• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
My Dealer has $0 ADM. But if you get add ons you will be moved to the preferred slot. So we added Full ceramic coating, rust undercoating, tint 2 front windows, extended warranty (+84 month +150,000), Maintenance plan (+84 month +150,000) that adds up for the dealer they charged us over $10,000.00 CND. At least we are getting something that has some value instead of just a cash ADM.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Calling all F-150 Lightning order or reservation holders in the New York area tonight! Please join the Ford team for an exclusive preview of the all-new, all-electric F-150 Lightning. You’ll have the opportunity to see firsthand one of Lightning's unique power features at work, grab some cool Lightning merch and enjoy a ride in the truck* TONIGHT Wednesday April 13, 8 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Register here [*limited and provided on a first come, first served basis]

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Calling all F-150 Lightning order or reservation holders in the New York area tonight! Please join the Ford team for an exclusive preview of the all-new, all-electric F-150 Lightning. You’ll have the opportunity to see firsthand one of Lightning's unique power features at work, grab some cool Lightning merch and enjoy a ride in the truck* TONIGHT Wednesday April 13, 8 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Register here [*limited and provided on a first come, first served basis]
Denver next!!! The system glitched out on me for last years ride along and I was forced to miss it….

Sponsored

JustBuyATesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat, 22 Tesla Model Y, 65 Vette
So recently got the email to place my order. Went to fill out order form and before hitting enter wanted to confirm if there is an ADM or not. My local dealer has been brutal to work with for the past ~12 mo's (think all typical sleazy sales moves and some you haven't thought of) although was upfront about an ADM. I informed him I would switch dealers to one without an ADM and without blinking an eye the guy said ok. Feels like they are incentived for you to drop your order (?)

I find a dealer that has no ADM (took 3 tries btw) and I then called a Ford Customer Experience representative (corporate) letting him know I'd like to switch dealers. He then informs me that I would go to the back of the line. Seriously --- I've bought a bunch of cars in my life (including 2 Teslas) and this is the worst experience I've ever had.

Has anyone else figured out a way not to drop to the back of the line if you switch dealers? Super frustrated with the whole process!

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
So recently got the email to place my order. Went to fill out order form and before hitting enter wanted to confirm if there is an ADM or not. My local dealer has been brutal to work with for the past ~12 mo's (think all typical sleazy sales moves and some you haven't thought of) although was upfront about an ADM. I informed him I would switch dealers to one without an ADM and without blinking an eye the guy said ok. Feels like they are incentived for you to drop your order (?)

I find a dealer that has no ADM (took 3 tries btw) and I then called a Ford Customer Experience representative (corporate) letting him know I'd like to switch dealers. He then informs me that I would go to the back of the line. Seriously --- I've bought a bunch of cars in my life (including 2 Teslas) and this is the worst experience I've ever had.

Has anyone else figured out a way not to drop to the back of the line if you switch dealers? Super frustrated with the whole process!
I wish Ford would publish a rulebook for the game and be done with it. Seems like every time I try to figure out a plan I hear a different story....even directly from Ford.

I got the invite Tuesday but of course my dealer added 5k to the order. At least I saw it before I processed the 85K Lariat invite.

Really thinking I'll just go in and extend for a Pro or XLT and hope Ford gets their shit together before August. Of course they'll probably only build another 200 Pros for retail. I gotta walk away from this circus LOL.
Cheers

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant

I'm a little confused about when and how you discussed ADM, but I'll tell you my experience and hope that helps. I wrote my dealer twice confirming no ADM and was told twice there would be no ADM. When I received my invitation to order there was suddenly $30k ADM! Dealer called and started a speech about how "they're suffering, inflation, blah, blah, blah". Instead of listening to scumbag reciting a sob story about how $8k on a sale they did nothing to earn is unfair, I hung up on said scumbag. Called Ford Marketing and escalated--got a case number--was told the same thing about moving to the back of the line. Called a few times over the next day or two and pleaded the case again, gave them the case number, and asked if I switched if I would get a '22 in '22. I was told yes. I did receive my production date this week.

Hopefully that helps! I think some reps are more knowledgeable than others or Ford gets tired of people calling with this complaint and they know a dealer is making FMCO look bad.

JustBuyATesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat, 22 Tesla Model Y, 65 Vette
I'm a little confused about when and how you discussed ADM, but I'll tell you my experience and hope that helps. I wrote my dealer twice confirming no ADM and was told twice there would be no ADM. When I received my invitation to order there was suddenly $30k ADM! Dealer called and started a speech about how "they're suffering, inflation, blah, blah, blah". Instead of listening to scumbag reciting a sob story about how $8k on a sale they did nothing to earn is unfair, I hung up on said scumbag. Called Ford Marketing and escalated--got a case number--was told the same thing about moving to the back of the line. Called a few times over the next day or two and pleaded the case again, gave them the case number, and asked if I switched if I would get a '22 in '22. I was told yes. I did receive my production date this week.

Hopefully that helps! I think some reps are more knowledgeable than others or Ford gets tired of people calling with this complaint and they know a dealer is making FMCO look bad.
Thank you. This is good news. I did bring up the fact that Ford Corporate has been publicly annoyed and vocal with ADM and pointed out to the very nice person on the other end of the phone if they really were serious about they wouldnt punish pre-orders by moving them to the back. Finally I asked if I could speak to somebody who actually “cares” about it ... he put my case in a queue; promised somebody will get back to me in 2 days, blah, blah, blah.

Stay tuned, but thank you for the Info.

Curious if this has happened to anyone else?

Good to know there is an option of moving dealers w/o going to the back of the line.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
No ADM for me. But a friend is getting screwed, and the dealer is playing underhanded. On the Ford online order, no ADM. But he was asked to come in and sign a buyer's order sheet that listed the price $5k above the amount on the Ford order. Dealer claimed Ford was doing this to everyone and that $99k was the price of the Platinum (when the web site shows $94k).

So Tri-Ford, Highland, IL is trying to hide the ADM from Ford (so they don't get yelled at by Ford). I told him to escalate through Ford because that is a bait-and-switch tactic. That, or tell Ford to move their order to another dealer if possible.

Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Summarizing my last post:
ILLINOIS
Jansen Ford of Breese, LLC, Breese, IL - No ADM
Tri-Ford, Highland, IL - $5,000 ADM demanded AFTER ORDER (system shows $0 ADM) - waived for my friend's order after a complaint

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
BS, the CRS is half right in that moving a RESERVATION WITH OUT an active order invite would put you somewhere in the middle/back/next of the time stamp line with all the other customers at that dealer.

You have an active opportunity to order RIGHT NOW, so you are at the head of the line anywhere you move to.

The crucial point for you is that you already have the invitation to order, find the right no ADM dealer move it and the allocation attached to your order moves with you.

Rxhevntt

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan R
Autonation Ford Margate, FL. My reservation is super late, but I wanted to get clarity now for whenever for my order becomes available or switch dealers.

In addition to zero responses to my multiple emails, I finally called and was left holding for 15 mins before someone came on the phone and swore Ford does not even have pricing yet ?

TL;DR $7000 markup on F 150 Lightning.