• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
Hi, I wanted to thank you for your effort in this project. I really appreciate the help. To follow-up with your efforts, I contacted Skyline Ford in Salem, OR. I was inquiring if they had completed processing for the Oregon State Rebate as referenced in your posting.

The data in your posting indicated:
Skyline Ford in Salem, OR- No ADM. Their sales manager is also getting on the preferred EV list for the state allowing state rebates to be taken off purchase price.

I asked for confirmation of the above information as I have a reservation for an F150 Lightning which might be honored sometime in 2023 or later.
Date Reservation Placed: 05/25/2021
Your Ford Dealer: TS&S Ford, Madras, Oregon

I visited TS&S Ford November 2021 to discuss my reservation. At that time, I was told by a manager the dealer that they only acted as a delivery location and my entire transaction was with Ford. The only thing the dealer did was receive my vehicle from Ford. I was told I would have to pay the dealer a $150.00 document fee but there were no other fees due to the dealer.

It should be noted that I had, several years ago, researched document fees charged by Oregon Auto Dealers and at that time, Oregon law permitted a purchaser to process their own documents with the DMV and there was no requirement in Oregon law that dealers process DMV documents and they were prohibited from "requiring" a purchaser to pay document fees.

During March 2022, I was contacted by a salesperson from TS&S Ford, Madras, Oregon, While discussing my reservation, I told the salesperson that I had been told during my previous in person visit of the $150.00 document fee. The salesperson told me that the dealership would also be charging me a dealer processing fee of $5,000.

Based on the threat of the imposition of dealer markup, I sent a request to Skyline Ford in Salem, OR
I received the following reply from Skyline Ford:
Hi,

Thank you for considering Skyline Ford. We have your online request and based on the information you provided, we advise you keep your current Lightning reservation at its current dealer for delivery.

Thank you very much and enjoy your day,

Your Friends at Skyline Ford

You are receiving this email because you inquired about or purchased a vehicle from Skyline Ford recently or in the past. If you prefer not to receive further emails from us, click here to unsubscribe. Alternatively, you can send a written request to the address below. We'll remove you from our list as quickly as possible.
This email was sent to [email protected] on March 31, 2022.
To contact us please visit or call (503) 581-2411.
This email was delivered to you by:
Skyline Ford
2510 Commercial Street SE
Salem, OR 97302

With the above response It appears the information they provided to you may be misleading to say the least as it appears from their response that they don't want to participate in Lightning deliveries.

Just wanted to let you know of my experience.

Thanks again for your work on this project.
I don't know what you might be thinking, but I don't contact dealers to ask if they do ADM or not, I add it based on what other forum members tell me by adding their experience with the dealer.

Also, what should I add/edit for this dealer?
Sponsored

jrm390

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
FYI - just had Koons Ford of Annapolis in Maryland accept my order and there is no markup. It's currently listed as +$500.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
FYI - just had Koons Ford of Annapolis in Maryland accept my order and there is no markup. It's currently listed as +$500.
A lot or orders have been accepted and show zero ADM on the online order. Then subsequently the dealerships say they were tacking it on. Reach out to the GM to verify.

DAM5150

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost (Order), F150 Lightning (Res).
Occupation
Contractor
Hi, I wanted to thank you for your effort in this project. I really appreciate the help. To follow-up with your efforts, I contacted Skyline Ford in Salem, OR. I was inquiring if they had completed processing for the Oregon State Rebate as referenced in your posting.

The data in your posting indicated:
Skyline Ford in Salem, OR- No ADM. Their sales manager is also getting on the preferred EV list for the state allowing state rebates to be taken off purchase price.

I asked for confirmation of the above information as I have a reservation for an F150 Lightning which might be honored sometime in 2023 or later.
Date Reservation Placed: 05/25/2021
Your Ford Dealer: TS&S Ford, Madras, Oregon

I visited TS&S Ford November 2021 to discuss my reservation. At that time, I was told by a manager the dealer that they only acted as a delivery location and my entire transaction was with Ford. The only thing the dealer did was receive my vehicle from Ford. I was told I would have to pay the dealer a $150.00 document fee but there were no other fees due to the dealer.

It should be noted that I had, several years ago, researched document fees charged by Oregon Auto Dealers and at that time, Oregon law permitted a purchaser to process their own documents with the DMV and there was no requirement in Oregon law that dealers process DMV documents and they were prohibited from "requiring" a purchaser to pay document fees.

During March 2022, I was contacted by a salesperson from TS&S Ford, Madras, Oregon, While discussing my reservation, I told the salesperson that I had been told during my previous in person visit of the $150.00 document fee. The salesperson told me that the dealership would also be charging me a dealer processing fee of $5,000.

Based on the threat of the imposition of dealer markup, I sent a request to Skyline Ford in Salem, OR
I received the following reply from Skyline Ford:
Hi,

Thank you for considering Skyline Ford. We have your online request and based on the information you provided, we advise you keep your current Lightning reservation at its current dealer for delivery.

Thank you very much and enjoy your day,

Your Friends at Skyline Ford

You are receiving this email because you inquired about or purchased a vehicle from Skyline Ford recently or in the past. If you prefer not to receive further emails from us, click here to unsubscribe. Alternatively, you can send a written request to the address below. We'll remove you from our list as quickly as possible.
This email was sent to [email protected] on March 31, 2022.
To contact us please visit or call (503) 581-2411.
This email was delivered to you by:
Skyline Ford
2510 Commercial Street SE
Salem, OR 97302

With the above response It appears the information they provided to you may be misleading to say the least as it appears from their response that they don't want to participate in Lightning deliveries.

Just wanted to let you know of my experience.

Thanks again for your work on this project.
HA

I just did this same song and dance but with Kendall in Bend. I hate Kendall and made the reservation when it was still Roberson. Skyline doesn't seem to want to share the love.

Going to see about moving it to Wright in Redmond. Standup guys over there.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
This is an ADM mark-up. Ford offered dealers the ability to register ADM in their order system, but told dealerships that if they did charge ADM, it may negatively affect their allocations. So the sneaky dealers are calling it something different - "processing fee", "handling fee", "delivery fee", etc. Make no mistake, this is ADM - and it's even more sneaky because the dealers are trying to hide that from Ford so their allocations don't get affected.

You should report that to Ford customer service - the dealer is attempting to charge you a special additional fee in addition to what Ford's system is showing you.

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
For those that missed the Order Invite...Gotta Deal for You!

Ford F-150 Lightning List: F-150 Lightning dealers that do / don't apply ADM (price markup) Lightning 145k.PNG

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
For those that missed the Order Invite...Gotta Deal for You!

Lightning 145k.PNG
Well it's good to see the dealer marking up their demo by over $50K!

This is the next county over - I wonder if they allow test drives ?
I'd like to see how it drives since I am going to spend $70,000 on an unseen, undriven truck.

Shrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, Energica Eva Ribelle
Planet Ford in Houston confirmed verbally: No ADM on pre-orders. ADM added on trucks that make it on the lot from customer backing out on delivery.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center