 Mach e the business day after I took delivery on mine (Jan 2) got a rebate. When I called Ford Customer Service to ask why, if mine is the same MY, I didn't get the rebate as well, they said that they will check on it. Crickets. I love my Lariat but I am sure that I will love my next EV just as much--it just won't have a blue oval on it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
My F150 is being built in mid August. I wonder if I will get the new lower price?

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Feeling a little screwed between this price cut and the prior financing cut, but such is life.

Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Definitely sucks to have bought a Lariat ER with hindsight that waiting would have meant significant savings. At the same time, none of us had a crystal ball, I could have easily seen prices continue to rise. That said, it seems pretty clear Ford knew they had a relatively captive audience (reservation holders) who had a ton of interest and so they jacked the prices way up, and now that we've all ordered they dropped them back to where they were more or less to attract new customers.

I still think it's a great truck, but it sure seems like we'll have to drive these til the wheels fall off since their resale value is going to be absolutely cratered.

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
It was only a matter of time they had to do something and after jacking prices by 10k it was way out of range for what it's worth. Granted I love mine but if I didn't get in on it as a first round buyer I wasn't buying it at $89k with no rebate. With that being said really sucks for the people that overpaid MSRP.

LightingFast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT, BMW M3
I am going to add my name to the "salty" list. I just picked up mine 2 weeks ago. They had to know this was coming. I wanted to get an EV even without the rebate but the lower cost would have been a big boon. I could pay (or not!) for Blue Cruise for many years with the savings I could have found.

I will put in my opinion to Ford, for whatever it is worth. Maybe someone smarter than me know how to leverage something out of Ford. Please post here if you do!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I believe the cap is on MSRP excluding destination and delivery so it should still qualify for the Federal Credit.
Correct, that's why I highlighted the values on the pricing summary which impact federal credit value, I could option another $1300 worth of features, but just ran a comparison for 2023 as my 2022 was built (excl the desired folding steps)

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Me on Saturday. I am trying to evaluate my options. It really ruins the truck for me. Overpaid by 17,000. Checking if I can still walk away from the contract.
I would contact the salesman and let them know you have seen the news and ask what they intend to do to soften the blow. I bought from a small dealer that is now getting Mach-Es and Lightnings sent to them as stock. Like a whole truck of them. They just showed up. So obviously this should be a buyer's market at this point.

Sponsored

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I would contact the salesman and let them know you have seen the news and ask what they intend to do to soften the blow. I bought from a small dealer that is now getting Mach-Es and Lightnings sent to them as stock. Like a whole truck of them. They just showed up. So obviously this should be a buyer's market at this point.
Seems there is nothing I can legally do. I will still reach out to Ford.

Icecoled007

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, XLT ER
Add my name to the "I feel screwed list". Ford really ought to do something for the loyal and early adopter customers. It would be a shame to burn so many people like this.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
My F150 is being built in mid August. I wonder if I will get the new lower price?
Yes, but probably without a 3 yr BC subscription. So it's kinda like, do you get the dealer to do a search for something that's already built that you can buy with a negotiated reduction in price now, or wait and get only a 90 day subscription for BC and have to pony up 600-800 per year for BC functionality.

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
There's gonna be some salty current '23 Lariat ER owners.....8k drop? Kinda like what Tesla pulled with their price drops...
Well, I guess now you CAN put a price on the bragging rights of being an early adopter. (Yikes!)
Nobody put a gun to my head when I was buying the truck....I just couln't find the internal discipline to wait it out. Live an learn.
Kinda reminds me of my first flat screen TV. Could NOT wait to get the damn thing! It was a 4K TV (resolution was only 720p...it was 4K because it was $4,000). A year later they were half as much, a year after that, half as much AGAIN. What a waste! Jeeze, I'm a slow learner.
Still love the truck, though!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
You should see the price revisions on your window sticker once it's generated.
Check in with the appropriate build week thread and list your build specifications on the forum tracker, I'm going to analyze the August sproduction schedule, I need MORE DATA SCOTTY [/kirk]
Sponsored