• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
That is the funniest scam I have heard of.

Nitrogen fill tires !

Did we all forget we breathe 80% nitrogen with every breath ?
See? That's what makes it so valuable. Only 80% pure. The extra 20% is worth four times as much as that common stuff that you're breathing. Good thing the dealer was looking out for the guy. đź’°
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Not good. Dealer should be shamed and truck forfeited.

However, the poster did not show the price breakdown on their order deposit. I bet you it says $30k and they didn't see it or understand it.

I'm certain there are some who had no choice but to accept markup... But we all had plenty of options to source a dealer without markup.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
But we all had plenty of options to source a dealer without markup.
True. But once the order was placed at a dealer who verbally represented no ADM, there is no way to change the dealer if they decide to change their mind about ADM or mandatory DAOs.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Not good. Dealer should be shamed and truck forfeited.

However, the poster did not show the price breakdown on their order deposit. I bet you it says $30k and they didn't see it or understand it.

I'm certain there are some who had no choice but to accept markup... But we all had plenty of options to source a dealer without markup.
This might be the case just like the Alex YouTuber.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
See? That's what makes it so valuable. Only 80% pure. The extra 20% is worth four times as much as that common stuff that you're breathing. Good thing the dealer was looking out for the guy. đź’°
Side note, I drag race a motorcycle, using Nitrogen in my electric over air shift system and tires, low moisture content is my goal with consistent tire pressure and keeping the air solenoid operating smoothly, this is what it cost me last May for a refilled cylinder 2200psi and many uses the past year and presently, and will last me several years $39 bucks.

Ford F-150 Lightning Help him out - $30k ADM on his Lightning reservation order 1655049194454

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
This might be the case just like the Alex YouTuber.
Alex specifically said that the markup was added after the truck was shipped. Unless there's some new information that I'm not aware of, I'm inclined to trust him.

I hate it when the free market works only in the dealers favor…… for example, if all of a sudden Ford dropped the MSRP by a couple of thousands the dealer would hold you to this non-binding order sheet
That's a straw-man argument but I'll try to rebut it anyway. The dealer would still be making money if Ford dropped the MSRP or offered a new incentive on a special order and they were forced to honor it.

Dealers are not fronting the bill if the manufacturer offers an incentive on a new vehicle. The dealer is being dishonest if they tell you that they're doing you a favor by letting you claim a manufacturer's incentive.

Again, I'm making the distinction between a retail order and a stock unit. The dealer fronts the liability for a stock unit so I can't fault them for trying to get as much money from the unit as possible.

The used car market is close to a free market but the new car market is far from being free and unregulated.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Alex specifically said that the markup was added after the truck was shipped. Unless there's some new information that I'm not aware of, I'm inclined to trust him.

That's a straw-man argument but I'll try to rebut it anyway. The dealer would still be making money if Ford dropped the MSRP or offered a new incentive on a special order and they were forced to honor it.

Dealers are not fronting the bill if the manufacturer offers an incentive on a new vehicle. The dealer is being dishonest if they tell you that they're doing you a favor by letting you claim a manufacturer's incentive.

Again, I'm making the distinction between a retail order and a stock unit. The dealer fronts the liability for a stock unit so I can't fault them for trying to get as much money from the unit as possible.

The used car market is close to a free market but the new car market is far from being free and unregulated.
That was my biggest concern about Alex on Autos, either 1) he didn’t pay attention when he placed his order and that markup was already there or 2) Dealers can add a markup and manually change your order page after it has been ordered.

Ford F-150 Lightning Help him out - $30k ADM on his Lightning reservation order B2E60E67-6C20-4FC7-AE4E-A71873EBC665

If it is #2, then we really have no way of proving that markup wasn’t already there. Mike Levine has previously said Ford Motor can’t help if there is no proof of $0 on that order page.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
That was my biggest concern about Alex on Autos, either 1) he didn’t pay attention when he placed his order and that markup was already there or 2) Dealers can add a markup and manually change your order page after it has been ordered.

B2E60E67-6C20-4FC7-AE4E-A71873EBC665.jpeg

If it is #2, then we really have no way of proving that markup wasn’t already there. Mike Levine has previously said Ford Motor can’t help if there is no proof of $0 on that order page.
They can add markup after the fact. There's a report that another dealer did it "accidentally" and Frontier Ford has months of comments describing similar practices.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
They can add markup after the fact. There's a report that another dealer did it "accidentally" and Frontier Ford has months of comments describing similar practices.
Right, I am aware. They can add markup using an addendum and placing it next to the window sticker. What I wasn’t aware of is them actually being able to access your account or Fords system, where you placed your order and changing that number after the fact. Basically Alex is saying that number was $0 when he ordered and then all of a sudden went to $10k, on his account.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Another Berkshire Hathaway Automotive dealership in TX screwing someone over. I’ve seen this repeatedly on the Bronco forum. As I’ve said there, crash the damn truck on the test drive and deny the dealership the ADM selling your truck to someone else.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
Right, I am aware. They can add markup using an addendum and placing it next to the window sticker. What I wasn’t aware of is them actually being able to access your account or Fords system, where you placed your order and changing that number after the fact. Basically Alex is saying that number was $0 when he ordered and then all of a sudden went to $10k, on his account.
Yes. They can do this and that's what Alex is reporting.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yes. They can do this and that's what Alex is reporting.
Damn, I guess people do need to start taking screenshots, what a mess

This dealer has balls doing it to an big Influencer like Alex on Autos

Last edited:

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I might agree that $1-2,000 markup could be missed. But nobody is going to miss
$10-30k on the total price at the bottom of the page when they submit their order. I’m pretty sure we can stop arguing that point.

tkittlitz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14Ram1500ED, 20FordEscapeHybrid, 22LightningOrder
Is this anyone here? I hope not. @Ford Motor Company

Look at the picture with the window sticker. To the left you can see the dealer added options list. They went ham on stupid added extras like paint protections and window tint.

It is however just as slimy to add dealer options to a factory ordered truck before customer gives the OK.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I'm prepared to walk if the dealer marks up my truck. I'm not going to make a stink about it (aside from bitching about it here lol). I'm a free market guy, the dealer should be able to sell it for whatever they can get for it. Yeah, I signed an order sheet but, as we all know, it's non-binding. I could walk away without repercussion.
At least let ford know. I’m sure they wouldn’t be impressed. Yet another reason to cut out the middle man.
Sponsored