• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has your truck received this update?

• Total voters

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I noticed that someone started a second thread on this. @TaxmanHog is there a way to combine the two?
Thread consolidation completed, now back to the conversation .....
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Mine gave me an alert when I parked this evening and it’s supposed to be done tonight.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My truck has been trying to perform this latest update for the past three days to no avail. It comes back saying that it was cancelled because it was interrupted by another process. I have tried to force the update instead of waiting for the next scheduled time but still does not work. Has anyone else seen this issue or know what I should do to get the update to go through?

20230621_091203.jpg
20230621_091427.jpg

20230621_091203.jpg

20230621_091427.jpg
Hello, Robert! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this update concern. Thanks!

Rwidman

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Ford F150 Limited
My apologies, but I am not sure how to private message in this forum.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My apologies, but I am not sure how to private message in this forum.
Hover over or click the user avatar, wait for a popup you will see several options:

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0105-DC-CHG2: Improved DC Fast Charging 1687449252136

Sponsored

Rwidman

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Ford F150 Limited

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
I had it fail three times on Friday. I knew it was coming so I charged the 12V all night Thursday and verified it was over 80% before the first attempt. I got the same error you did but suspected I caused it by walking past the truck with the fob in my pocket. I verified the battery was still over 80%, kicked off the update again, turned off the headlights, locked the doors, and wrapped the fobs in aluminum foil and put them at the opposite end of the house. It failed again so I drove for 30 minutes and repeated the second attempt and got a third failure. I chatted with Ford and they had me do a connected services reset and told me it would update 15 minutes later. I left it for a couple of hours and then came back and this is the message on my screen now. I’ve only gotten two normal OTA updates, every other time it has failed or I’ve had to charge the 12V with and external charger. It seems like the OTA process is getting worse instead of better.
PAAK is a new problem for me... My PAAK started to actually work with a recent update, but now I've been fighting with the truck not updating. It's because our bedroom is above the garage and the truck sees my phone in range. So now this latest update I had to manually start it and have my phone further away. So far I'm not liking Ford's PAAK setup now that it works. I'll stick with it as it's nice to have, but I don't trust it enough to not have the fob with me (I know there's the code to start and drive, but..). The phone as a key thing was pretty quirky at first with Tesla too, but they eventually got it sorted and it's mostly flawless now. I'm sure Ford will figure it out eventually.

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
I must have a dozen messages now with failed attempts. My fobs are close to the truck in the mudroom, could it be that silly? I'm going to move them to living room and turn off bluetooth on my iphone. iphone short cut for 12v status reports 13v

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I must have a dozen messages now with failed attempts. My fobs are close to the truck in the mudroom, could it be that silly? I'm going to move them to living room and turn off bluetooth on my iphone. iphone short cut for 12v status reports 13v
two of my three failures happened with my fobs wrapped in aluminum foil away from the garage. I talked to someone at Ford and the response was that the precondition were not met and it would be pushed again. They would not give me further details on what precondition was not met.

jedi713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
I am in the same boat. Mine has failed more than a dozen times so far. I have tried charging it then doing it, driving for 30 minutes and trying, remote starting it and moving it and trying. Having no luck at all. Extremely frustrating.

Sponsored

klossfam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat & 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Same issue with the multiple attempts. This is the first OTA that hasn't worked perfectly in over 1 year and 28,000 miles.

Not a big deal as I've had no handshake issues with DC chargers but would like to get it to install to end the pop ups.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Still issues with this update for me. And the last one that I moved the phone/fobs for that may not have been the issue. Seems to be quite a few reports popping up of it not working for people. This update may just be broken.

klossfam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat & 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Still issues with this update for me. And the last one that I moved the phone/fobs for that may not have been the issue. Seems to be quite a few reports popping up of it not working for people. This update may just be broken.
Yeah. Appears to be as this is the first OTA since June 2022 that has not worked. I've done all the required steps and let it update at 1:00 am but still won't take. Again, don't really care as no DC handshake issues but the pop up is annoying...

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
Yeah. Appears to be as this is the first OTA since June 2022 that has not worked. I've done all the required steps and let it update at 1:00 am but still won't take. Again, don't really care as no DC handshake issues but the pop up is annoying...
mine failed again this morning too, and I charge at home 99% of time.
Sponsored