• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Another safety recall? 12/26/2023

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I used Informed Delivery from the USPS - so in this mornings email I have a "Safety Recall" from Ford that will be delivered today. Did anyone else get this in the last few days of mail delivery? Do we have another recall or is this an update on maybe the BECM SW update? That was supposed to be delivered via SW this quarter and have not heard of that going out (although mine was already done by a dealer.)
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I have the same feature with the USPS , but am not at home to see what it is. It may be an update to the Sync recall. I have checked the VIN and it is the only one showing this morning.

Let us know if you get yours in hand before I do. I’ll post if no one has.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've gotten ~reminder~ type notices of previously issued recalls & CSP's in recent weeks, might just be that.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Any active recall should show up in FordPass. This is probably the notice for a recall that you’ve already had fixed. You can also put your VIN in on this site and see if there are any open.
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
That was supposed to be delivered via SW this quarter and have not heard of that going out (although mine was already done by a dealer.)
I have been curious about that. I waited to get the OTA update but have not heard anything. If someone got this already, please share the update number so I know what to look for.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any active recall should show up in FordPass. This is probably the notice for a recall that you’ve already had fixed. You can also put your VIN in on this site and see if there are any open.
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

I got a bunch of customer satisfaction fix notices but none of them are listed under NHTSA site.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It is a follow up to the original recall related the Drive Mods not resetting.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I got a bunch of customer satisfaction fix notices but none of them are listed under NHTSA site.
It a Recall 23C38. The patch update is 23-PU1103-NAT—VCE.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It a Recall 23C38. The patch update is 23-PU1103-NAT—VCE.

Oh, Never got that one. Got 23 B 11, 50 and 57. And these don't show up with my VIN. Mostly concerned about 57 (HV battery module replacement or BECM software update)

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Yep! I got the same recall notice today. The stupid thing about it, while the notice encourages owners to go for the OTA update to fix the Sync screen problem that screwed up Electronic Stability Control not being reset from Off-Road driving mode, etc., the letter doesn't mention anything about the LVB %SOC, etc. Since the vehicle has to be off and the update is going to take two hours, for sure, one is probably going to need a well-charged LVB for the update to go. But zero mention of this in the letter. :rolleyes:

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Mail arrived. It is as described by others above. SW update to take away a feature that so many people wanted.

RST

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 35d, VW ID.4, '23' Lightning Pro, & 4 Bikes
Occupation
Retired
Strange that a recall notice is going out today. I received the fix on 12/5/23 (23-PU1103-NAT-VCE).

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I received the letter and Fords website shows I still have the recall pending. I received the OTA on 12/1.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
update to take away a feature that so many people wanted.
It's a regulatory compliance recall, nobody needed or wanted the stability control to staff off. You're probably thinking about how it should keep the drive mode after restart, that feature some people wanted but I wouldn't say many cared about it, it's only 2 button presses.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I used Informed Delivery from the USPS - so in this mornings email I have a "Safety Recall" from Ford that will be delivered today. Did anyone else get this in the last few days of mail delivery? Do we have another recall or is this an update on maybe the BECM SW update? That was supposed to be delivered via SW this quarter and have not heard of that going out (although mine was already done by a dealer.)
It's been nearly a day. What was the notice?
Sponsored