• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Battery Replacement Module Survey ??

This survey is to discover how many forum members had their HV battery require a module replacement.

• Total voters
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My Lightning is in now, noticed this Pro Police Edition also in for service, I'm parked right behind it.
My Truck location signal shows they moved it into the workshop already!

Ford F-150 Lightning Battery Replacement Module Survey ?? 1699536081128
Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
My Lightning is in now, noticed this Pro Police Edition also in for service, I'm parked right behind it.

1699536081128.png
Here's hoping everything is smooth and quick!

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
FYI, it’s on its 5th week now in the shop. Communication from dealership is a 1 out of 5 so far and Ford Recall representative called today and said he can’t even get a response from the service department.

Test drove an F250 and gas F150 and really thinking hard about switching over and maybe waiting a few years to go back electric. It’s going to be a hard choice because I love the way it drives and how I use it.

tkittlitz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14Ram1500ED, 20FordEscapeHybrid, 22LightningOrder
This survey is to discover how many forum members had their HV battery require a module replacement and the time it has taken to get fixed in the shop, or is still in the shop.

Vehicle was driven or towed to dealership for module replacement

How many weeks was your Lightning in the shop, or still in the shop at this time waiting to be fixed

2 weeks
3 weeks
4 weeks
5 weeks
6 weeks
Still in the shop
Out of the shop

Multiple selections allowed, (delivery, duration & current status)
My Truck has been perfect for me so far until this weekend. Friday I took it in for the 16000km service (aka tire rotation), and the recalls. I picked up truck Friday afternoon and took it home. Parked over night, went to the store, and when I got home I plugged it in to charge and Truck charge lights went all red and wouldn't charge and service soon light came on dash. Took truck back in this am and dealer said light went off the only code was for 12v battery disconnected, and I should come pick it up. I arrive to pickup and as they are driving truck around for me , service soon light comes back on and they hook it up and now saying Truck needs a module replaced. I have a loaner lightning till it's repaired.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives

1699536081128.png
Did you get it back yet?
I have the xx50 and xx57 scheduled for tomorrow am. I’m about ready to hold off. I was contacted by ford saying I probably will need module replaced from what they see on there end of things. Already looking like a cluster in the works.
——
Edit…Our truck has now been in since 12/05/23 and engineers still unable to determine if module they sent is defective or if it’s an other situation.
We need your team to get this resolved ASAP #FordMotorCompany https://x.com/Ford?s=20 TIA

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Did you get it back yet?
I have the xx50 and xx57 scheduled for tomorrow am. I’m about ready to hold off. I was contacted by ford saying I probably will need module replaced from what they see on there end of things. Ford agents calls service dept and dealership says not getting messages and/or service advisors unavailable…. Already looking like a cluster in the works. I’m being told 2 hours on software. Hmmm.
Hope yours got in/out quickly.
I picked her up this afternoon, the light bar and dash mat didn't come in the afternoon parts delivery, so the SM will call me when they come in for a new visit, which will be same day service.

The wiper motor and reprogramming of the BECM was completed, drive home was uneventful, put her on the charger, it charged at full rate of 18kw reaching my 90% goal.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Just got my truck back after the 23B57 update and diagnostic. I’m at 57% reduced power and the yellow wrench icon. Dealership to get back to me in next day or two in parts timeline.
So now I’m home and plugged and unable to charge. Red charge light ring and message of Vehicle charging fault.
No idea on a quick fix but will be calling dealership tomorrow asap. beyond frustrated.
Thanks for nothing…We need your team to get this resolved ASAP #FordMotorCompany https://x.com/Ford?s=20 TIA

Ford F-150 Lightning Battery Replacement Module Survey ?? IMG_7440
Ford F-150 Lightning Battery Replacement Module Survey ?? IMG_7441

Last edited:

tkittlitz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My Truck has been perfect for me so far until this weekend. Friday I took it in for the 16000km service (aka tire rotation), and the recalls. I picked up truck Friday afternoon and took it home. Parked over night, went to the store, and when I got home I plugged it in to charge and Truck charge lights went all red and wouldn't charge and service soon light came on dash. Took truck back in this am and dealer said light went off the only code was for 12v battery disconnected, and I should come pick it up. I arrive to pickup and as they are driving truck around for me , service soon light comes back on and they hook it up and now saying Truck needs a module replaced. I have a loaner lightning till it's repaired.
Dealer texted me yesterday. Ford has been looking at Truck remotely and diagnostics show 2 modules need to be replaced. The modules are being shipped out and dealer says should arrive in 10 business days. I have no idea how long after the modules arrive I should expect to wait. I am sure we have seen the pics of how involved this process it. So I expect it to take a bit.

tkittlitz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got my truck back after the 23B57 update and diagnostic. I’m at 57% reduced power and the yellow wrench icon. Dealership to get back to me in next day or two in parts timeline.
So now I’m home and plugged and unable to charge. Red charge light ring and message of Vehicle charging fault.
No idea on a quick fix but will be calling dealership tomorrow asap. beyond frustrated.

IMG_7440.jpeg
IMG_7441.jpeg
This is exactly what happened to me! My truck has been perfect, and then after the recall software update - BOOM - No charge - Red Lights - Battery modules need to be replaced.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Finally got a call today, during the 6th week. Dealership said it would be another 2-3 weeks before they diagnosed my truck! I blew a gasket. I told them they have been sitting on the module for 3 weeks and their response was they didn’t know it was in. The hold up is they have one person who has multiple hats that is also their EV tech.

Sponsored

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
This makes me curious though...

With 50% having driven to the shop, was that specifically to get the module(s) replaced, knowing ahead of time it was kaputt, or are these part of the CSP where Ford said bring it in and we'll have a look-see?

I'm bringing in mine tomorrow and I've had no indications that anything is wrong so far.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
The hold up is they have one person who has multiple hats that is also their EV tech.
@Ford Motor Company This is what we deal with at your dealer's service centers, and is really just not acceptable as you grow your EV business. Figure out how to get competent techs in place, then publicize it so we know where to go with our service needs.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
This makes me curious though...

With 50% having driven to the shop, was that specifically to get the module(s) replaced, knowing ahead of time it was kaputt, or are these part of the CSP where Ford said bring it in and we'll have a look-see?

I'm bringing in mine tomorrow and I've had no indications that anything is wrong so far.
🤞

B. Lane

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Retire
This survey is to discover how many forum members had their HV battery require a module replacement and the time it has taken to get fixed in the shop, or is still in the shop.
I got the notice 3-4 weeks ago and took it in to the dealer this morning. Was told it could take up to 22 hours to do the job and that no parts would be ordered until the technician determined what is needed. I have one of the two Lightnings that have been sold at my dealer, so they have no experience with it. Scheduled the update next week. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: