• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I was contacted by Eibach for R&D on the Lightning. As of now they will be working on a lowering kit, Stage 1 leveling kit and Stage 2 lift.

I will post updates here as they come. They will have the truck in their possession for about a week.

Let me know your thoughts on what needs to be addressed so I can pass it along. I know one the main ones is the BOUNCE after some dips at speed.

26 Sep Dropped Off for R&D

Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input 82576B4D-16F8-4003-9208-9AA40558A5E1
Sponsored

Last edited:

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
I want to level it by lowering the rear. If they can improve the ride in the process, great. Prefer to keep the stock dampers on all four corners, but okay replacing all four springs if needed.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Would love to see a good lowering kit that doesn't kill ride quality and still supports the stock tire size. A little less lean in the turns would be nice too.

Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Want to lower the rear for load height.
Don't need off road capabilities.
Also want to stiffen the rear for confident ability to handle max payload or max tongue weight.
Lower the front a little to maintain some rake.
Bonus would be any improvement to aero and range by lowering.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I was contacted by Eibach for R&D on the Lightning. As of now they will be working on a lowering kit, Stage 1 leveling kit and Stage 2 lift.

I will post updates here as they come. They will have the truck in their possession for about a week.

Let me know your thoughts on what needs to be addressed so I can pass it along. I know one the main ones is the BOUNCE after some dips at speed.
Tell them don’t mess with my stiffness too much. It’s a comfortable ride and I’d like to keep that. Too stiff and we may get pedal jerk. I would go maybe 10-15% stiffer at most.

As for height, we have an active aero front. 0.5-1” drop please. I would love a 2” visually but something tells me I’ll be complaining if/when that active air dam gets torn apart.

Rears…how much of a drop can we go? 3 feet? Is that enough to level it off? I would very much like to NOT feel like a 5 year old when climbing into the bed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I will be giving them all this feedback during drop off. I am assuming they already have something in mind but I think feedback from actual owners will help in moving their product.

From my experience with Eibach lowering springs on several vehicles they always seem to stay close to stock as far as rates and delivered close to stock comfort. I think for the most part we are all in agreement that the comfort level should stay the same while still eliminating the Bounce.

Here is what I have so far:

1) Maintain stock comfort levels while eliminating the “Bounce”

2) Rear Lowering solution

3) Full Lowering Coilover Kit?

4) Blue Cruise and all sensors must be maintained without error

5) Scale recalibration

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Literally don’t understand why anyone would want to lower a truck. Difficulty getting into the bed?

I’m starting to feel like I have Inadequately Lifted Truck Syndrome so I’ll take any lift that helps make it look better against all the lifted trucks around here. Ideally it works with BlueCruise.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Literally don’t understand why anyone would want to lower a truck. Difficulty getting into the bed?

I’m starting to feel like I have Inadequately Lifted Truck Syndrome so I’ll take any lift that helps make it look better against all the lifted trucks around here. Ideally it works with BlueCruise.
Better handling and looks like the original Lightning🤷‍♂️

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
3-4" lower in the rear to reduce load height and lift-over height.
2-3" lower the front to keep some of the rake.
Stiffer in the rear to handle max payload and max tongue weight.
Don't care about stiff ride in the back - a 3/4 ton feel is fine.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

My reasons for being interested in a lowered truck:

Easier to get in and out of for older relatives

More range and more efficient driving

Improved handling and road feel. Less body roll.

Better "street race truck" looks. Raptor looks great lifted, Lightning looks like it wants to be low and sleek.

Easier to load and unload the bed / Frunk

I don't off-road to any meaningful degree. That (and deep snow traversal) is the only benefit a tall truck gives. Height makes everything else worse.
Sponsored