• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Are people signing their No-Resale Policy?

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
The dealership I bought from didn't request I sign one... I don't think I've heard of anyone actually having to sign one yet...
Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I don't think that statement entitles them to a lean, but maybe.
The dollar you owe them entitles them to the lien. At the end of the year, the Seller tells the DMV the lien is satisfied and you receive the title in the mail. Extreme example, but a simple legal answer to the original question.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
The dollar you owe them entitles them to the lien. At the end of the year, the Seller tells the DMV the lien is satisfied and you receive the title in the mail. Extreme example, but a simple legal answer to the original question.
So the lien would likely be the mechanism they monitor the status versus monitoring VIN numbers online. What about financing through a third party, that mean would be through someone else too and not ford (who would be able to monitor)

Sponsored

Vithar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 2017 Explory
Occupation
Civil Engineer
My dealer told me that the language was only for people using ford finance. They said they would appreciate if I didn't turning around and sell the truck right away, but wouldn't put anything on paper about it since I wasn't using ford finance.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The vast majority of dealers aren't doing this.

Reactions: GDN

tx_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 2022 Lightning XLT XR
My dealer wanted me to sign a first right of refusal. Which I don't have a problem with.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
My dealer told me that the language was only for people using ford finance. They said they would appreciate if I didn't turning around and sell the truck right away, but wouldn't put anything on paper about it since I wasn't using ford finance.
Makes me think they’re monitoring the lien status and not VIN activity (checking marketplaces etc)

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
I took possession without being asked to sign a "no-sale" clause. I believe this is true for the majority of those on this forum.

Theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron,Chevy Volt,BMW I3,Mach-E,F150 Lightning
Did not sign one either. This would be a nightmare to detect and enforce and for what... Best you do is get a car that you already counted as sold back and resell.

This is madness from the legal department that no dealer will want to mess with.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Couldn’t you just simply pay the $1 to release the lien?
You can't give the dollar to the DMV. It wouldn't work if you agreed to the lien for a year in return for specific performance of the no sale clause. As I said, it is one answer to the people questioning how a dealer could enforce a no sale provision in a sales contract.

The dealer would love to have 'your order' in stock for a retail sale. They'd love for you to walk off the lot. Ford frowns on unreasonable ADMs on customer orders to the point that they have threatened allocations for ADMs high enough to tarnish the brand image. The dealer holds final pricing authority. The no sale clause was suggested and supported by Ford to try to stop flips. As others have stated, giving the dealer the right of first refusal for a sale occurring in less than a year seems to be a reasonable meeting point if you can negotiate it.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
You can't give the dollar to the DMV. It wouldn't work if you agreed to the lien for a year in return for specific performance of the no sale clause. As I said, it is one answer to the people questioning how a dealer could enforce a no sale provision in a sales contract.

The dealer would love to have 'your order' in stock for a retail sale. They'd love for you to walk off the lot. Ford frowns on unreasonable ADMs on customer orders to the point that they have threatened allocations for ADMs high enough to tarnish the brand image. The dealer holds final pricing authority. The no sale clause was suggested and supported by Ford to try to stop flips. As others have stated, giving the dealer the right of first refusal for a sale occurring in less than a year seems to be a reasonable meeting point if you can negotiate it.
No chance I would let there be a lien on a vehicle I’m paying outright for. Makes no sense.

I agree. There’s not a ton of leverage here as the customer. I might be fine signing 3 or 6 months. I really get upset with them claiming the full value of the sale. Someone mentioned they would get the vehicle back on their lot if I flipped, don’t think that’s right. Imagine being the buyer and having the truck yanked out from under you. I think it’s more that ford would have to identify the sale taking place (either by monitoring FMC liens or some type of VIN monitoring) and then determine it was sold and presumably for profit (which I guess could be determined via subpoena but that’s a hassle). I speak from experience too that these guys have shady lawyers on retainer that just go to small claims court all day long to pick off customers. It’s BS
Sponsored