• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lack of OTA Updates...Am I the Only One?

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
In the same boat… 23 Lightning Lariat SR purchased July 23, not a single OTA update since. Talked to the ford over the air team several times, they eventually recommended taking it to the dealer which I was finally able to get scheduled early Feb. Dealer had the truck 2wks, replaced the 12V battery and sensor under the recall program, reported that no updates were available.

I didn’t buy that so went the Mongoose and FDRS route… As soon as I logged in, I saw that 11 updates were available! Almost bricked it during the process as I was unprepared and did not have a battery charger connected with enough current capacity to keep it above the low voltage limit during the larger updates (hint-you need a lot of juice). Eventually got them all pushed through. It’s been several weeks since, still not a single update (or even a notification one is available).

I know it doesn’t really matter as the truck is fully functional, I just feel like something is broken and I need to fix it.
Interesting, for the longest time it seemed from what i was reading that it was mostly ERs that weren't getting any update love. I too got impatient and went the FDRS route and have updated modules several times over the last 5 months or so but none of them added any of the missing features or changed my sync version or anything like that...

Started getting OTAs a couple weeks ago...

would love it if someone at ford would just tell us all WTF is going on with updates. like tell us something about the process and what y'all are doing behind the scenes a little. something, anything other than basically radio silence from them would be great.
Sponsored

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
My last updated was PU0306-BCF-DET back on 7/15/2023.
Ford tells me there aren't any updates pending for me, and I haven't had any failures or anything.
It seems like I'm the only person not getting all of the recent updates.
As far as I can tell, I'm still on 4.2.3.1 (which was installed on 5/31/2023)
I purchased my truck on 6-8-23 , I have not received any updates.

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
'22 lariat, last update was March of '23. Had all warranty work done in January '24 including batt sensor. No luck 😢

bradfortyfour

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150⚡ Lariat ER, 2018 Kia Niro PHEV
Occupation
IT
At least you were getting some. I have had my truck for 9 months and just this month started to get updates. Now have had three. Still waiting on the one I care about where I can see SOC on the battery gauge. 🤷‍♂️
I just received 6.4 and still don't have the SOC on instrument cluster. I finally started receiving updates about a month ago, took delivery of truck Nov 23. I get at least 1 sometimes 2 updates per week.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I just received 6.4 and still don't have the SOC on instrument cluster. I finally started receiving updates about a month ago, took delivery of truck Nov 23. I get at least 1 sometimes 2 updates per week.
I think 6.8.0 is providing that now

Sponsored
OP
OP

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Still no signs of updates for me…

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Still no signs of updates for me…
Are you looking for something specific? Like the OBCC for example?

You don't currently have a gateway, or APIM (Sync), or TCU update in your list...and most (if not all) of the updates you currently show haven't gone out as OTAs anyway.

And according to your session history the service techs didn't update anything while they had your truck...they just gave it a check with FDRS, and obviously decided that since you didn't have a GWM (gateway) module in your list that needed updating...that you were good to go and nothing more they could do.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lack of OTA Updates...Am I the Only One? jhawkbear-17-Mar-24

Cruise control related updates (OTA versions of the CMR, IPMA, PSCM) are kinda all on hold right now while they sort out how they're going to certify and then roll out BC 1.4. And that will probably be rolled out to the '22 and '23 model years as separate groups when it does happen.

Most of the other stuff in this list with the exception of the OBCC hasn't even gone out as OTAs that I'm aware of. I could be wrong.

OP
OP

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
I’m really hoping for the SOC% on the main screen, and the Tesla plug & charge update.
And it worries me that when BC 1.4 is released, I won’t get it since nothing is being updated for me.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I’m really hoping for the SOC% on the main screen, and the Tesla plug & charge update.
And it worries me that when BC 1.4 is released, I won’t get it since nothing is being updated for me.
You can ask @rugedraw to check out your OTA history to see if anything's been pushed your way....and if something has but failed he may be able to tell you why. I can't see OTA related stuff using FDRS.

OP
OP

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
You can ask @rugedraw to check out your OTA history to see if anything's been pushed your way....and if something has but failed he may be able to tell you why. I can't see OTA related stuff using FDRS.
He was nice enough to look for me a few days ago. It’s not showing that anything has been pushed to me. It seems like my VIN just hasn’t been selected yet.

Sponsored

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
I got 6.1.0 last night. Which update gives you the Tesla charging?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I hadn't gotten any updates since buying my truck in may of 23. Started getting them about a month ago and I've been getting an update a week so far. I'm up to 6.4 right now, I think they're going to try to get everyone up to date by the time the free tesla adapters roll out, but at least when they start they move fairly quickly.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
My last updated was PU0306-BCF-DET back on 7/15/2023.
Ford tells me there aren't any updates pending for me, and I haven't had any failures or anything.
It seems like I'm the only person not getting all of the recent updates.
As far as I can tell, I'm still on 4.2.3.1 (which was installed on 5/31/2023)
I just got 4.2.3.1 3 days ago on 3/15. Truck was built a year ago on 4/23. I’ve owned it for 5 months now.

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
I'm right there with you, with a '22, still on 4.X, and no updates since 10/4/2023. Could be worse, I haven't had the power train failure (bad battery module). I finally found a dealer that will send a mobile service to replace my LVB battery monitor. Problem now is it's out of stock everywhere. No idea when it'll get in. I'm hoping that it does some kind of voodoo and gets me out of the dog house that we seem to be in.
I doubt it is out of stock everywhere because my dealer reached out to me this week to schedule a mobile tech to replace mine, theyre coming out tomorrow.
Sponsored